bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 28, 10 12:52 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Apr 28, 10 1:09 AM
Each object found is rewarded with flickering flashing lights - Grrrr...

And did they just have me pick up a cup off the ground to fill with coffee because the machine was out?

So migraines and food poisoning, no thanks.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 28, 10 1:14 AM
The storyline and screenshots look good - however when you start to play things are not so good.
There is no challenge- the sparse objects are placed on screen as thrown on - and it's not much fun.

No deal

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 28, 10 3:29 AM
Played the demo and no real problems. I would buy it if offered as a daily deal. Game looks like older ones.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Apr 28, 10 4:06 AM
Oh Come on BF! Give us a break! The music is annoying, too easy,
and when I got to the picture puzzles, well, I've been doing them for years and I could not flip the pieces. No instructions or skip, just pause.

Someone didn't put enough effort into this one.

[Post New]by kimba3657 on Apr 28, 10 4:39 AM
At the first picture to complete and pieces won't flip or do anything, what gives? Fix and should be a decent game. Simple but fun none the less.

nancymc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nancymc on Apr 28, 10 4:39 AM
Horrors...the help never worked. First time around, never found the $ bill. After reading your Forum, went back in...had to find all the items again... most all different, finally found the $ bill !!!! HOWEVER can't find the fork !!!!!!!!!!!!! still no help. I have 5 minutes left so will try it again. Nancy

nancymc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nancymc on Apr 28, 10 4:41 AM
Kimba---on the picture bit...hold down the left and flip the right on your mouse

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on Apr 28, 10 4:52 AM
shocking game.
blerk

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Apr 28, 10 5:35 AM
Just not for me...to easy and frankly a little boring...oh well...will look for a more challenging game...BFG can find one...just know it!

KaroTP27
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by KaroTP27 on Apr 28, 10 5:37 AM
I was really excited when I saw they were using graphics from RC's Freedom of the Seas and places I visited during my cruise. The graphics are beautiful. Unfortunately, the hint compass is very annoying and some of the items are hard to find. If it were a Daily Deal I would definately purchase it.

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on Apr 28, 10 5:40 AM
Didnt find this one too bad, must admit, I generally dont bother with the music - it all drives me mad, so turn the volume down - that way I dont hear it!!
The hidden objects were fairly easy to find, the puzzles were good, the explanation of what needed to be done was fairly straightforward.
Will probably use a game credit for this one.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 28, 10 6:20 AM
Pros: Very beautiful graphic, items are all clear to see (and I have glasses!), storyline is okay, straightforward-hog-lovers will love it
Contras: No instructions for minigames, no skipbutton, music is annoying (but you can play without music of course), blinking clues could annoying some fishies

I will use a credit for it, because I play always without music (I hear radio while playing) and I love "normally" hogs. Well done

Edited on 04/28/2010 at 6:21:23 AM PST

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 28, 10 6:22 AM
I just finished the trial hour and was in the atrium finding items. The length would probably be a few hours for me. The graphics were clear, the items were somewhat difficult and I did use the hint to help. Parts of the game are interactive with an item. It isn't very sophisticated about it but adds to the fun! The mini games so far are like other games I've played. I played with the sound off. It is a HOG game and it is difficult at times to find an object. Pretty scenery so far and pleasant to play. I would say a 3 out of 5 for me.
Nana

[Post New]by AndieLynn on Apr 28, 10 6:38 AM
"Allusive adventure"?! Seriously? It's not a game that is based on metaphors. The word you're looking for "elusive" - cleverly or skillfully evasive.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Apr 28, 10 6:42 AM
There is nothing "clever" about this game, it is just plain boring. I played the hour demo and that's more than enough for me. Not worth a credit.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 28, 10 7:11 AM
I found this to be just an ok game. Wish the flickering lights would stop after you found all objects in that scene. Some objects very small to see putting a strain on my eyes. I spent most of the time looking for the "glass cutter" to get the tiarra and king of diamonds but could not find it. Hint button kept coming back to the King of Diamonds but could not get it without the glass cutter. Can anybody tell me where the heck is the glass cutter...please....thanks

Helentn
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Helentn on Apr 28, 10 7:23 AM
Cruise Clues is a pretty good HOG game. However, I had trouble getting my mouse to flip the puzzle pieces...finally got it---and on finding picture differences I couldn't find the last 3 and there is no skip.
The really great BFGs have either hints or a skip for the puzzles.
Some of them I love and some I hate.

[Post New]by Valentinos_Mom on Apr 28, 10 7:38 AM
Hated the music...had to mute the sound completely. When it said look for a tom tom, I was looking for a GPS! LOL This game is way too easy. I agree that hidden objects look like they were simply thrown on. I won't even finish the demo, let alone buy it.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 28, 10 8:06 AM
I like this game so far. I've played 45 minutes of the demo and am just in the dining room. I thought some of the items were very difficult to find while others were easier. It is interactive in places, and it doesn't always tell you exactly what you need at first which I like. It does have inventory puzzles, and for some of these you have to find things that aren't on the list which I really liked. The only mini-game I've gotten to so far is a jigsaw which I liked. It FINALLY gave you enough room to have the pieces at the side of the puzzle rather than on top of where you're trying to place them! And, it even left a little room to spread them out a bit. For those having problems getting the jigsaw pieces to "flip", you need to read the instructions on this one because it works differently from most I've played in that you have to hold down the left mouse button WHILE clicking the right mouse button to turn the pieces. When I did this, things worked perfectly. I have also been on an RC cruise, though not on this particular ship, but the scenes were very familiar to me even down to the colors used, etc., which I found VERY cool! And, as others have said, all graphics are very crisp and clear. I also had no problem identifying items either because of not enough detail or fuzziness. Some items are hidden slightly behind others, but so far, there has always been enough of the item showing to identify it. This is going on my definite buy list even though I may not purchase immediately. I have way too many games pending at the moment!

Go to: