Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Subject 13 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 8, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/08/2017 at 6:35:33 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Subject 13 here.

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 8, 17 3:49 AM
I'm using a MacBook Pro MacOS Sierra all up to date. Opening screen I can't do anything? hint says button on arm rest is lit, but whatever I click on nothing happens.
A machine to the left opens but isn't running.

It asked what scree res I wanted when game started, but how would I know that?

Games should just start without needing to input settings...

I was looking forwards to playing this, so any help would be gratefully received please.

Thanks

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 8, 17 5:38 AM
@belamba

When you click on the button, the monitor on the left will then allow you to turn it on for the next clue

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 8, 17 6:35 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Mac Game Troubleshooting

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Aug 8, 17 5:17 PM
Belamba, I'm using a MacBook Pro with El Capitan and have found the controls just too taxing to bother with. I can intuit what needs to be done, it's just too much work to chase the hotspots and click correctly. This looked like a great game but it's ruined by being totally Mac-unfriendly. Giving up and deleting, thank goodness I tried the demo first.

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Aug 8, 17 6:02 PM
pennmom36 wrote:@belamba

When you click on the button, the monitor on the left will then allow you to turn it on for the next clue
Actually with my Mac, no. I tried.

[Post New]by Wildcats17 on Aug 8, 17 7:10 PM
Im playing on windows 8. Im in the second room. Every time Im finished with a close up of scene I cannot press the x to exit out. I have to exit from the game and then continue. I would like to purchase but that is an annoying glitch. Any fixes?

[Post New]by nitenurse2001 on Aug 8, 17 7:57 PM
Oh, hell to the no. The requirements for this game state that it can be played on OSX 10.6. I'm using a MacBookPro with 10.8 and it's so full-on annoying, either it's taking too long to respond or it doesn't work with even double-click(Mac right-click). Ugh. I even had to hard reboot my laptop because I couldn't exit after figuring out that, if I pressed the space bar, some of it would work. I've been playing games on BFG for so many years and this is a solid NO, IMO.

VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Aug 9, 17 7:05 AM
Made it to the 2nd room using my MAC and wireless mouse. I have the lever, but can't figure out what to do next. Any help out there?

[Post New]by Wildcats17 on Aug 9, 17 1:25 PM
You have to do a close up of lever and adjust prongs then use it.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 9, 17 2:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm swimming by to offer some troubleshooting support.

When a PC game won't respond to commands within a scene, I always suggest checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver determines how the game's graphics and the computer interact, so installing an update can fix whatever's causing the game to stall. Running the game in administrator mode can also resolve this issue by ensuring the game can access all of the resources it needs.

I've included help pages below with further instructions below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team.

I also want to help Mac players who've experienced trouble clicking on objects or spots in the game. Players whose computers use Apple's Magic Mouse have found that by setting up the wheel and right-click preferences for their mouse, they're better able to navigate the game. Since the instructions for how to activate those features vary based on computer, I'd recommend checking out Apple Support for further instruction.

If your Mac computer doesn't use a mouse, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further guidance.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 08/09/2017 at 3:12:52 PM PST

[Post New]by Wildcats17 on Aug 9, 17 4:44 PM
You have to do a close up of lever and adjust prongs then use it.

Prima2339
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Prima2339 on Aug 10, 17 12:48 PM
I am using Windows 8.1. In chapter 2, my reflectors LOCKED and will no longer move!!? I could originally move the reflectors up down swivel etc. to point the beams of light, but after placing the prism, they locked before I could aim the 3rd one to the prism! Now I can't light up the projector!?? However the game is NOT frozen, I can still move around from scene to scene; still pick up objects, zoom in etc. but can no longer adjust the reflectors!! Unfortunately, this game automatically saves your progress so, exiting and restarting didn't help to fix at all. My only option would be to start entirely over!! UGHhhh! IMO Poorly designed! Players should be able to at least load from previous save points, or even previous chapters! Hours of time completely wasted for this kind of ending!!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Aug 10, 17 1:09 PM
While I found this game a little challenging, I was loving it. However, I am unable to finish. Every time I play it heats up my laptop to a ridiculous degree. I didn't notice this until I had been playing for about an hour; by that point my laptop was too hot to comfortably keep my hand on it. I immediately shut the game down, and the machine cooled off.
Today I thought I would try playing in small increments. Nope, five minutes of play and there was already a hot spot. It's a real shame, as this sort of game is right up my alley, and I'd even become accustomed to the somewhat unusual controls.
I am running Windows 10 on a machine that's only about three months old, and have never had an issue with any other game.

Guess I'll watch the Youtube video to see what happens - not nearly as much fun as playing.

[Post New]by becbee245 on Aug 10, 17 9:18 PM
I am towards the end of the game, on a puzzle that is similar to minesweeper. I've hit a mine more then once however one of the green grids remains even after I've taken the eye off the top. i completed the rest of the puzzle but its not recognising that bugged square so i'm stuck ... so close to the end as well

[Post New]by baronesshunsdon on Aug 11, 17 3:48 PM
I closed the game when I was outside. I had found one of the "memos" or whatever they're called, next to the rock at the bottom left of the screen. When I opened the game again, that memo was gone and I cannot find it again. When I try to leave the area to go across to the temple, it tells me I haven't found all the memos yet and do I want to leave anyway. Will I mess up the game if I leave?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 12, 17 4:19 AM
baronesshunsdon, the memos (can't remember what they call them) are just for storytelling, and if you miss one you can still complete the game.

I also closed the game in chapter 1, after I'd found both memos and before I exited, and when I came back, it told me I hadn't found either memo yet, even though I had. But when I played one of the memos I found, the error corrected itself and it showed the correct number found.

[Post New]by lindiejohn on Aug 12, 17 6:30 AM
Wildcats17 wrote:Im playing on windows 8. Im in the second room. Every time Im finished with a close up of scene I cannot press the x to exit out. I have to exit from the game and then continue. I would like to purchase but that is an annoying glitch. Any fixes?

I am having the same problem, Almost every time i do a close up or try to work with items in my inventory it wont let me x out of it in any way.i have to exit to home screen and continue my journey. Makes it pretty frustrating and yes i did all the things recommended.

boa519
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by boa519 on Aug 13, 17 7:00 PM
Good evening I'm playing on PC and my problem is that I'm the dorm/bedroom and I have opened the right locker but the left won't open. Any suggestions??

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 13, 17 10:57 PM
calsmom2001 wrote:While I found this game a little challenging, I was loving it. However, I am unable to finish. Every time I play it heats up my laptop to a ridiculous degree. I didn't notice this until I had been playing for about an hour; by that point my laptop was too hot to comfortably keep my hand on it. I immediately shut the game down, and the machine cooled off.
Today I thought I would try playing in small increments. Nope, five minutes of play and there was already a hot spot. It's a real shame, as this sort of game is right up my alley, and I'd even become accustomed to the somewhat unusual controls.
I am running Windows 10 on a machine that's only about three months old, and have never had an issue with any other game.

Guess I'll watch the Youtube video to see what happens - not nearly as much fun as playing.

Holy cats - me too! I toddled off to do some chores for about 1/2 an hour and when I returned my laptop was so hot that is was shutting itself down!! What the heck?! Playing on a Lenovo Win Pro 7.

Go to: