I am Very Very Sorry!

Magic_Frog
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

I am Very Very Sorry!

[Post New]by Magic_Frog on Aug 18, 17 5:33 AM
To everyone that has answerd my help calls the last couple of weeks and have been left floating over my machines for hours and hours. I humbly apologize for such a thoughtless thing to do. The only excuse I have to offer is that when I go to other islands I always intend to go back and pick up the help call. Only to compleatly forget why I went to the other islands in the first place and log off the game. Sometimes I am very short for time and my mind wanders to other things and I don´t even remember sending out help calls until I come back to the game.

I can´t promise it will not happen again because I am almost certain it will happen again and again. Anyone who decides to not answer my help calls in the future I perfectly understand and know that there are no hard feelings for that.

Thank you for your time.

//Magic Frog

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

Re:I am Very Very Sorry!

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 18, 17 9:25 AM
Speaking of: "Sorry but I forgot "

Generally I do answer those calls (including the ones from people I don't follow) and I believe am I following you. Most likely I did answer one of your calls but I don't remember

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 18, 17 11:37 AM
I suppose it is possible that someone forgets that he or she has asked for help, and then logs off for the day without first checking whether the call has been answered. But that's not a big deal for me. As long the help smilie will be clicked within a day or so, I don't mind waiting for it.

What I do have a problem with are people who make a call for help, and then just abandon their game and never come back. Lately I have been very reluctant to answer just any old call for help, and always first see if the game is actually active, e.g. lots of islanders are at work.

One gamer - in-game name Tiny Mage, level 43 - has not been in their game for ages, and my help smilie has been hovering over the island forever now.
Another Tiny Mage, this one on level 79, has befriended me. If this is the same person, and he or she reads this, please go back to your old game and click on my smilie so that the connection gets severed. Of course, this person might have already deleted their game from their computer, and won't be able to get back into it. *sigh*

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 18, 17 11:53 AM
I'm not sure why they just don't auto apply after 24 hours, say.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 18, 17 12:06 PM
TMGamer99 wrote:I'm not sure why they just don't auto apply after 24 hours, say.

That is a very good idea.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Aug 18, 17 12:12 PM
I have five of them and when I sent in a help ticket the response was that "this is a free to play social game and those help calls on dead islands can't be activated" So draw your own conclusion from that bit of info, it sounds to me like they don't want to put the effort into fixing it even though it sounds like a simple fix.

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Aug 19, 17 5:06 AM
I have a couple of dead calls from players ate levels 12 and 16. I'm sure they have abandoned the game.

Activating them after 24 hours is a great idea!

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 19, 17 7:04 AM
How do you know that you have dead calls? (people that didn't use your help)
I haven't payed attention to that aspect of the game. How knows maybe I have them as well

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 19, 17 7:13 AM
AlexRaluca wrote:How do you know that you have dead calls? (people that didn't use your help)
I haven't payed attention to that aspect of the game. How knows maybe I have them as well

They sit on your "People you have helped" list.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 19, 17 9:33 AM
That list should be empty after you are getting the reward? I didn't know that
Thank you

GramsFort
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by GramsFort on Aug 19, 17 9:48 AM
It seems a lot of people hesitate to help anymore. I started a new game after reading about high. level islands that had few machines. Decided to see how difficult it would be going minimalistic. In over a month of play I've had 2 people respond to help calls. If I were brand new to this game I'd probably drop it in a heartbeat. But as it fits the minimalistic idea, I keep plugging away, and I do try to answer all help calls in both games.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

I am Very Very Sorry!

[Post New]by judy1689 on Aug 19, 17 9:49 AM
Magic_Frog wrote:" Only to compleatly forget why I went to the other islands in the first place and log off the game. Sometimes I am very short for time and my mind wanders to other things and I don´t even remember sending out help calls until I come back to the game."
//Magic Frog

LOL . . . I can so relate to this! In order for me to get anyone to help me, I have to close out of the game and either play a different game from the game manager or close out of the game manager then log back in in order to even get help.

So, I too sometimes forget by the time I get back into the game. So to everyone who suffers from my seeming lack of thanks . . . I also offer my apologies.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Aug 20, 17 9:15 AM
It's not about a person forgetting a time or two to close the call, it's about all the open help calls plastered all over the islands, I can't be the only one that sees them, it's a raiders gold mine. Either people don't know that they have to exit out of the game or they don't want to put the effort into making sure that it gets closed and then they come to the forum complaining that nobody has helped them except one of their friends just happened to come by in the middle of the night, Really???? Sometimes I have to log out and back in 4 or 5 times but I Always, Always make sure that I see my help and get it closed.

teoteo15
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by teoteo15 on Aug 20, 17 10:46 AM
It's not about a person forgetting a time or two to close the call, it's about all the open help calls plastered all over the islands, I can't be the only one that sees them, it's a raiders gold mine. Either people don't know that they have to exit out of the game or they don't want to put the effort into making sure that it gets closed and then they come to the forum complaining that nobody has helped them except one of their friends just happened to come by in the middle of the night, Really???? Sometimes I have to log out and back in 4 or 5 times but I Always, Always make sure that I see my help and get it closed

If I ask for help, I try to see the first person who bought anything from my market, and I suppose, that this player answered to my call. I noticed it was not enough to visit another island, or person who I am thinking to help me, but when I buy something from their market, it works. And if not, after 5 minutes I logg off, and then I have answer of my call. Never happened to me, to wait long time. I think, players do not know that their call was answered.
And I thank all those who have helped me.

Zuzu

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 10:58:33 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 20, 17 12:43 PM
It's not necessarily someone who bought something from your market who answers your call, teoteo15. I often get a message that someone who is neither my friend nor my follower needs help. I then click on that person and get to their island, where I help them. And I rarely buy stuff from them because I am pretty self-sufficient and hardly ever buy anything from someone else. After all, all I need I can make myself.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Aug 20, 17 1:01 PM
Valdy
What a brilliant strategy to be self sufficient and make what you need, I have always wondered why people have such a huge need to wipe out markets, LOL.

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by melodydame on Aug 20, 17 2:19 PM
teoteo15 wrote
If I ask for help, I try to see the first person who bought anything from my market, and I suppose, that this player answered to my call. I noticed it was not enough to visit another island, or person who I am thinking to help me, but when I buy something from their market, it works. And if not, after 5 minutes I logg off, and then I have answer of my call. Never happened to me, to wait long time. I think, players do not know that their call was answered.
And I thank all those who have helped me.

Zuzu

I also try to purchase 1 item from the market from a person I have just helped and hopefully they will realise that it is me that has answered their call. I do this since the thank you/helped list isn't rotated true to time anymore. I also log off after a few minutes and then get back in the game to thank the person who has answered my call for help.

Angel

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 3:38:40 PM PST

teoteo15
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by teoteo15 on Aug 20, 17 3:17 PM
Valdy wrote:It's not necessarily someone who bought something from your market who answers your call, teoteo15. I often get a message that someone who is neither my friend nor my follower needs help. I then click on that person and get to their island, where I help them. And I rarely buy stuff from them because I am pretty self-sufficient and hardly ever buy anything from someone else. After all, all I need I can make myself.

Valdy, It's amazing, so you don't have to visit any island, just put items in your market.
I don't write about self-sufficient, I am too, but sometimes I don't want wait, if I need fill the balloon, and I buy what I need. I think about this is the game, help each other.

But I wrote about helping call, and if you know who helps you, you don't have to log off.

Edited on 08/20/2017 at 3:19:48 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 21, 17 12:09 AM
teoteo15 wrote:But I wrote about helping call, and if you know who helps you, you don't have to log off.

Teoteo15, if I helped you, but didn't buy anything from your market, you would know I helped you, because my name would come up in your "helped me" section. Of course, if I helped you more than once, you wouldn't know who it was.

But, just because someone bought something from your market doesn't mean that person also helped you. And if more than one person buys something from your market, you wouldn't know which one did help, if indeed they did. Not everyone who buys from you will be the one who helped.

mellyora12
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by mellyora12 on Aug 21, 17 3:52 AM
Some times in my haste I oversweep the help , I may not actually need help, It does seem overly easy to accidentally sweep over the tag though, Very sorry!

Go to: