Resources Now Invisible

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Resources Now Invisible

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Aug 17, 17 8:28 AM
WHY are the resources (bricks, hats and pinkies) that I am winning no longer visible, until I get to the end of the game ? ? Knowing how many you have of what can help determine moves, particularly when you have extra lives to work with.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

Re:Resources Now Invisible

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Aug 17, 17 9:55 AM
If you look on the upper right side of the screen, it shows how many resources you still need to complete the requirements to win the level. Not sure if this is what you're asking, but hope it helps. Most of the time, I'm just concerned with completing the required amounts to finish, not accumulating resources.
But, if that's what you're asking, I can see your point.
Maybe someone else has a better answer or suggestion.

Fish

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Aug 17, 17 10:52 AM
As an example: playing game w/only one square left, 13 moves and 2 lightning bolts yet to use. Don't know resources won so far so don't know what resource best to play for to finish game to best advantage. ? Thank you for your input. ?

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Aug 17, 17 11:15 AM
Knowing what resources you have collected is very helpful is trying to accumulate in order to complete a building. With the changed system you have no idea until you complete the level.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 17, 17 12:11 PM
keitht53 wrote:Knowing what resources you have collected is very helpful is trying to accumulate in order to complete a building. With the changed system you have no idea until you complete the level.

Also needed when replaying to make greens.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 3, 17 4:59 PM
Just restating my displeasure that resources cannot be viewed as they are accrued.

Would a Moderator please comment on this change to the game!

I am sure the developers are busy improving the game, but sometimes the "improvements" are just plain irritating to the players.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 3, 17 6:22 PM
Totally agree with you on this one kailuaauntie, it makes a huge difference when you have moves left and want to get the best amount of a certain resource. The last few updates have been absolutely awful - I am waiting on the latest iOS update which the android players say is also not good! Maybe the delay in the release means the developers have had to have another look at their latest disaster!

Edited on 09/03/2017 at 6:23:21 PM PST

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Sep 9, 17 6:50 AM
Absolutely agree that not being able to see resources earned is a backward step.
So is the design of the buying/selling resources screen.
So is the automatic zoom when returning to a completed city.
As is the automatic placement at the end when returning to a completed city.
As are the constant useless design changes which result in having to download every completed city again.
The necessity to go to an extra screen to "claim" resources you have already one is annoying.
As is the necessity to go to an extra screen to confirm that you want to send resources to the current city when shipping.
I love playing this game, but the time consumed by constantly having to "manhandle" it is becoming more and more irritating, and I find myself playing less and less.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to leave a rating for the game in the absence of A specific invitation to do so please? I can't find an appropriate link. Thanks.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 9, 17 7:14 AM
CliveJ, we have been chatting on the seniors thread for a while about leaving ratings on the app store. I asked how to do it too, this is what Trav3lbird said: Go to the App Store, then type in "gummy drop" and when the app comes up tap on review and put your thoughts in there So go for it, and anyone else too reading this, and any of the other threads where there have been more complaints about this issue than any I can remember in the more than two years I have been playing this game, this latest update has been the MOST unpopular ever.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 9, 17 7:15 AM
CliveJ, I can give you one suggestion depending on your game platform, I'm on an iPad and the App Store icon gave me access to the reviews for Gummy Drop, a bunch of us have posted our displeasure with this update, if you're on android or PC maybe someone will post a tip.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 9, 17 7:17 AM
Ha-ha, I was just 60 seconds behind you jules.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 9, 17 7:19 AM
thats OK GamingGrampa. All good. I was going to hit post sooner, but got distracted, so would have been even more if not for that.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Sep 9, 17 10:57 AM
Dear GG and oJo,
Thank you both very much.
But what took you so long? (Joke)

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 9, 17 5:50 PM
I know you were joking CliveJ, but half the trouble with sometimes taking ages to reply to anything (although in this instance it was fast, as you joked), is the fact that all of us are spread out all over the world, and time zones are of course an issue. We are not all online at the same time, sometimes a 'conversation' can spread itself over a long period of time for this reason. But thats ok.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 10, 17 8:46 AM
Yeah CliveJ, I finally had to ask jules about the time difference between Australia (her home) and Southern California ( me), she's 17 hours ahead of me, so I always try to time my comments accordingly.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 10, 17 10:00 AM
Have to agree on these recent updates. For selling resources, I accidentally clicked on buying bricks before I realized the layout changed.

For the zoom to the last level played in completed cities, in Sydney I was pinch zooming out again and somehow spent 350 coins building the last resource center. I managed to select pinks - and never even saw the screens come up for that because it happened so fast.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 11, 17 9:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to thank you all for taking the time to provide this feedback. I can definitely appreciate why seeing the resources you've accumulated is a useful gameplay feature. The Moderation Team isn't involved in the process of making changes to the game, but I'll absolutely pass this information along to the appropriate teams.

If any further questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another one of the active Moderators. We're here to help and happy to assist. Happy gaming to all.

bfgBeruna

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Oct 8, 17 4:42 PM
I'm even more aggravated now than when I wrote my original post in August, which somehow got completely off the track and onto GD reviews. With 1-2,000,000++ required to build monuments, it would be monumental if we could see our progress in resources while playing a game, rather than just at the end; it was especially useful in determining how to use lightning bolts. Please reverse this modification.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Oct 26, 17 10:35 AM
Please please reverse this modification. I was almost at my goal, with multiple lightening bolts to use, with NO idea what to do because I could not see my current Resource winnings There are sometimes NINE boosts SQUEEZED onto the right of the board. Please restore the status of resources on the left; there definitely appears to be space. Modifications should improve the a players’s experience, not remove favorable aspects of that experience.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 26, 17 3:53 PM
Hello kailuaauntie,

Thank you for letting us know what you would like to see changed. Unfortunately, the Forum Moderation Team can only provide our player's recommendations and are unable to make the in-game changes you'd like to see directly. We advocate for what our players would like and use these bits of feedback to make those recommendations, so I'll be sure to provide that you would prefer to see total resources gathered in a city on your game play board.

The game board should show how many resources are required to finish the level on the left hand side along with any other requirements that are necessary to complete a level. This is counted down from how many you need down to zero left to collect. If no resources show up on the left hand side, this means no resources are necessary to complete the level. It sounds like you would like to see how many have been collected while playing the level, even if it's not a requirement to complete the level. I'll be certain to provide that input to the right teams again along with your observations here.

Thank you for your patience, and moderators continue to provide our player's feedback, suggestions, and concerns to the right teams. If we receive information regarding an update or changes to the game, we'll be sure to provide an announcement regarding them. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 10/26/2017 at 3:53:55 PM PST

Go to: