Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,779 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 10, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/10/2017 at 9:13:13 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Aug 10, 17 4:03 AM
no problems with downloading but after about 10 min of play when i fill the pot with water from the barrel the game freezes. I cant get out using ctrl alt del didnt work. screen went black so i had to use the off button. I am using windows 10

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Aug 10, 17 4:30 AM
i deleted the game and dl it again now i could get passed the pot and barrel. I played the whole trial version. At the end game froze again and same thing happend i couldnt exit tha game normally used ctrlk alt dl and nothing so i had to use the stop buttton again. I love to buy the game but not whit those issues
windows 10

[Post New]by AuntReen6 on Aug 10, 17 7:22 AM
Game keeps crashing within the first few minutes of playing. Starts at the beginning when I restart every time - have deleted and reloaded but same issue. OS10.12.6

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Aug 10, 17 7:52 AM
I'm running Windows 10 Pro and can't even open the demo. And don't tell me to run this game in Admin mode. That's ridiculous to have games that can only be run that way. I love the Dark Tales games but if I can't even open the thing, I'm uninstalling it and forgetting about this line.

bfgIlinalta
2,938 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 10, 17 9:12 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the Big Fish Games Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can contact our Support Team with the form on that linked page. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by 41273 on Aug 10, 17 9:16 AM
I'm running Windows 10 and the game takes forever to open and to close. I like this series but I suspect there are more problems with this game and I don't want to take the chance.

bfgBeruna
1,129 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 10, 17 10:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry there have been troubles with your games and am swimming by to offer troubleshooting support.

In case this game needs plenty of the computer's resources to run smoothly, let's focus on providing it with that capital. Checking that the computer's video card drivers are up to date can be really helpful; this driver controls a computer's graphics, and installing a newer version (if it's available) can ensure that the current configuration is compatible with the game. Below is a help page with further instructions.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Running a game in administrator mode also gives it the necessary permissions to access whatever resources it needs. I'd recommend following the instructions in the help page below to do that.

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Aug 10, 17 11:12 AM
I cannot download this game after I have already paid for it. I run PC Windows 10 and have not had a problem with the hundreds of games I have already played with BF. My system is up to date and should not have this problem. I have tried closing down completely but that did not resolve the problem. My WI-FI is working and don't see any reason this should not download.

bfgBeruna
1,129 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 10, 17 11:47 AM
Hello angelfishsb,

I'm sorry to hear this game isn't downloading properly. Let's see what we can do to fix this.

If the game wouldn't download from the Big Fish Games website, I'd recommend downloading it right from the Big Fish Games app. To do this, please follow the instructions below.

1. Open the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager).
2. Check to ensure the correct email address appears in the top-right corner. (If no email address is listed, please click Sign In and enter your account information.)
3. Click Purchase History in the left-hand column.
4. On the Purchase History page, please click Download next to your game.

I'd also recommend trying to download the game in Alternate Mode. This involves adjusting the network's settings through the Big Fish Games app, and I've included those instructions below, too.

1.Open the Big Fish Game app (Game Manager).
2. In the upper right corner of the app, click Options.
3. Select the Advanced tab at the top of the Options screen.
4. Confirm that the Default (recommended) option is selected.
5. Try downloading the game. For purchased games, you may try the Purchase History online, within the Big Fish Games app, or both.
6. If the download is not successful, repeat steps 1-3 above, select the Alternate Method, and then try downloading again.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

The help page above contains these instructions and other troubleshooting possibilities. Should the game still not download, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll have the resources to provide a solution.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

kimek
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kimek on Aug 10, 17 2:56 PM
I have downloaded the game, then took a while to open. Then as I am playing, every time I click on an object, the game goes off and back to my home screen.
I click on the game and comes back for maybe a minute, and kicks off back to my home screen. I love the Dark Tales series, but can't play like that. I have uninstalled, and followed all of the tech help ideas, and keeps doing the same thing.

bfgBeruna
1,129 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 10, 17 3:46 PM
Hello kimek,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like the troubleshooting steps have been followed, and I'm sorry they weren't more helpful. Please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to continue handling this matter.

As always, we appreciate your patience. Any member of the Moderation Team can be reached via PM, and we welcome all inquiries. Best of luck.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by purplescapolite on Aug 10, 17 3:49 PM
Here is the message I receive when I try to play the game:

Error: Access violation at 0x77cd213B (tried to write to 0x000A0FFC), program terminated.

I have no idea what this means. Can anyone help?
Thanks!!

bfgBeruna
1,129 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 10, 17 5:38 PM
Hello purplescapolite,

I'm glad to swim by and provide some more information.

An access violation is a general error that might occur within a game. In a lot of cases, updating the computer's video card driver can fix the issues causing the glitch. I've included a help page with that and other helpful troubleshooting instructions below.

Access Violation

Should the access violation continue after trying those recommendations, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're helpful and will definitely provide some more assistance.

As always, please PM me or another active Moderator if further questions arise. We're glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by jcsmith6347 on Aug 11, 17 5:23 AM
I had to uninstall the game because Norton found risk issues

bfgBeruna
1,129 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 11, 17 11:51 AM
Hello jcsmith6347,

It sounds like Norton found risks when the game was downloaded, so I completely understand uninstalling it. Please allow me to explain a bit more about the virus warning.

Our games are rigorously and extensively tested before we release them to the public. The safety of our customers' computers is something to which we're all dedicated. I want to assure you this game hasn't caused a virus.

On occasion anti-virus programs can get a little too excited and mistakenly decide that a game contains a virus. The help page below offers a more extensive explanation.

Virus Messages

Please contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to explain more and help you resolve this matter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators. We'll be happy to listen.

bfgBeruna

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

Re Cannot continue game

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 11, 17 4:52 PM
game won't let me get back to the desk with the blue letters to do the mini game, I've got the code. I cannot do anything else. There are also 4 other people under the comments with same problem.

Edited on 08/11/2017 at 4:55:50 PM PST

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Windows Code

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on Aug 11, 17 5:26 PM
I know what to do, but it won't let me get to the desk to get the buttons.

hidnseekr
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Aug 11, 17 7:30 PM
Not sure if this is a tech issue as it has happened before but today is Aug 11th and there is a promo using coupon code "tales". I keep getting a message that this cannot be done, try again later. I would really like to get the game on this sale. This has happened before and never did change so I just didn't buy the game. Can anyone help with this? The code stops at midnight and its 8:30 pm here and I am not staying up till midnight anyway.

[Post New]by westielover on Aug 12, 17 1:02 AM
I too cant get back to the desk to enter the code. Seems to be an issue with quite a few people as there are different posts about this problem. Frustrating when you ant continue with a game you have purchased

Go to: