Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 15, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/15/2017 at 9:15:25 AM PST

blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders here.

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Aug 15, 17 4:28 AM
I downloaded the demo of the game and left it to install when i checked the big fish page was grey could not be closed so used task master ,restarted big fish and it said trial was expired.
I have win 10 and never had this occur.

Wolfpupscvc
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfpupscvc on Aug 15, 17 5:27 AM
I downloaded this Trial Version and when I clicked on play the screen was black. I went completely out of it and went back in and it was the same thing again black screen. I am on Window 7 64 bts on my laptop. I am going to uninstall the game then reinstall to see if it does it again.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 15, 17 5:41 AM
@blueteal44

I've had that happen to me too. The only way I have solved the "trial expired" issue is to delete the game, go into recycling bin and delete it from there as well, restart the computer and redownload. For whatever reason, it seems to solve the issue. It's frustrating because you know you've never played the game before!

Charkez64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Charkez64 on Aug 15, 17 8:25 AM
I had no trouble downloading or opening the game. My problem was the cursor was too squirrelly or hard to control. I couldn't find an option to change the cursor so I was unable to navigate well enough to play the demo.

I will say that Agatha Christie is one of my favorite writers and I have other Christie games, but this was not my cup of tea. Certainly not what I expected in a hidden object game. I'm still using Windows 7 and have no trouble with most games, especially when I change to the standard cursor.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Aug 15, 17 8:53 AM
I agree with Charkez64. I lasted 5 min before I had to quit. Re-entered the game and had to replay what I could of the same scene (Insp. Japp) with same herky jerky cursor (Win10 64 bit Creator's Update) accomplishing absolutely nothing. This is not a new game and the gameplay seems even older. Microids, after being taken over by Anuman (aka HdO for those who remember how bad their games were!), has lost quality. Even the esteemed Syberia 1&2 has gotten bad reviews for recently released Syberia 3!

I also like Agatha Christie and this is a no buy for me!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 15, 17 9:15 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Run Game as Administrator

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the Big Fish Games Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can contact our Support Team with the form on that linked page. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

photog62
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re: Slow, jerky cursor

[Post New]by photog62 on Aug 15, 17 10:08 AM
Loved the novel, would really like to play the game, but can't. There's no option to change the cursor, unless you go into Windows, and change the system settings (which I'm loath to do for one game). If the developers would have added a way to "speed up" the cursor, then I would love it, but alas, no deal for me. It just takes much too long to do anything with the super slow cursor.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 15, 17 10:42 AM
Hello photog62,

I'm sorry there's been trouble with the cursor for this game. Since it sounds like there's not an option to turn off the custom cursor, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a solution.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 15, 17 11:02 AM
I read elsewhere online that someone tried changing the video setting in Options from High to Low and that this helped with the mouse problems.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 15, 17 3:00 PM
Hello Howatch,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and provide this helpful information. I'll definitely provide some more information about this workaround, too.

For those of you who are having trouble with the cursor in the game, it sounds like adjusting the video quality of the game has helped others. To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the game.
2. Select a profile.
3. Click on the Options button.
4. Click on the Videos tab.
5. Switch the settings from High to Low.

Should the cursor continue to lag, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Thank you again for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator if further questions arise.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 08/15/2017 at 3:01:07 PM PST

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re: Slow cursor

[Post New]by smck325 on Aug 16, 17 7:29 AM
I had the same problem. I couldn't control the cursor at all and was about to quit the demo. But as Howatch said above, I changed the video setting to Low and it worked! I am on Windows 7 64 bit. Love the game!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Aug 16, 17 8:00 AM
I also had cursor problems, and my computer is Windows 10+, totally up to date on all programs. The cursor problem was primarily when I zoomed in on something and tried to move it, but at one point, when I clicked on on the clue (hint), nothing happened, and I had trouble convincing the game to let me exit. Never had any problems with games since Windows XP, which is several years ago.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Aug 23, 17 10:58 AM
Same problem as others with uncontrollable mouse. I'm using windows 10. I'll try deleting and reinstalling the game.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Aug 23, 17 11:08 AM
mouse is fine now that I made changes in the game.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 24, 17 10:55 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know that changing the in-game options for Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders was able to help players with the issues with the cursor's performance being erratic or slow. It sounds like my colleague, bfgBeruna, has provided a great way to do that above, so if a player is seeing their cursor move strangely or slowly, it may be helpful to turn the graphics settings down.

NancySusan, if those steps bfgBeruna provided don't seem to help, there may be some more steps that can be taken on Windows 10 to help with this. What I recommend is seeing if our article on the operating system itself is able to assist:

Windows 10

For any problems that continue after trying these suggestions, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this was helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Playmaid on Aug 30, 17 8:43 AM
I bought AC ABC murders, but when I start it my mac screen goes black en de ball keeps spinning. I have t restart the comp.

[Post New]by Axlyng on Aug 30, 17 8:28 PM
I had the same problem with the mouse, changed it to low, better. I got all the way to the second murder and it won't let me pick up three clues. So I guess i'm stuck! It won't let me exit the room.

Paminca
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Paminca on Sep 8, 17 3:47 PM
Don't buy this game it's slow , jerky and I found it unplayable. Also got no help fixing it from BG. SOOOO disappointed with Tech help and with them allowing a game so
badly designed on the site. I've bought games here for years and this is the worst. Your warned.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Sep 20, 17 11:58 AM
I'm having similar issues with the cursor (running Windows 7, 64 bit), and the cut scenes are running really jerkily and slowly, and even blacking out periodically. I dropped the video setting to low but it hasn't helped at all. I thought it was because my system is not on Windows 10 but clearly that isn't the issue here. Shame, I love Agatha Christie and this is one of my favourite novels, but this is really unplayable.

Go to: