cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

nothing to do with Poe

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 10, 17 12:59 AM
So now ERS (or AMAX or whatever name they happen to be using this time) is turning to any character from any poem or story by Poe that pleases them so as to associate their game to the greatness of Edgar A. Poe.
There is a poem called "Lenore", and the character Lenore is key to the classic "The Raven", but make no mistake ---- this game has nothing to do with anything Mr. Poe ever wrote or imagined. ERS has just borrowed a name, and is trying to claim that their game is based on Poe's works.
It is not, and doing this just says that their little game could not stand on its own merit but claim association with Poe.
I'll bet Mr. Poe would love that.

Pitiful, IMO.

Edited on 08/10/2017 at 1:16:14 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:nothing to do with Poe

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 10, 17 8:48 AM
Thanks for the hint, cbtx!

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Aug 10, 17 8:54 AM
I like the game, though it indeed has nothing to do with Poe's elegy.
But most games do not really follow a literary template.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 10, 17 12:04 PM
rainworm wrote:I like the game, though it indeed has nothing to do with Poe's elegy.
But most games do not really follow a literary template.

Granted, they do not ---- but this one makes a clear implication that it IS following such ---- misleading, at best.

[Post New]by fleurdemuse on Aug 11, 17 1:18 AM
Hello CBTX, long time no see! I totally agree with you. I'm so tired of this kind of thing, that ERS does. I played the demo just to see if this trend had continued - and it had! Surely following the original story, at least to some degree, would yield a more meaningful game.Because of this, it will not be a buy for me. Your comment of the game being unable to stand on it's own merits, without the name of Poe associated with it, spoke volumes. Thanks for your input

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Aug 23, 17 11:30 AM
I agree. As a big fan of Poe I am very sad that they continue to ignore Poe's actual work just to get the games out. Having Lenore in both The Raven and now this game is also very confusing to those who may have never read and actual Poe tale.

CelicCoco

Go to: