gink99
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Help, just starting game & I can't figure it out.

[Post New]by gink99 on Apr 28, 10 7:32 AM
I must have missed something in the instructions but I can't figure out what to do. I am just starting and want to know how to collect the pollen, move the ants to a path and fight the bugs that keep attacking and take my pollen.

Thanks.

bryb2001
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Help, just starting game & I can't figure it out.

[Post New]by bryb2001 on Apr 28, 10 7:48 AM
Look on the left side of your screen. There will be circles with ants in them. Click one of the circles and then arrows will appear on the game board on the left side of the screen. Click one of the arrows and your ant will come onto the screen. They will go out and collect pollen(little yellow balls). After you make an ant a timer will start to count down in the circles on the right side of the screen. You can not make another ant until the timer gets to zero. Later in the game the circles will have a number in them and it requires you to collect pollen to make those bugs and they will not highlight until you have enough pollen to create those bugs. I hope this helps it is a fun game and can get frustrating at times.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on May 5, 10 9:38 PM
Gink, I didn't get it at first either. Wait a few minutes for it to go through the story. Then as bryb said wait for the circles on the left of the screen to appear. I kept trying to move the ants wi th the mouse at first

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on May 10, 10 5:20 PM
I still don't get it. Do the ants gather the pollen automatically or do you have to click the pollen? How do I defend the hive? Where is the enemy hive I'm supposed to attack? How do I do that?

Questions questions. Total bewilderment.

Caselli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Caselli on May 11, 10 6:33 AM
All insects are doing everything automatically. You're only task is to create the units, by choosing a bug type then choosing a starting point for it.

You don't have to click on pollens or bugs.

Your hive is on the left side (the caves where your bugs are coming out). The enemy hive is on the right side. The enemies are starting there. You have to reach one of the entrances to damage the enemy hive.

The enemy hive's condition is shown in the bottom right corner. Your hive's energy is
on the bottom left.

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on May 11, 10 12:01 PM
Is it purely a game of chance? There doesn't seem to be much control of the ants - just choose an arrow to click?

Caselli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Caselli on May 11, 10 12:55 PM
cnmoore wrote:Is it purely a game of chance? There doesn't seem to be much control of the ants - just choose an arrow to click?

Absolutely not. Each bug has its own abilities and behavior and they always behave the same way.
Ok if two little beetles are fighting there's 50-50% chance for winning, but the winner will have just a few remaining health, so even an ant can defeat it.
Two little beetles will always defeat one. A little beetle with a stink bug behind it will always defeat at least two little beetles and so on...

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on May 11, 10 7:13 PM
I'm really getting into it. Great game!

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Oct 10, 10 6:02 PM
Ditto here, great game!

adelia6
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by adelia6 on Apr 5, 11 1:14 AM
Click 'help' at the bottom of the screen. If you still can not figure it out click the ant icon at the top left, then you will see arrows on the paths click on it and an ant will come out. You can do this to any bug.

Go to: