Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Calling: Wise Dragon Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 17, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/17/2017 at 9:21:42 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Calling: Wise Dragon Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 17 1:39 AM
This game glitched on me.

Had to remove something from Lion's mouth but it took 20 goes. Had to keep coming out of 'box' and going in again. Feel if it's going to be this picky within the trial hour, it's not worth risking a purchase.

I'm using a new MBP macOS Sierra and all up to date.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Calling: Wise Dragon Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Aug 17, 17 4:08 AM
I can not get this game or any game to download. I've tried on 2 different computers. Any suggestions?

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Aug 17, 17 5:22 AM
ghostguide2002 I played trial fine! Purchased game wouldn't start, reloaded it & it work. But who knows it might goof up again! Its a good game but unbelievably short 4 chaps but you move fast through them! Maybe you dodged a bullet. I have a fairly new computer W10

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Aug 17, 17 5:33 AM
nanafraser ... thanks for the heads up ... unfortunately, I bought the game! So I have an email into Big Fish, hopefully they'll be in contact with me in a few days! I can't get any of my games to download, so maybe it isn't "Big Fish" although, none of my computers will down load, tried 3 computers this morning! ???? Windows 10 too!

Thanks

Judy

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 17, 17 9:21 AM
Greetings Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Game Compatibility (Computer)

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the Big Fish Games Help pages, please get in touch with our Technical Support Team. You can contact our Support Team with the form on that linked page. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Aug 17, 17 10:28 AM
I bought the game and it was running smootly, after about 30 min i had to stop playing. I just started again and now the game is freezing and cant get out i have to use alt ctrl del. I use windows 10 with the latest updates. I am getting sick of all the techncal problems. I wish you guys could give us good playing games for the money we pay as a member. Like i said in other games you see more technical problems than revieuws. There should be rinning a bell at BF. This way you will lose members. I am thinking of cancelling my membership and go to a site wre i can play the games without any problems

i deleted the game and downloaded it again and it passed the place were it froze before. So i thought i had ir but NO it froze again on an other part of the game. And i had to use alt ctrl del again to get out. Is this the solution i just have to delete the game and start allover again? and still i am using windows 10. So when are you getting the solution so that i can play a game that i have bought without any glitches.
This isnt my computer but something in the game howlong do i have to wait to get an answer that HELPS??????????????????????

Edited on 08/18/2017 at 9:30:09 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 17, 17 2:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for some help. I'm swimming by to provide troubleshooting advice to you all.

For those whose games aren't downloading, I'd recommend taking a look at the help page below.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Adjusting the network settings and downloading the game using the Alternate Method, as outlined in the aforementioned help page, is a great alternative way to get a game to download. It can also be helpful to download the game via the Purchase History in the Big Fish Games app (formerly called the Game Manager).

If the game has been freezing or isn't responding to commands, I'd recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date and running the game with administrator permissions. Both of those processes ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs to work properly; the help pages below contain further instructions.

Should those steps not work, or if your query hasn't been addressed, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide more assistance.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Aug 17, 17 3:00 PM
ghostguide2002 wrote:nanafraser ... thanks for the heads up ... unfortunately, I bought the game! So I have an email into Big Fish, hopefully they'll be in contact with me in a few days! I can't get any of my games to download, so maybe it isn't "Big Fish" although, none of my computers will down load, tried 3 computers this morning! ???? Windows 10 too!

Thanks

Judy

I suddenly had the same problem a few days ago & I uninstalled, then reinstalled the BF Games App which fixed the issue. Hope this helps.

Kam

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Aug 17, 17 6:52 PM
ghostguide2002 Sorry then you have to wait for a reply from BF & then your told its your computer!

[Post New]by repeted on Aug 20, 17 7:40 AM
This is the second game in a row that I have not been able to run.I have done everything the forum asked me to do. I have uninstalled the game. After I download the game again I went straight to my purchase history and it said it still needs to be downloaded. Whats going on at Big Fish?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 20, 17 12:07 PM
@ repeted
I suggest that you uninstall and delete whatever version of th egame you have on your computer, then reinstall it bu downloading it directly from the purchase history of the game manager.
This often works for games that won't download properly otherwise.

If you are than still having issues playing the game then this is the only other poissible fix I know-
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 12:07:16 PM PST

[Post New]by emkdpk6 on Aug 20, 17 5:30 PM
I have " ctrl, alt, deleted" out of this game too many times now! I am stuck or rather frozen at the vines, where you have to match the bugs! I know its not my laptop because I have never had an issue!! It is getting to be pretty annoying!!! I have also uninstalled the game. Please help!!!!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 22, 17 5:06 PM
Hello Everybody,

I'm so sorry the steps that have been provided haven't resolved the troubles with this game. If checking and updating the computer's video card driver and the other suggestions have been tried, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a solution.

I really appreciate your patience, as does the rest of the Moderation Team. Please don't hesitate to PM one of us if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Aug 23, 17 3:16 PM
I am stuck frozen at the bugs too, have to shut down and retry. Shame I like the game a lot. Retrying didnt help either.

texasannie
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by texasannie on Aug 23, 17 4:47 PM
I have downloaded the update at least 3 times and it's still telling me that I need to download the update. huh?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 29, 17 5:19 PM
Hello MissMoraduke and texasannie,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for some help. I'm swimming over to provide more troubleshooting guidance.

MissMoraduke: The help pages below offer some great solutions for what to do when a game freezes.

The first article guides you through the process of checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date; the second one explains how to run a game as an administrator. Both sets of directions have helped other players whose games have frozen.

texasannie: If there's been trouble downloading the update, please contact our Technical Support Team. (Should the instructions above not help, I'd recommend doing the same, MissMoraduke.) They'll be the best equipped to provide more help.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

JohnTonkin
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Aug 30, 17 3:24 PM
Just bought and downloaded the game today. Was going okay, but froze at black flame crystal use in the hall. Have submitted report to BFG. Why can't they debug these games before they sell them instead of having to go through all the run around and updates. I am running Windows 7 professional on a Dell, so shouldn't be windows 10 related problems. It seems to be standard practice to blame it on the customer until proven otherwise. How about owning the problem?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 31, 17 2:44 PM
Hello JohnTonkin,

Thank you for reporting your experiences with the game here as well as writing in to our Technical Support Team. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch as soon as possible to assist, and in the meantime, I'd like to provide some suggestions that might help.

When a game seems to be freezing, some simple steps may help quickly resolve those issues, or help determine if more assistance would be necessary. The following steps have been able to help players in the past when a game freezes or just displays a black or blank screen:

If those steps don't seem to help, or if our Big Fish Games Help Pages don't seem to discuss the issue at hand, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance with your purchased game. Our Reps will do their best to get back in touch as soon as they can.

Thank you JohnTonkin, and everyone, for your patience. I hope our Reps get back in touch soon to continue assisting with the issue being reported. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Sep 17, 17 9:31 AM
BARELY into the game and it is already going wrong. Picked up the potion by the cobra. When I got the meat pie, it was gone. Went back to the cobra thinking that perhaps I did not really pick it up. Nope, gone.

Go to: