Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Rescue Quest Gold here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 16, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/16/2017 at 8:05:40 AM PST

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Rescue Quest Gold here.

[Post New]by moonryu on Aug 16, 17 7:17 AM
Level 207 is not playable. The big stone under the cage prevents completion of the level because no new pieces will drop if that stone is touched. I have tried numerous time various option and none of them work to make a path to the cages.

Game being deleted. A pity it was a good game up until then.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 16, 17 8:05 AM
Greetings Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Rescue Quest Gold here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Rescue Quest Gold.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. In the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

And, finally, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators if there are any further questions. We're all happy to help out and listen as best we can.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 08/16/2017 at 8:13:04 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 16, 17 11:56 AM
I love a good Match 3 game, my favorites are the Cradle of Rome series, Lauraville, and Jewel Match Royale. I also love it when the devs think outside the box to give us new features, some are fantastic features, and others just don't enhance the game, they make it less enjoyable. Rescue Quest Gold has one of those features that are more aggravating than enhancing. You can drag the board around, and zoom in and out, which in itself isn't all that bad, but for whatever reason, the board would zoom in and out all by itself at random times, and I was constantly having to readjust the boards position. Another feature that really annoyed me, was having to hear "move here" every time I wanted my Avatar to move in a different direction.
This is a Swap type Match 3 game, with Limited Moves and Time restrictions. Each level has the same goal, to make matches strategically, so that a path is cleared for the Avatar to reach and release the Spritelings. If the chosen path isn't necessarily the best route, you have to double-click tokens to make the avatar blaze a new path, and as I said, it can get annoying.
Matches of 4 or more tokens will earn you a Slash Token on the board to slash several tokens, matches of 5 or more tokens in an L or T formation will earn a Bomb token, and a match 5 in a row earns a Wild Token that removes several same colored tokens. As you progress you will unlock powerups that can destroy tiles in a column or row. Darker tiles require multiple matches to destroy them.
I'm sure this colorful game will be a hit for many gamers, but for me, it was boring and had too many annoying features that outweighed the entertaining features. I really didn't see a need to pay twice as much money for a Match 3 game in a Collector's Edition just to get 12 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Art pictures, 8 Music Soundtracks, 56 Achievements and 10 Avatar pictures, so if I had to choose one or the other, I suppose this Standard Edition would be the better path to the cage, so to speak!

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Aug 17, 17 4:35 PM
Made it through level 11 before I gave up. I will NOT do a level more than twice (to be honest I really do not want do it more than once).

We earn all of these power-ups but only have control over one of them (pulverizer), the rest are just random when you try to use them and are usually put in a place you do not need them. WTH? They should also provide an unlimited time option.

The zoom in & out was annoying along with having to manually move the game board so you can play/progress.

I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone!

This is the same review I left on the collector's edition, I thought I would give it another go but nothing changed. So I will leave this review here.

meme2222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by meme2222 on Aug 19, 17 10:02 PM
I just love this game. The directions although good are just not detailed otherwise people would complain it is too much reading. Some things you just have to figure out. I did post some of the common things that most people are having difficulty with at the start. It is how to move the avatar. I don't think you have to worry about changing direction so much because it automatically moves onto a cleared path. This avatar is just smart and will not irritate you moving back and forth like in other games when you are clearing a path ex. Lauraville and Floria , the key keeps moving back and forth while you are trying to get it to the lock just because a match may be made behind it. That would drive me crazy if it was my avatar. I love the way this is designed. This avatar is smart. It is just getting to know the mechanics of the move.

I did not have any technical problems other than initially trying to learn the moves when redirecting Zap and Boom. My advice, don't worry about it. Clear the path and they will come. But check out my post and see if it helps.

I think jumping the gun with bad reviews could of been avoided with a little more directions in that area. Everything else is superb. I think graphics are colorful and well done. The avatars are charming and the Spritlings are fun to save. I love mazes and getting them to the cages is the best strategy match 3 I have ever played. It's a good story too. The power-ups are fantastic. I especially like the multicolor that does not need a match to activate. Just swap with any color near it and all the same colors clear the board, and wow just watch all the cascades follow and big matches that become available.

I really don't mind limited moves as long as it gives me enough to finish a level. So far I am having no trouble and I'm no expert. But I am good at strategy. Still, it is not painfully counting every move. You just can't go wild matching all those delicious 5 and 6 token matches like you would like to. You got to remember your quest and to use that hammer. It fills up pretty quickly matching green tokens.

I'm playing with a window's 7 and a mouse with wheel. Everything runs smoothly. Maybe the remastered version fixed some tech issues. I'm having such a good time winning these levels. I haven't needed to use any power-ups in my purse because they generate on board right where I need them.

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 9:43:03 AM PST

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Feb 3, 18 9:36 AM
to get to the cage under the stone you need to create a path under the stone and walk on that. It isn't easy and I had to replay several times before I got it.

Go to: