Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rescue Quest Gold here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 16, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/16/2017 at 8:07:36 AM PST

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rescue Quest Gold here.

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 16, 17 4:48 AM
Wow. Starts ok. Then can't click play or settings. Goes back to the desktop. Luck that the exit button does work.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 16, 17 8:09 AM
Greetings Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Game Compatibility (Computer)

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the Big Fish Games Help pages, please get in touch with our Technical Support Team. You can contact our Support Team with the form on that linked page. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

Edited on 08/16/2017 at 8:09:30 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Aug 16, 17 9:56 AM
The information states that this game is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/etc. but it isn't.

I've just tried to download it THREE TIMES on my Windows XP. It gets all the way to the end, validates, and then I get an error message.

Don't bother telling me to check the help articles or FAQ, or whatever. Just stop advertising games for certain operating systems when they're not compatible with those. Aren't these things tested? Not everyone uses Windows 10.

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by vannojo on Aug 16, 17 11:13 AM
As mentioned by another player, every time I hit "play", the game returns me to the BF startup screen. I am playing on Windows 10.

Edited on 08/16/2017 at 2:53:21 PM PST

bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by bichy on Aug 17, 17 1:00 AM
Game does not acknowledge mouse clicks in lvl 6 there fore cannot play the game. Was fine until this lvl. Playing on WIN10. Would appreciate a refund.

CAVEGRL
Salmon
Salmon
2,741 Posts

[Post New]by CAVEGRL on Aug 17, 17 4:39 AM
Just played to level 6 on the trial and the mouse clicks weren't recognized. Another one bites the dust! Won't be buying!!!

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Aug 17, 17 10:15 AM
When I try to open/play, I can hear music, but my screen is blank-I must CAD to close-This is the 2nd game recently that will download but not open-Frustrating

[Post New]by repldorsey on Aug 18, 17 11:41 AM
I get no Cursor. I am using Windows 10 on E 570 Lenovo

[Post New]by vickster48 on Aug 18, 17 2:00 PM
I cant play a lot of games with windows 10.this is just one more. I cancelled my membership until they fix the problem

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 24, 17 11:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues experienced while playing Rescue Quest Gold. We definitely want players to be able to enjoy their purchased games and since this sounds like players are seeing troubles on Windows 10 as well as other issues. I wanted to suggest some steps to try for players wanting to troubleshoot their game as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be wanted.

For players seeing trouble while playing on Windows 10, there may be some steps that can be taken to resolve some common issues a game may encounter. If you'd like to try those steps, they are on the following page:

Windows 10

If you are not playing on Windows 10, the following page of steps can resolve issues such as a missing cursor or the game crashing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Valkara, I'm sorry to hear you are seeing trouble installing the game and that you are seeing an error message. The game was tested as successfully able to be played on Windows XP computers, so we made sure players knew we confirmed it was compatible with the operating system. I'm sorry that it seems like you're having trouble with the installation, and since I don't know what error message you are seeing I am unable to provide specific assistance regarding it. If you are seeing an error number code, the following article may assist in finding what troubleshooting steps are available for specific errors found in the Big Fish Games app:

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if you'd prefer some additional assistance beyond the forums, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope these suggestions are able to assist. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Patrosebud49 on Aug 25, 17 2:39 PM
I too am stopped at level 6. I've have tried everything but am unable to go any further.
Sadly I have windows 10. Therefore, I would also like a refund of this game

s_jjones
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by s_jjones on Jan 18, 18 5:36 AM
When this game first was released, I didn't give a very good review. Once I learned exactly how to use the power-ups, started loving the game. I play just about every day, have created and deleted many players names. My only problem now is that none of the achievements ever 'stick', meaning somewhere during game play they all disappear and start over again. Not a deal breaker, just an FYI

[Post New]by melshse on Apr 23, 18 5:46 PM

A great game but I cannot get past level 77. Supposed to finish level if one star achieved but cannot kill enough monsters and no extra powers available.
Help please.
Also message doesn't relate - suggests I need a key and isn't so
please help before I junk this game
Mel
Playing version windows 10 on PC

Go to: