Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Danse Macabre: Curse of the Banshee here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 18, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/18/2017 at 9:47:55 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Danse Macabre: Curse of the Banshee here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 18, 17 9:47 AM
Greetings Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Danse Macabre: Curse of the Banshee here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Danse Macabre: Curse of the Banshee.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. In the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

And, finally, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators if there are any further questions. We're all happy to help out and listen as best we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Aug 19, 17 5:45 AM
This is not a new game, merely a trimmed down version of the collector's edition which I already have. Is everybody on vacation this week?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 20, 17 6:15 AM
This game is a screaming banshee no for me for several reasons. First of all, I had a hard time making it through the demo because it has no challenge whatsoever. Secondly, this demo hit a record for being the shortest demo ever, I took my time and still had 45 minutes left of the 90 minute trial!
Thirdly, (is there such a word?) the game had some incredible feats, by incredible, I mean ridiculous impossible feats. At one point I actually threw a rope across the ravine, and as luck would have it my teeny tiny carabiner landed on the teeny tiny hook, on my first attempt! This is the same hook that I had to find a saw to cut the carabiner from a swing, it's a carabiner, why didn't I just push the clasp and remove it from the rope?
Well, we have yet another screaming Banshee, the Irish harbinger of impending doom, whose presence means a family member will soon perish. She seems more like a Piroshedevil to me,, she can light fires pretty well, but not once did she scream, not even, FIRE! Anyway, it looks like daddy O'Connor has some splaining to do, where was he hanging up his tap shoes back in the day?
The Hidden Object Scenes are super simple and super boring. We start out with finding items that match keywords of newspaper articles about the rise and fall of the Irish Step-dance King who joined forces with his brother, otherwise known as Uncle Pat (but I'm starting to suspect my last name is Banshee) Eventually you'll work your way through several piles of junk to find Silhouetted Shapes, some of which look nothing like their silhouette, the old familiar task of finding 5 of two different identical items which will give you a tool to open up the List, and a small Zoom Zone HOP where you must find Multiples of the same items. In the Collector's Edition version, there is a Morphing Object to find in most of the HOP's, and there is an alternate Match 3 game to play.
The Mini Games are super easy, and most can be solved on the first attempt, just like the rope throwing thingy. (thingy is a real word I'm pretty sure) Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during this very brief demo:
1) Move the feet along the lines, using extra spaces, so they line up in their matching numbered slots.
2) Press start and click on corresponding dance move buttons when the dropping dance moves are within the green zone.
3) Recreate the tiles image so it consists of a continuous straight line.
4) Arrange notes by dragging them according to the music sheet, clicking on the notes will rotate them.
5) Attach the rope hooks to the tent stakes on the ground by selecting circles to move them either up or down with the specified amount of moves shown.
6) Lead the rope across the pattern in a continuous line, selecting the X button to attach the rope, which cannot cross more than once.
DANSE MACABRE GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
-Crimson Cabaret (September 25-14) 4.4
-Curse of the Banshee (July 20-17) 3.0
-Deadly Deception (February 28-15) 4.1
-Florentine Elegy (April 1-17) 3.5
-Lethal Letters (February 11-16) 4.2
-Ominous Obsession (April 10-16) 3.9
-The Last Adagio (February 20-14) 4.4
-Thin Ice (June 11-15) 4.1
The Collector's Edition has 9 Music Soundtracks, 6 Movie Videos, 8 Concept Art pictures, 8 Wallpapers, a Souvenir Room, 14 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 19 replayable Mini Games, replayable Match 3 games, 14 Achievements to earn, 14 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, 38 Hidden Signs, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 16, 17 3:38 PM

I played this game right to the end. Or should I say, I struggled through this game right to the end. Not one of the finest in this series, that's for sure. Quite mind-numbingly dreadful in fact.

Begorrah !! - The Irish accents were truly abysmal so why bother. Just have them speaking in ordinary voices, much better than murdering an accent.

This game was quite dire, not one that will get played (endured) a second time.

It was raining and it passed the time, that's the kindest thing I can say about it.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 10, 18 4:29 PM
Love this game! The story is different from the usual and that's a big plus for me. Artwork is beautiful. I was not offended by the accents, rather enjoyed them.
I did notice that there seemed to be missing event at the beginning. Apparenty there was a fire onstage and I fell through the floor. The fire wasn't addressed. I went to the WT to check and no fire shown there either.

Edited on 01/10/2018 at 4:37:24 PM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 30, 18 12:00 AM
Including this one, I have 7 Danse * games in my game inventory. How do i say this, this was not the best game and not the worst . I had no tech. problems with it but the game-play seemed like this game was produced half-hearted or in a fast rush... Anyway I'm giving this one a skinny out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Feb 12, 18 8:16 AM
Beautiful music!

Go to: