Game closed while playing, now won't re-open

[Post New]by vmi81wife on Aug 13, 17 5:42 PM
I had been playing this game for about an hour when it suddenly shut down. I tried re-opening it, it wouldn't re-open, then I went online for other reasons. I just tried again to continue playing the game, and it still won't re-open. It keeps giving me an error message. Is anyone else having this problem? Other Big Fish games run fine on my computer, so I think it's something to do with this game.

Re:Game closed while playing, now won't re-open

[Post New]by boromawe on Aug 15, 17 6:37 PM
yes im still having problems even after i opened options COG. it shows 3 updates to install but when i select install updates it says plays games now it wont open please fix or refund credits.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Game closed while playing, now won't re-open

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 16, 17 3:55 PM
Hello vmi81wife and boromawe,

Thanks so much for reaching out. I want to ensure you receive help, so I'm swimming over to provide that.

vmi81wife: The help pages below contain instructions for troubleshooting steps that have fixed crashing games before.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date and running the game with administrator permissions can sometimes address the issues causing a game to crash. I'd recommend trying both processes and contacting our Technical Support Team if the game continues not to work.

boromawe: Yesterday I made a mistake and posted about an update for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition when the update was actually for a different game. I sincerely apologize for my error and any confusion caused by it. Happily, the update for this game was published today -- more information about what it contains and how to download it can be found in the corrected announcement below.

UPDATE! New version available for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore CE (PC) -- August 16, 2017

Should any troubles occur after installing the update, please also contact our Technical Support Team.

Going forward, the Moderation Team also asks that all technical inquiries be posted to the thread below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Lenore Collector's Edition here.

This ensures we see help requests as quickly as possible and also assists in keeping the forum organized. I've gone ahead and locked this thread so further questions can be posted to the one above.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: