Storage upgrade

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,176 Posts

Storage upgrade

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 12, 17 4:01 AM
Hello
I have a question that I don't exactly know how to formulate in English. Most likely my answer is already here and I haven't seen yet.

When you are upgrading your storage, you need X items . For the next update, you will need X plus Y items. Can anyone say what number is Y?

Thank you for your patience used for reading

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Storage upgrade

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Aug 12, 17 4:16 AM
from 900 to 1000, y = 1.
Dont remember if before 900, y = 2 or not

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,176 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 12, 17 4:17 AM
Thank you

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Aug 12, 17 4:31 AM
you're welcome

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,173 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 12, 17 5:05 PM
As far as I remember, it was always 1 item more than the previous upgrade.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,176 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 13, 17 2:05 AM
Thank you, Rosie.
You're probably right (and I really hope you are) because I remember starting from 5 and now I am at 22.

Magic_Frog
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Magic_Frog on Aug 13, 17 2:17 AM
I think it all started with 5 of each storage item up until 100 and then it was only plus 1 for a 20 storage upgrade. Anyone who remembers if that is correct?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,305 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 13, 17 2:37 AM
I have the full 1000 storage now, thank goodness. I don't remember the amount needed for the lower levels, but in the last ones I needed 44 and then 45 each for the next upgrade.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,176 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 13, 17 2:51 AM
45 ?
Maybe I shouldn't have asked.
Well ... I should be nicer with those villagers

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,305 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 13, 17 3:18 AM
LOL Yes, it takes that many. The problem I found with that is that they take up so much space in the inventory. I am just glad I don't have to collect any of those anymore, because it frees up the space for other, more important, things.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,176 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 13, 17 3:22 AM
Those items are taking away about 10 % of your storage. That's a problem

Congratulations on your 1000!

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,157 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Aug 13, 17 5:37 AM
You start with 100 storage. Each increase of 20 storage slots requires one more rope, tool, and plan than the previous increase. 120 slots requires 1 of each, 320 storage requires 11 of each and 1000 requires 45 of each.

Although not currently available, the storage icon starts to ripple gold again when you have 46 of each in storage which started with the March update. Will there be an increase to 1020 slots in storage requiring 46 of each? Only the developers know.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,779 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 13, 17 5:49 AM
The thing is, for those of us who have deliberately not kept any storage items, having to lose 138 slots in order to gain 20 doesn't necessarily seem an altogether logical decision.
I had about 200 bricks sitting in there, so it probably wouldn't cause me any problems, but I know I'd be wondering why I was bothering.

Edited on 08/13/2017 at 5:49:31 AM PST

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,157 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Aug 13, 17 6:09 AM
TMGamer99 wrote:The thing is, for those of us who have deliberately not kept any storage items, having to lose 138 slots in order to gain 20 doesn't necessarily seem an altogether logical decision.
I had about 200 bricks sitting in there, so it probably wouldn't cause me any problems, but I know I'd be wondering why I was bothering.

We all know you'd rather store more rare plant.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,176 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 13, 17 6:34 AM
If you want to look at things in a logical way instead of playing...

A storage of 500 is enough especially now, when there's no weekend event. So people shouldn't keep those upgrading items that are occupying our space

Upgrading the fountains means waiting more in order to collect energy. Maybe it isn't a good idea

Villagers are always asking for the items that you need for balloons or the order board. That board is giving coins and balloons are giving stones

At a lower level you need stones, coins and to wait less for energy. Ignoring villagers can make playing easier

Low level players, like me shouldn't upgrade but are we playing or thinking ?

I can't say I need more space (I don't have time to produce that much) but I still want to increase my inventory
Why? Because it ain't easy

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,779 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 13, 17 6:54 AM
mdpetdoc wrote:We all know you'd rather store more rare plant.

'Tis true, that.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,173 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 13, 17 9:54 AM
Alex, you've got an excellent point about thinking vs playing, otherwise we wouldn't accept salad made in an oven

As far as the fountains are concerned, yes, you trade off being able to collect more often against being able to collect more each time. If you aren't in the game to collect the magic from them anyway, having quick collection times doesn't help. For example, my flower fountains were ready every 5 minutes, but I only got 14 magic from them even if it was 2 hours later. When I upgrade, I get more magic out of the same 2 hours. It just depends on how much you play as to which works best for you.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
763 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Aug 13, 17 10:10 AM
Thinking while playing is a good plan also

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,176 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 13, 17 10:46 AM
Salad in the oven isn't worse then milk coming from trees or producing cheese and glue on the same machine

And it's easy to say you don't need to update fountains when your game is open for at least 2 hours every day and you're collecting energy and reading. And besides I still have a castle to build, I am not concerned about energy . X levels from now, when my castle will be done , I will need to "rethink" my strategy

Edited on 08/13/2017 at 10:52:02 AM PST

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,779 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 13, 17 11:00 AM
The main reason I decided to upgrade my fountains was the achievement. And to give me a goal to work towards. Luckily some friends helped me out with a lot of elements, or I'd still be working on it.

No, with the current set-up, there's no reason to upgrade most of your fountains.

Go to: