Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Owl Rescue here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 9, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/09/2017 at 9:34:19 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Owl Rescue here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 9, 17 9:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Owl Rescue here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Owl Rescue.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 08/09/2017 at 9:34:30 AM PST

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Aug 9, 17 2:09 PM
Did I miss the instructions? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing, or how to do it.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Aug 9, 17 3:26 PM
Hi Ivd04,

No, I don't think you missed the instructions, it was the developer who either forgot to put in the tutorial, or they thought anyone playing this game, also played Penguin Rescue or Pretty Snails. Or....they wanted you to figure it out on your own LOL!

If you don't want to get their other games, you can go to the forums for these games and pick up some tips, however, the names of powerups or bonuses will be be different.

I played the other games many times (to say the least) so I didn't have any problems. But, I noticed the fact they didn't have a tutorial right away, and wondered why Intersol did that. It's a fun game and can be challenging, so you might consider at least demoing the other games. The other two don't have a player profile option, but at least they included it in this one.

Good luck!

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Aug 9, 17 3:30 PM
skpjazz - thanks. I'm working my way thru penguin rescue right now. The problem I had with the owls was that I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the envelopes and penguin rescue doesn't have them.

[Post New]by Patrosebud49 on Aug 9, 17 4:12 PM
I played the other games but am really having a hard time getting all the envelopes. I have played this level 5 times and still can't get all the envelopes and there are no tutorial or instructions. Any tips???

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Aug 9, 17 8:01 PM
My tip would be to think of the envelopes as a double layer of sand -- as in Penguin Rescue. You'll notice that the envelope initially has a pink edge, and when you make a match on top of it -- it turns white. Then you have to make another match on top of it to clear it. When you see the number of envelopes to collect, a pink edge one is counted as 2 (double layer).

As in PR and PS, make all the match 4s and 5s that you can to create the egg powerups. Combine them as often as you can. Of course, the ideal match is the colorful egg -- made by a match 5 lined up -- and combine it with the other type eggs for more of an explosion and clearing out of rows and columns.

I noticed that in Owl Rescue, you are given more bonuses to use while you're playing the board. Use the "free move" bonus to move an owl one space to help create a match 4 or 5. Of course, use the bonuses wisely, in case you get low on gold coins.

Also, make sure you look at the tasks to the left of the board. Sometimes you don't have envelopes to get rid of, but you have to create and combine the egg powerups. The egg with a star on it is created by a T match 5. This is where the "free move" bonus may come in handy.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Aug 14, 17 10:04 PM
I have enjoyed the game until now but finally over level 100, I hit the stuff I don't like about these kind of games. Timed levels and Bombs. I play these games for fun, not for frustration or feeling pressured to act.

So alas this game is being deleted.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 15, 17 7:52 AM
[review based on completed game]

Pros: cute graphics/music, good challenge, powerups readily available, a few new features as compared to earlier games by this developer

Cons: no playing instructions, limited moves only, can't make moves all the time, all levels starting at level 105 are cloned from earlier games

If you haven't played either Penguin Rescue or Pretty Snails, this game is the best of those games. 150 levels with some additional features added into the first 100 levels of the game. The powerups are also more readily available and you can now create separate player profiles and restart the game over and over without having to do a file folder workaround.

For some reason, there are no playing instructions, so if you don't like to figure out what all the powerups do on your own or you haven't played any other games from this dev you'll likely get confused since it's limited moves all the time. A key part of the strategy is to use the powerups carefully and also to combine them for better effects at the right time.

I found the interface and music really cute, but the music is on a short loop and got monotonous after a while, so I ended up shutting it off about halfway through the game. However, my biggest disappointment with the game was finding that all the levels after 105 are exactly the same as in Penguin Rescue and Pretty Snails! I can't figure out the logic behind this, as it would have been much better to simply end the game after 105 levels if there wasn't going to be anything new by that point. I made myself finish the game, but am not going back to get all the rest of the stars since I pretty much know how to do it already. If you don't have the earlier games, this is definitely worth a look, but if you do have the other ones, it's up to you whether you want to keep on doing the same thing. I'm keeping quiet on the "recommend" button.

Go to: