Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: The House of Others here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 6, 17 12:45 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/06/2017 at 5:02:32 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: The House of Others here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 6, 17 5:03 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Tales: The House of Others here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Tales: The House of Others.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Tales: The House of Others here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 7, 17 6:00 AM
I buy the Collector's Edition versions of these HOPA games, that have an interesting demo, and sometimes games in a series that have always been good even if the demo was less than stellar, during BOGO sales. It's funny that some of the less stellar games improve vastly after the demo, yet some of the more interesting game demos, fizzle and head south. I wait to finish playing the game until the Standard Edition version is released, and usually play the SE demo version first, and then finish playing the CE version (or at least try to finish) I really liked the demo, but I had no desire to keep playing this game in its entirety. I made it through Chapter 3, and almost all of chapter 4, but it just became stagnant, adding very little new factors to the story. Really the only meat of the story happens within the demo, all the rest are just bits and pieces that cinch the fact that good ole dad was just a[n] __________ (fill in the blank) I also think Mystery Tales should ditch the color scheme, the over abundance of blue and purple hues, make the game less credible, I keep expecting a Unicorn to walk across the screen, leaving a trail of glitter bombs behind him! Anyway, here's a recap of my review to help you decide which version, if any, is right for you:
You see dead people. This is your gift, this is also your curse, and this time it's personal. You've been contacted by your brother Patrick, and this can only mean one thing, he's probably dead! Ghost hunting runs in the family, and Patrick was the host of the popular Ghost Riders show. His latest show took place in the Arden Manor, home to Count Valack Arden, an infamous serial killer. No one knows why this once kind and gentle father, turned into a vicious killer, but it's probably safe to assume it has something to do with the death of his baby girl Helen.
No credible ghost chaser would be caught "dead" without their Astral Glasses that allow you to see past events as well as interact with the astral plane and it's objects. In the Collector's Edition version, there are 44 Hidden Butterflies (and apparently moths are included) that allow you to use them as currency to purchase 14 different Cursed Items. There are also 15 hidden Morphing Figurines, 16 collectible Tarot Cards and Collectible Notes, which always seem to blow away from your hands as soon as you arrive, happens every time!
The Hidden Object Scenes are varied and for the most part, are entertaining, although they aren't very creative. In the CE version, you can also opt to play a Match 3 game alternate. There are Interactive List finds, Silhouetted Shape finds, Keyword finds, and even Zoom Zone finds. My favorite however, are the "Spot the Difference" scenes.
The Mini Games are decent, but even on the "Hard" setting, they seem fairly easy to solve. I played almost to the end of chapter 4, and was able to complete all of the puzzles, in Hard Mode, on the first or second attempt. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Rotate the circles to create the symbols shown around the border, rotating one circle may affect others.
2) Swap the black and white tokens, they can only move forward and can only jump opposite colors.
3) Clear all ghosts by moving to a space next to them.
4) Select arrows to mold the lockpick to fit the lock.
5) Click on 4 different colored light filtering options to scan for the ghost in each scene.
6) Use directional arrows to move the planchette and flip over all tiles to create an image.
7) Swap books to create an image on the book spines, wrong selections will cause the books to shuffle.
8) Pick the correct card that matches the description given in the crystal ball.
9) Color the painting according to the numbers, some colors require mixing paints that equal larger sums.
10) Arrange arrows on the board to create a path that will cross all symbols.
MYSTERY TALES GAMES AVAILABLE:
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
Alaskan Wild (August 24-15) 3.8
Eye of the Fire (September 29-16) 3.4
Her Own Eyes (February 18-16) 4.1
The Hangman Returns (January 26-17) 3.7
The House of Others (June 29-17) 3.8
The Lost Hope (January 25-14) 4.0
The Twilight World (January 29-15) 3.5
The Collector's Edition version has 15 Collectible Figurines, 16 Collectible Tarot Cards, Missing Dossier Notes to find, 15 Morphing Objects, 44 Hidden Butterflies to purchase Cursed Items, 11 Concept Art pictures, 13 Wallpapers, 5 Music Soundtracks, 18 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 34 Achievements to earn, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

Go to: