gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Midnight Castle--- puzzles

[Post New]by gameslvr on Aug 14, 17 7:19 PM
Can anyone tell me what the puzzles are for and what do you do once a puzzle is completed? Should you disenchant the duplicate puzzle pieces into sparkles? Then what do you do with the sparkles?????

If there is a tutorial on the puzzles I would appreciate someone pointing me to it. Thanks.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Midnight Castle--- puzzles

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 14, 17 7:26 PM
You can find information in the New Strategy Guide. Puzzles are on page 2 near the bottom of the page.

Here's the URL address you can copy and paste into your URL bar:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/891090.page

There are lots of other great information if you click on the Helpful Links for Sunken Secrets thread (found with a locked in front of it on the front page of this forum about half way down)

There you will also find the link to the New Strategy Guide as well as other great lists and other information.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Aug 14, 17 7:30 PM
I'll do my best, but I'm sure there is a tutorial somewhere.. and someone else can explain it better!
There are 10 puzzles so far. Complete a puzzle and then unlock the next one.
Disenchant for sparkles and extra pieces before you move on to the next one.
Sparkles can be used to 'buy' random pieces for the next puzzle.

At the end of completing a puzzle you can play a 'which hand' game with the child. You pick 3 items you want to try to win. You get 50 coins for playing, plus anything else you are lucky enough to win. There are also gems in there, depending on the value of what YOU add, it determines the order in which they are placed.

I hope that helped

and while I was typing.. someone came to the rescue!!

Edited on 08/14/2017 at 7:31:21 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 14, 17 9:05 PM
One little hint...when you have all the pieces for one puzzle, you have to click on the next one to unlock it. It doesn't automatically unlock and you could be playing and playing and wondering why no puzzle pieces are dropping.

ETA: Puzzles are great for getting items for zoom zones or crafting...and, of course, diamonds.

Edited on 08/14/2017 at 9:06:51 PM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Aug 14, 17 10:29 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:One little hint...when you have all the pieces for one puzzle, you have to click on the next one to unlock it. It doesn't automatically unlock and you could be playing and playing and wondering why no puzzle pieces are dropping.

ETA: Puzzles are great for getting items for zoom zones or crafting...and, of course, diamonds.

"Diamonds are forever!"
Thank you, thank you Developers for creating such a method for getting these little gems.
They are Sooooo useful!

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Aug 15, 17 6:41 AM
Another tip: If a puzzle finally has all it's pieces but also has duplicates, turn the duplicates into sparkles before playing the puzzle or else you'll lose them. Even if it's the last puzzle. You never know when they will add more. We had 8 then they added 2 during the SE.

Maybe they'll add a couple during the fall. I hope. I hope. I hope. I want at least a couple of nice Halloween scenes. Think four would be nice. Two Halloween scenes, one Thanksgiving and one pretty castle in the fall scene.

But I digress. I apologize. One can dream/hope.

D-NY

Edited on 08/15/2017 at 6:44:18 AM PST

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Aug 15, 17 6:46 AM
playingthegame wrote:
whitebutterfly54 wrote:One little hint...when you have all the pieces for one puzzle, you have to click on the next one to unlock it. It doesn't automatically unlock and you could be playing and playing and wondering why no puzzle pieces are dropping.

"Diamonds are forever!"
Thank you, thank you Developers for creating such a method for getting these little gems.
They are Sooooo useful!

Word! So loving this! I'm over 5,000 diamonds in my main game and over 400 on my new game. They come in most handy for CC's and 10-part DQ's. I don't think I could finish a 10 parter without diamonds. Also, it's nice to have such a surplus that I can casually buy a gift for a friend that's diamonds only.

D-NY

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 15, 17 7:38 AM
Specifically.....here is the info about the Puzzles from the NEW Strategy Guide:

Puzzles -- The Puzzle feature was introduced to players mid-February of 2017. There are 10 different puzzles for which you need to find the pieces. Each puzzle is made up of 30 pieces. By default, the first puzzle to unlock is one of Anabel and the Iron Knight. When you have all the pieces for that puzzle, you may choose which of the remaining puzzles you want to unlock and work on next. When you make your choice, the unsolved puzzles are then locked until you complete the one you selected.

You receive a generic looking yellow puzzle piece randomly when completing an HOS. Once you have all 30 puzzle pieces for each of the 6 puzzles, you will no longer receive puzzle pieces. As you collect the pieces, they display in their appropriate portion of the puzzle. When all 30 pieces are collected, the "Collect Pieces!" button changes to "Play." If you click on play, the pieces become jumbled and you must put the puzzle back together. You can then play with the child/sprite for prizes.

Some general info about the puzzles:
1. There is no pop-up to alert you that you have collected that last piece; you just no longer receive additional puzzle pieces.When you unlock the next puzzle, the pieces again fall at HOS completion.

2. You can disenchant duplicate puzzle pieces by clicking on the individual puzzle piece -- or you can click on the "Disenchant All" button to convert all duplicate pieces to Sparkles. ...... You can then click on the icon above the Collect Pieces/Play button to convert the sparkles into puzzle pieces. (You can also use diamonds to purchase the puzzle pieces):

...3 diamonds or 9 sparkles to purchase 3 puzzle pieces
...4 diamonds or 12 sparkles to purchase 5 puzzle pieces
...8 diamonds or 24 sparkles to purchase 10 puzzle pieces

3. When you complete a puzzle and unlock the next puzzle, all duplicate pieces are automatically converted to Sparkles. (Except when you finish the last one. If you do not "disenchant all" BEFORE you play the puzzle, those extra puzzle pieces are just "lost in space.")

(Puzzles continued next post)

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 15, 17 7:39 AM
4. When you choose items for which to play, they will be arranged in their value order.

5. Crafted items and seasonal items cannot be selected as items for which to play.

6. After you play with the child/sprite for prizes, the puzzle will go into a 5-hour cooldown period. You have the option to spend 40 diamonds to play the puzzle again. (Edited note: The cooldown time and instant recharge cost has been altered to reflect changes resultant from the March 13, 2017 update)

7. When playing the guessing game....if you win an item, but then only get coins because you already took your free try and then decided to not pay the diamonds to play again.....the game still considers it an item won. You cannot request that item until the puzzle in which you "won" it has cooled down and is ready to play again.

There were some great threads created by players when the Puzzle feature was introduced:
Puzzles are now Unlocked! http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/894018.page
So after the last puzzle? http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/894616.page
Puzzle Bonus Round http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/894603.page

An edited note: With the March 13, 2017, update, some of the Puzzle features were altered:
1. You can no longer put an egg in each of the remaining slots.
2. You can no longer select duplicates of the same item.
3. An item won, cannot be requested again until the puzzle in which it was won has completed the cooldown time.
4. Cooldown time (originally 3 hours) was changed to 5 hours
5. Cost to reopen the puzzle was changed from 20 diamonds to 40 diamonds.

Go to: