bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

souvenirs?

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 6, 17 1:13 PM
this is not the first game I've purchased that indicates it has "souvenirs" in it to collect, but I've yet to find any. none of the guide's locations actually show anything that's collectible - I have no trouble with morphing objects or "collectibles," it's just the "souvenirs." what am I missing?

riverdiver
Shark
Shark
11,426 Posts

Re:souvenirs?

[Post New]by riverdiver on Aug 6, 17 2:07 PM
Hi bajacalla!

You'll be able to collect the souvenirs after having completed the main game and the bonus chapter.
In Extras you can access the souvenirs and collect them.

The morphing objects can be found in the HOP's. Watch out for anything changing shape!
I loved this challenge!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 6, 17 5:14 PM
Yup.
For future reference, in case it helps, here is basic info on games with souvenirs-
Any game that says it has souvenirs (or treasures with Madhead games), means it has bonus content after the main and bonus games are played.
The Souvenirs are completely separate to the collectibles.
You get collectibles during gameplay, but you cannot get the souvenirs, and therefor any achievement related to getting them all, until you have already played the main and bonus games.

Once played, you go to extras and click on the souvenirs or treasures button and play the souvenirs game.
The souvenirs will be specific items. In some games when you click on the souvenirs button it takes you straight into gameplay, in others it takes you to a scene where you see the silhouettes of the souvenirs, in which case you click on one in order to begin gameplay.

You will then be presented with previous game scenes, with one souvenir hidden in each scene. What you are looking for will be shown at the bottom of the screen as a picture, like a HOP.
In some games the thing is hidden in plain sight, in others you may have to click on and move something out of the way to reveal the item, or else pick up another item like a pickaxe and use it somewhere in the scene to get your item, and some souvenir hunts are a bit of both.
Once you have found all the souvenirs (one per scene) then you will get your achievement if relevant.

Some games(like Madhead) provide extra gameplay after the souvenirs hunt is complete.
In Madhead developed games, for instance, you often can't get to the souvenirs until you have completed the collectibles, at which point the collectibles button in the extras menu will morph into the treasures button.
Once you have completed the treasures hunt, the treasures button will then morph into an Ultimate HOP game or something like that.

All games are different so it is important to investigate the extras menu to find what bonus content is available as many have jigsaws, souvenirs, character bios etc. as well as the usual music and screensaver offerings.

The main takeaway from this is that although you may find collectibles in the game, you will not get any souvenirs until you play the extras game after finishing the main and bonus ones, so don't worry that you haven't found them.
Happy gaming

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 7, 17 4:10 PM
thank you both so much!!!

Go to: