Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Subject 13 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 8, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/08/2017 at 6:36:07 AM PST

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Subject 13 here.

[Post New]by annetterider on Aug 8, 17 4:53 AM
I would like to put my thoughts about this game down, but I couldn't even get to play it. I have windows 10 all updated and boy it is jerky when it does move. I can't answer the question the (Dr) asks took me 10 minutes no lie to open the game, try and put my name in and game rev, (how the hell should I know), then wait and wait then get frustrated and close the game up. I am so fed up with your games not working I have had so many I am going to down load all my games that do work and not buy another one from you. So angry.......So my review is DO NOT BUY THIS OR ANY OTHER GAMES FROM HERE, they really just put them out and hope they work. Such a sham yes I meant sham. I have been a member for a few years now and it has been getting worse and worse each year.

Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Interesting

[Post New]by 41273 on Aug 8, 17 5:18 AM
I am running Windows 10 and this game works perfectly for me. I find the game really different and interesting. The only reason I'm not buying this is because the controls are unbelievably clunky and after a short time I found them just plain annoying. My mouse got a good workout I'm disappointed!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 8, 17 5:35 AM
I'm betting this game will be hated by many gamers, and loved by hardcore gamers looking for a challenge. This game isn't going to hold your hand, and it's not going to have any sparkling HO's, the puzzles you need to solve in order to escape, will require you to solve it using neurons and logic, there's no Strategy Guide safety net. The graphics are basic and honestly ugly, but that's because you aren't locked up in an elegant mansion filled with colorful butterflies. The mechanics will drive you just as mad as the Professor of research, but the storyline will intrigue you so much, you'll put up with all the madness, and frustration!
To navigate your way through this old school sci-fi adventure, you need to click and hold the right mouse button, and scan the area, this isn't a point and click game, and you can look all around you, up, down, left, right and even behind objects. When a gear icon appears when you scan the area, you'll need to left click and hold, which prompts 3 categories, an eye which prompts your character, Frank Fargo,to say something, if there's anything to say, the hand icon allows you to pick up an item, some items will go into your inventory on the bottom left, and if you choose the magnifying glass, it will zoom into the area.
Most of the areas of importance require you to figure out what to do with it, or how to open it, you may need to push buttons, lift latches, turn a key, or place items correctly, move all around the object in a 2 or 3D manner, to search for an "aha" moment or clue to how it works. You may want to write down numbers, or anything that might be important in the future. Some areas will give you somewhat of a clue or step in the right direction, when the Question Mark lights up.
Most rooms or areas have 2 Testimonies to discover. These are yellow, and are voice recordings from various researchers, these are important, and they paint a picture of what is going on, it's they only way you'll learn the storyline! You will be asked if you want to stay and find the missing Testimonies or leave the area, once you find a way out that is.
This game won't be a game for everyone, it's by no means an easy game, and the features and game mechanics are difficult to say the least, to navigate. Please play the demo first to see if this game will be your cup of tea, enjoy your escape!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 8, 17 6:36 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Subject 13 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Subject 13.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Aug 8, 17 9:18 AM
I LOVE it! Microids is going back to their awesome roots! This game challenges your brain! Thank you for giving us a good game! So tired of the same old pick a ridiculous object up and put it somewhere else and it opens some strange place to find... da da da.....another ridiculous object! This game is 5

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 8, 17 12:02 PM
Based on completed game

First off, I am biased since I backed this game on Kickstarter a long time ago and so I have a very protective feeling towards all my indie game ventures. If you have feelings one way or another about Microids, know that it published this game and that's all. This is a completely independent, crowd sourced development project.

Now then, I enjoyed this game a whole lot. I love sci-fi and I especially liked the puzzles. And this is above all, a puzzle game. Some were simple and then as the game goes on, there are some really challenging, difficult puzzles to get through. I recommend checking out 123pazu for help if needed as he is great at explaining things in his video play through of this game.

Hope puzzle/adventure gamers like this too.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Aug 8, 17 12:32 PM
First of all, this is a good game, unlike most on BigFish , this is a pure adventure game. Really makes you think. I did a google search and found a play-through video so was able to get a bit farther than the first room.

I found the game difficult, but intriguing. Not sure if I will buy now, but eventually I will because the story is so good. I have Windows 10, Creator's Edition, fully updated, and am having no technical problems at all. I rarely have any, but when I do BigFish always makes it work for me

If you enjoy pure adventure gaming I heartily recommend this one!

CelticCoco

Edited on 08/10/2017 at 4:48:19 PM PST

[Post New]by CAMKiwi on Aug 8, 17 6:49 PM
This is a great little game and it plays without any problems. I really enjoy games like this one and Leaves which BF released a few days ago. No hand holding and you have to get the brain cells working. The story gets more intriguing with each memo found. Hopefully we will see more of this type of game

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 9, 17 2:39 AM
annetterider wrote:I would like to put my thoughts about this game down, but I couldn't even get to play it. I have windows 10 all updated and boy it is jerky when it does move. I can't answer the question the (Dr) asks took me 10 minutes no lie to open the game, try and put my name in and game rev, (how the hell should I know), then wait and wait then get frustrated and close the game up. I am so fed up with your games not working I have had so many I am going to down load all my games that do work and not buy another one from you. So angry.......So my review is DO NOT BUY THIS OR ANY OTHER GAMES FROM HERE, they really just put them out and hope they work. Such a sham yes I meant sham. I have been a member for a few years now and it has been getting worse and worse each year.

I've been a member since 2007 and I can count on the fingers of one hand how many games have genuinely had a problem. I played on Vista for years with no problems and now run Win7, also with no problems. I didn't upgrade to Win 10 because there was no point; it did nothing over and above Win7 that I wanted.

I was able to play this intriguing game with no technical issues at all. So many people complain about faulty games but perhaps the fault lies with whatever device you're using. Sometimes all that's needed is a good de-clutter but how many actually bother? Is your device even capable of running a particular game? Do you check the game specs?

Finally, please do not tell me not to buy games from here. I can trust this site and 99.9% of games run just fine for me. If you persistently get problems, I'd advise you to look at your set-up instead of blaming the games themselves; if that doesn't help contact Customer Services. I did that recently about a message problem; they got back to me within 3 days and solved the issue. They may be able to tell you why you get so many problems; telling people not to buy the games is solving nothing.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 9, 17 3:10 AM
Well this is one game where you won't get a helper or a hooded villain or a sister that turns into a ferret or have to rescue a relative from mortal danger or go through a portal. What a relief

What you get is a game unlike anything I've seen before. Trapped in a strange building, your identity stripped away to just a subject number with a robotic but kindly voice that leads you through a series of tests in order for you to escape....or so you think. At the end you might get transported through a portal to meet the Mad Hatter or Noddy or Mr Spock; who knows where you'll end up? That's the puzzle.

The graphics are very basic and the controls take some getting used to before you get comfortable with them; I couldn't get round a room without feeling dizzy at first! It's all about 'mouse control' and a really steady hand but gradually you get the hang of it. You can look round a room, zoom into an object, examine it more closely and pick it up if necessary. There's pretty much no colour either; it's all grey with a tiny touch of detail colour here and here. It suits the game though.

The puzzles are something else; if you want a challenge then look no further than this game! Have you ever tried noughts and crosses ( that's what we call tic-tac-toe in the UK ) the other way round? Try not to make a line of 3 by lighting up 6 squares with only a 9 square board; it's not as easy as it looks!! Then you get a book to unlock; took me a long time to work it out but the sense of achievement you get when it finally opens is priceless Now I have a 2 prong lever, a large hex key and that book but all exits are closed. How to get out of this room is causing me some problems but I will figure it out eventually!

My only concerns for our escapee Franklin Fargo is.....when does he eat or sleep and where's the loo Otherwise I'm going to enjoy every second of this intriguing and highly enjoyable game. A definite buy and hopefully the clever dev brings us more games like this one

No technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 9, 17 9:16 AM
This is a great throwback game. Played well on Win 10. I cut my teeth on old games with word parsers, and was looking forward to returning to original gaming. Unfortunately, I am one of those people who suffer from motion sickness when playing a 3D game. Would have been nice.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Aug 9, 17 10:12 AM
What a great adventure game. To me the games had become so easy so this is interesting and lots of fun. Stayed up very late playing. For those who are afraid to try because of no guide there are little bits of hints here and there. You are allowed to skip one puzzle during the game but only one. But don't worry the game I would say if very old so the puzzles so far I have played we have done so many times before. They were quite easy and I am half way finished. If you do need help there is an excellent video online (one of the best I have seen) for help. PS: My fingers did get a workout using the mouse, not a point and click.

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on Aug 12, 17 9:43 PM
I LOVED this game! No hand holding and the puzzles were just challenging enough to keep me going without stopping me cold. Reminds me a lot of Siberia.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Aug 12, 17 10:20 PM
I loved Siberia and hate this one. A no buy for me.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 14, 17 11:37 PM
I really, really, REALLY wanted to like this one as I am always thrilled to my toes when an adventure game is released, but the controls ruined this one for me. I found it to be very clumsy and trigger points hard to maneuver on once found. Maybe it's just more that the controls are not sensical or organic to the player as some actions require left mouse, others right and hold, etc. That might sound like a simple "why can't I just figure it out" thing but it just felt all wrong to me. I don't ever recall another adventure game (and I'm going way back in time) where the controls were the thing I had a problem with. But I did purchase as I always want to support the adventure-only effort and I will finish it one of these days.

anniebird
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by anniebird on Aug 15, 17 1:12 PM
I love this game so much! It reminds me of the first time I played Myst -- had to figure everything out with no hints and no handholding, just pure logical thinking. I haven't quite finished it because I've been stuck on the minesweeper game for two days now but I'm determined to conquer it.

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on Aug 26, 17 12:17 PM
Alas follow pondlings I can not endure the Minesweeper puzzle anymore After a gazillion times of play I only got to do the ending twice. That's not good. I did really enjoy playing the game UNTIL Minesweeper. Maybe if 1 or 2 hints were stated it wouldn't be so bad. Good luck to those who stick with it. Also, never found out how to use autosolve.

Go to: