Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Solitaire Game shutting off tutorial and changing card backs

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 9, 17 7:03 AM
I don't like the repeated tutorial pop-up for the card game either. And I didn't know you can get different card backgrounds. Where does it say that?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 9, 17 7:14 AM
Welcome to the pond, Woolster

The tutorial for the solitaire always coming up appears to be a design oversight. I clicked on the close (?) button in the bottom center to get it to go away. I noticed the same thing about the card backs too, but didn't see anything on where/how you could change them. It might be something they were going to implement but got left out?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 10, 17 12:11 AM
Woolster wrote:I really enjoy the card game as a mini game option and would like to change card backs, which was noted in some reviews.
Woolster

No, you definitely can't buy other backgrounds or card backs with your coins. The person who wrote the review got that one wrong. I just wish that when they do get it wrong they would amend their review so as not to confuse other gamers who read it.

Necromage
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Necromage on Aug 22, 17 11:46 AM
Valdy wrote:
No, you definitely can't buy other backgrounds or card backs with your coins. The person who wrote the review got that one wrong. I just wish that when they do get it wrong they would amend their review so as not to confuse other gamers who read it.

The solitaire tutorial popup that we are all trying to get rid of has 5 pages of instructions. Click "continue" until you get to page 4 and that's where it says you can use coins to buy card backs and backgrounds.

I was curious and I went to check the game folder. There IS a folder for card fronts and solitaire powerup animations. So it looks like the idea was indeed scratched before the game was released.

Go to: