cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

yet another helper

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 17, 17 2:26 AM
Game 4 in the series ---- and I would love to own them all because I am a huge fan of "Midnight Castle", an excellent and wildly popular game.

But I can not and will not open my wallet for a game that features helpers. And they have ruined all 4 with totally frivolous and unnecessary helpers. There is a raccoon in this one that just makes a total mess of the whole atmosphere of the story actually making a pretty good game asinine and childish.

I don't understand why these developers insist on employing these silly helpers in these games when there is not a helper of any kind to be found in the Midnight Castle game.

Make them optional like the astute developers have done, or create the game, and leave out the silly helpers ---- they are so ridiculous as to be insulting. Personally, I will not fully demo, play, or otherwise waste time with any game featuring this witless, unnecessary gimmick.

And, for those that love helpers ---- good for you, buy the game, I will not.

Re:yet another helper

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 17, 17 10:13 AM
I like the helpers, and I did buy it. Not everybody thinks alike

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Aug 17, 17 11:15 AM
I'm essentially neutral where helpers are concerned; for me, it depends on how they're presented (as far as their actions are concerned, I don't see having one as being any worse than having to construct yet another ladder, for example). Making helpers optional makes more sense to me, as well, but when a game is produced, I imagine the devs have a target demographic, just like w/ any product. If one dev or another routinely includes helpers, I would assume that means that their target demographic favors them. I also assume it's more expensive to produce "helper optional" games, so if a dev believes they can hit their target sales revenue w/o doing so, they're perhaps unlikely to go to the added time & expense.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Aug 17, 17 1:33 PM
I love the raccoon helper, cute as a button, and a mean little thing too. Just adds to the game, cant wait to send him somewhere again. I guess my old age loves these cute little things. I dont care how hard or easy a game is, some are just to hard for me, and I think the visuals are really nice, cant wait for a sale and to get back to playing.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Aug 17, 17 7:55 PM
Yes. ,Another helper,, I LOVE THESE.. I know some people don't. I do not like the fragmented games even though they look fun. So I still try them and have bought a few ,Many different people and opinions.Try them at least.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 19, 17 1:48 AM
I can take them or leave them but I have to admit the raccoon in this game made me laugh with his way of doing things! When he scared the birds, the face he pulled was hilarious Definitely not your average raccoon!!

So on this occasion the helper adds something to the game, for me anyway, so he can stay

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Aug 19, 17 4:31 PM
I loved the little imp in the "Witch's legacy's". I think that's the series. He is so cute!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 19, 17 4:35 PM
I don't like Helpers either. I no longer even test a game that has one unless it is part of a series that I play and even then, I most likely will not buy based on the Helper alone. I guess I take these games too seriously but really, why, just why?

For those of you who do love the Helpers, have you actually purchased one or more games because of the Helper? I'm just curious and there is not a thing wrong with enjoying these little creatures at all. I can see that many people do enjoy them, they are just not for me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 20, 17 5:15 AM
bribling wrote:I don't like Helpers either. I no longer even test a game that has one unless it is part of a series that I play and even then, I most likely will not buy based on the Helper alone. I guess I take these games too seriously but really, why, just why?

For those of you who do love the Helpers, have you actually purchased one or more games because of the Helper? I'm just curious and there is not a thing wrong with enjoying these little creatures at all. I can see that many people do enjoy them, they are just not for me.

No, never. I have, however, not bought a game because of a helper. Most of the games with that dreadful 'Imp' and one where the helper was a small tree. What help could a tree possibly be anyway?? I suppose to climb up for reaching high places but not much else. Might be handy for firewood though

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Aug 20, 17 12:55 PM
The helpers don't bother me, I just ignore them, I concentrate on the game

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 23, 17 11:43 PM
I have never NOT purchased a game because it has a helper in it. Neither have I bought a game because there is a helper in it.

I don't mind helpers when they are in the game. But neither would I miss a helper if it wasn't in the game.

However, most of the time I do like the helper. The only time I don't like them is when they move a lot, which distracts me from the game.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Sep 7, 17 11:28 AM
There are plenty of games without helpers. I love the ones WITH helpers! The graphics, music, storyline are really good. If I can get into the characters, I buy. I hope developers won't stop including the helpers because they are not some fishies cup of tea. To each his own.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Sep 26, 17 6:54 PM
Love all the little helpers . Most of them sit still and I forget I need to use it.

Go to: