chigal012
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

How to switch between hammer and bow?

[Post New]by chigal012 on Aug 9, 17 3:01 AM
I've only played the demo so far and I have a question before I decide whether to buy the game.

I have both the hammer and bow powerups. When I click on their "area" at the bottom left of the screen, the cursor changes to a target "surrounded" by a bow and a hammer. How do I pick which of the two powerups I want to use? When I hovered over the board, it seemed like it would automatically choose the bow if I clicked on a tile, but I ran out of time before I could do any tests. Does anyone know how this works? Thanks!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:How to switch between hammer and bow?

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 9, 17 7:01 AM
The bow and the hammer should be in different places - the hammer is further left than the bow. When you click on the hammer, you should only get the hammer, and when you click on the bow you should only get the bow.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 9, 17 7:18 AM
Hi chigal012, I didn't try clicking on both powerups like that while playing, but I did notice that once you clicked on any powerup, you had to use the powerup, i.e. there was no way to "cancel" it if you accidentally clicked on one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 9, 17 7:29 AM
I was able to cancel my hammer when I didn't need it. I just clicked on the main hammer again, and the cursor hammer went back.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 9, 17 7:38 AM
Thanks for the tip Valdy. I must have a system issue with the game because I don't remember being able to do that. Also on some of the boards I had to be really careful when clicking on the bottom row of the M3 board, otherwise I would accidentally click on one of the powerups and set it off instead...

chigal012
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by chigal012 on Aug 9, 17 8:05 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone. Both the hammer and the bow were barely visible in the bottom left corner (on full screen) and the bow was mostly covered by the hammer. This is weird. Perhaps it's a bug

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 9, 17 8:21 AM
chigal012 wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone. Both the hammer and the bow were barely visible in the bottom left corner (on full screen) and the bow was mostly covered by the hammer. This is weird. Perhaps it's a bug

This is what I thought you said, that both the hammer and the bow were in the same place. Perhaps you want to try and change your screen resolution?

--- --- ---

SynthpopAddict, sorry, I didn't mean the big main hammer, it's the small hammers I click on when I want to put it back.

chigal012
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by chigal012 on Aug 9, 17 8:55 AM
Hmm, that might work, but I'm out of time for the demo. I think I'll use a credit to buy it next month, and hope for the best

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 9, 17 1:01 PM
Valdy wrote:SynthpopAddict, sorry, I didn't mean the big main hammer, it's the small hammers I click on when I want to put it back.

I'm replaying right now and that trick worked, thanks!

Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Aug 27, 17 12:18 PM
Here's what worked for me. I had the same initial problem as everyone else. I switched to windowed mode where you can see the powers arranged neatly at the bottom of the screen. Each power up has a maximum of 3. Without quitting the game, I reset the mode to full screen and everything worked perfectly. BTW, I'm playing on a mac. A very challenging game though!

Go to: