maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

World Overview Map - New Update

[Post New]by maxbridge on Aug 15, 17 1:20 PM
There was a new summary screen to greet me this morning.. showing all of the worlds including Prehistoric No. 12 on a picturesque map..

It makes me realise I have a long way to go!

I haven't seen anything else other than a drop down list to the right and you can still flick in to another world to pick up things from that menu or the original bottom menu, so this is really just a nice wee extra..

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:World Overview Map - New Update

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 16, 17 9:36 AM
Mmhh... It's cute but being sent to the map every time you want to change world (and then having to confirm that yes that's where you want to go to) is a bit annoying I think ...

Phew I thought the event had disappeared! Then I opened my eyes...!

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on Aug 16, 17 10:41 PM
Hi Theorem - yes you are right - since I wrote the first post I have found that now there is an extra step each time - I thought the Worlds at the bottom were to go directly there, but now it is all via the Map. I agree - would be great without that extra click.. Developers - keep the map, but if you could get rid of the double step that would be great!

[Post New]by LolanfromCanada on Aug 17, 17 10:04 AM
l thought the map was drawn by a child, very disappointed, don't like it at all

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Aug 17, 17 12:22 PM
I always give my on everything, so this is no exception. I thought this latest update was a waste of time. I also thought of a stronger way of stating this, but knew that it would be censored. So.... sorry folks, but the prior version was easier to use. SMaL is a great game, but this latest update didn't help.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 18, 17 2:06 AM
And don't forget to check whether fireflies are ready to be sold as the exclamation mark doesn't appear any longer until the Shop is opened.

P.S. Same goes for sticker packs, you won't know you have some waiting to be opened until you get into the Stickers icon.

Edited on 08/18/2017 at 2:34:05 AM PST

[Post New]by ggma1000 on Aug 18, 17 11:11 AM
I don't like this new update either. I can't tell how many fireflies or coins I now have. It is confusing and no longer fun. Please go back to the old format before this latest update!

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Aug 19, 17 9:39 AM
I love it1! This new map is a new kind of adventure.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 19, 17 2:48 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking time to provide feedback about the recent changes made to the game. We always want to know when we've done well and what could be improved. While the Moderation Team doesn't have input on changes made to the game, we work hard to advocate for our players at every possible turn. I'll pass this feedback along to the appropriate teams for sure.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Aug 20, 17 10:59 AM
I find the new overview map a waste of time and frustrating having to scroll around to find #2 where the gold mine is and then scroll over to go back to the area that I need to be in. I DON'T think this is any kind of "improvement".

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Aug 20, 17 3:20 PM
HorseDancer1, you're right - the new map is a waste of time. However, you don't have to scroll over the map. After opening the new (but NOT improved) map, click on the world icon in the upper, right corner. This opens a list of all the worlds. Just click on the world you want. This should help a little. Good luck.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 22, 17 5:58 AM
The new map has a surprisingly unfinished look and is not up to the game's standards. It is a little more practical than the previous format because, whether you go though the map itself or the dropdown menu, you don't have to scroll any more, which can be a nuisance for Witchville. The slight imrpovement does not seem to justify the change, so it probably means there are several more worlds to come, hence the need for the map. So, it could be a good sign!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 22, 17 6:01 AM
Theorem wrote:And don't forget to check whether fireflies are ready to be sold as the exclamation mark doesn't appear any longer until the Shop is opened.

P.S. Same goes for sticker packs, you won't know you have some waiting to be opened until you get into the Stickers icon.

This is a nuisance, please bring back the !exclamation! mark alerting us to the firefly sale!

Edited on 08/22/2017 at 6:02:15 AM PST

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Aug 22, 17 8:41 AM

I think the map is terrible, a great nuisance, and very badly designed. I cannot imagine anyone is using it to navigate the worlds. At the very least, they should have had the names of the worlds on the map instead of numbers which require entering the top menu to reference. It might not be so bad if the worlds followed a sensible path in sequence, but there seems no logic to it whatsoever – No. 1 is next to No. 3, and No. 2 is next to Nos. 7 and 11. Ridiculous!

More clicks are needed to get anywhere, and in addition to the exclamation marks being hidden, the Events are also hidden once you are in a World - one is in the drop-down menu, and one is out on the map! It was far more straightforward before, with everything in front of you on one page.

Eli – you DO still need to scroll in the drop-down menu, and far more scrolling/dragging is needed to find your way around the map, so I see no improvement or advantage at all.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 22, 17 10:36 AM
Kuddles3 wrote:
Eli – you DO still need to scroll in the drop-down menu, and far more scrolling/dragging is needed to find your way around the map, so I see no improvement or advantage at all.

No, I don't need to scroll any more. I guess it's a matter of platform/screen size and that you are on mobile. I'm on PC. Previously, a small window would open, bringing me to the current world, where I had to scroll up a few times to find Witchville. Now, with the drop down menu, all 12 worlds are visible at once and I just have to click on the one I want to go to. The menu has space for up to 15 worlds, and only after that we will be back to scrolling, but even then, far less than before. The whole issue is not so important anyway, just noting it for the record.

Edited on 08/22/2017 at 10:37:00 AM PST

Kuddles3
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Kuddles3 on Aug 22, 17 4:43 PM

Eli - that is interesting, as I too am on a PC and using a big screen monitor, but my drop-down only goes down to No. 9.

I agree that is not the issue, as I don't mind scrolling and didn't find it a problem before. I just liked having the Worlds available in the bottom menu rather than having to click in and out of the map now for every one.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Aug 23, 17 10:20 AM
Finally got my games back.... Spent time this morning trying to decide if I like the map or not.... I don't find it to be as functional or efficient as the drop down menu.... Thankfully, the devs did include the icon at the top right to give us a more efficient way to go to different islands.... It feels unnecessary to have to go from the tournament to an actual world to change your outfits.... maybe put the hero icon on every page so you can change an outfit without more navigating.... I don't "hate" the changes, but not "in love" with them, either.... more of.. "I'll learn to live with it" attitude....

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Aug 26, 17 6:18 PM
Howdy!

I also see the 9 first ones, but that's because I still haven't completed the pirate quest! I guess that when this is gone, I'll see the 12 worlds!

I am getting used to the map. I now know where the 4 first worlds are (where I have farms) and my current one is very visible. I still think I am wasting too much time jumping from one to the other but then again, I am not doing that often!

I also think having to open a world to change outfits when playing a tournament is a bit annoying, and I wondered where the "new" tournament was until I opened a world.

All in all, I am feeling about that same as gohill!

Welcome back gohill!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 29, 17 2:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation team definitely appreciates players providing their feedback when changes are made within the game. As stated by bfgBeruna, we will continue to pass along this feedback to the appropriate Sir Match-a-Lot teams. To help ensure that the most recent posts are included for them to review, I've brought this thread to their attention once more. If we are aware of any changes, we will absolutely post in the forums.

Thank you everyone for your insight and patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are always happy to help advocate for the players.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: