jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

From JeffSteer & Jelleyanddogs

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Aug 14, 17 3:07 PM
We are so sorry to all our wonderful neighbours & friends! Our hard drive was fried a few months ago but for some unknown reason both new laptops will not load the game without showing a big brown border around the whole screen. Shelley can't even get into her game. It has been most frustrating for both of us & sadly we see a few of our neighbours have left. I just got on recently but only to view this side but now can finally post you to explain the situation. Please don't think we have ditched you. We have tried computer professionals but yet don't know why it won't load properly plus it is costing us a bit with replacing hardware etc. Hopefully you can be more patient than we are. We miss you all a lot so don't give up on us yet. To just name a few XOXOX to GLCA, Migutman, Cookiewitch, Marliza, Clicky, Evalm, Swainger, sorry but running out of room for names LOL! You all are very much missed. The days seem so long without you all. XOXO.

lorakeet
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:From JeffSteer & Jelleyanddogs

[Post New]by lorakeet on Aug 14, 17 3:20 PM
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you'll be playing again soon!

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Aug 14, 17 4:31 PM
Well, a curse on computers!! Wait - never mind....

Never fear, I've been pulling your weeds and feeding the cats. Lights on until you two get back.

glca
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by glca on Aug 14, 17 6:10 PM
And John's been mowing the lawn & I've been watering the plants. We miss you, too!

Have fun unpacking your gift boxes when you get back LOL!!

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Aug 15, 17 2:42 AM
Did you install latest Flashplayer?

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Aug 15, 17 5:00 AM
So THAT's where you've been! I've been so worried about you guys!!! Dang, I've missed you!!! Hurry back to us as soon as you can - and in the meantime - I'll try to do some little odds and ends that your other neighbors haven't gotten to yet - like maybe ....... feed the dogs and empty the trash ... and trim the bushes .... and ....

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Aug 15, 17 9:36 AM
My dear friends,
I have exactly the same problem " game showing a big brown border " which makes playing a lot more difficult!
Dont know what to do about it. I wrote to Dr. Felix and got nothing useful from them!

Miss you and hope you find a solution soon!
xoxo

Cyberfox277
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberfox277 on Aug 15, 17 2:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble loading the game, I was wondering what happened to you two, but I thought you were on holiday or something.

Yes, it's really frustrating not being able to play I also had some trouble some time ago, but now it's working fine, go figure.

And no problem, I'm not deleting you, bad time to delete nbrs anyway with so many people on holiday. I hope to see you in the game soon

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Aug 22, 17 11:53 AM
You guys are sleeping again. Dang. More problems?? Oh NO!! - Missing You!
oxoxoxoxo

cyndi322
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cyndi322 on Aug 25, 17 9:37 PM
Thank you for letting us know. You were one of the first to invite me to your neighborhood when I first started playing. I couldn't find the heart to take you out of the neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing you awake once more! (BIG HUG)

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Aug 29, 17 10:18 PM
Hi everyone! Still trying to get game properly loaded & if i wasn't bald i'd be pulling my hair out One great neighbour has sent an idea to fix the brown border so hope to hear back from them as still not corrected. If it works we will let you know Amina what we did. Thanks so much for so many sweet replies & in-game messages! So miss you all!! No, Sir Vival haven't fixed flash player ... we sound like a bunch of computer morons! Plus Shelley still unable to get into her side... is ready to throw computer! Again, MISS YA! XOXOX

rheach
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by rheach on Aug 30, 17 9:19 AM
Hi Jeff, Yes just go to your control panels and click on the display icon there you can choose different sizes for your display, I tried them all until I found one that fit my screen the best and it cut down the border size. It sounds like Jelly is having a flash player issue or she may have to reload the game? Good luck to you both and hope to see you soon

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Aug 30, 17 12:18 PM
Just saw that my neighbour Jelleyanddogs is active again. Welcome back!!

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Aug 30, 17 1:52 PM
Well, that did nor produce anything!

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Aug 31, 17 8:45 AM
Hi it's Shelley! Yep! It is so frustrating Amina! I think the only way to get rid of the brown border is to have flash player loaded & it looks like it won't let me load it unless i have Windows 10. I tried everything with Windows XP but no luck, so back to the drawing board LOL. Frustrating also as can download any game & no border, the only one that is a problem is ROM (did find that if i minimize the main screen & right click on border that it brings up something about the "frame source" though i don't know where to go from that point). I myself finally got on to JeffSteer but same problem with brown border so i will continue to communicate through Jelley&dogs. Thanks for hanging in there my friends! You guys have truly been missed. Didn't know how much until this happened. My fellow Canuck, Energyworker! Have totally missed you too as has been nice to have a friend & neighbour who we share a small world with & would love to chat further about it sometime. In the mean time we will plug away & hopefully will be battling (& losing ) with you in the comps soon. Now in hindsight with all the cost & frustration maybe we should have gotten a new computer vs. used! Feel free to PM either of us through Jelley&dogs or go to forum. Miss you & love you all a lot!! xoxo

lorakeet
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by lorakeet on Aug 31, 17 3:06 PM
Miss you guys too!

Cyberfox277
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberfox277 on Sep 1, 17 12:47 AM
I'm sorry you're still having trouble

Have you tried to change the display settings? It's been a while since I've used XP, I was using Windows 7 before I updated to 10, but I remember there was something that would make the things in the screen bigger and cut the margins, like 800x600? I remember I used it for something anyway, no idea what right now, like I've said it's been a while You can always change it back once you're stopped playing and want a normal view, just an idea, no idea if it helps, I hope it does

Edited to add, I just remembered, it was to play Burger Shop, I used to play that back then Right click on the mouse and take a look at the monitor settings, you don't have anything to lose by trying it, right?

Edited on 09/01/2017 at 1:03:29 AM PST

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Sep 11, 17 6:01 PM
Just to let you all know that we still here... more frustrated as just will not load without the brown border! You may see we sent to Technical Support a post regarding this matter. Hope they will get back to us soon!
MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!! xoxo

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Sep 12, 17 4:15 AM
Hello JeffSteer & Jelleyanddogs,

please see my latest post in 'Technical Support'.
Maybe it may solve your Problem. - but you may wait for answer of 'Technical Support', to be on the safe side.

Hope to see you back soon
Sir Vival

robhello
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by robhello on Sep 17, 17 2:42 PM
Hello neighbours. Missing you so much but thought I would let you know I am now having trouble. Four days ago I opened ROM to get a grey screen with white bubbles circling in the middle which always means update my Adobe Flash Player. I updated it and no change so went on to Bushwhacker and low and behold a brown border that you described you're getting. BUT a message did come up in the middle saying "This site uses a plugin that may slow Firefox. Activate Adobe Flash Player" and a screen comes up which says "Allow Now" and as soon as I click on it Bushwhacker started working so I went back to ROM and it was working. Thought all was fixed but every time I log in to the game I have to go to Bushwhacker and go through the whole process. At least I can get into the game but something is seriously wrong. I do know what your brown border is now though. I do hope the tech team gets this sorted out cause we don't want to lose you both. I just wonder if the game is launching Adobe Flash Player correctly and that is the problem. So frustrating for both of you. Hope to see you back soon. Rob xo

Go to: