Dog Days of Summer Event 2017

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Aug 18, 17 12:31 PM
Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer
The residents of the Commons want to close out summer with a blast! That big old event field sits there empty most of the time anyways. Help them build an awesome temporary pool to chill out beside. Once you've completed all three building quests, the residents will come in and there will be 3 turn-in stations where you can bring Towels, Sunscreen and Life Rings to get event tokens for buying this year's custom items!

Nate's New Puppies!

Plus, foster an adorable puppy for Nate. It seems he's accidentally ordered too many dogs (again!!) and needs your help to look after them temporarily. Choose one of the 3 to help him out! Once you equip your dog, Nate has some daily quests for you to do to keep the ball of energy that is your puppy occupied. Love the look of the dog? Permanently adopt it with a simple real money purchase!

New for 2017!
We've added a whole new area of fun for you to experiment with. Check out the Companion Racing Track once it becomes available, and you'll be able to bet on pet races! You can only win the prizes once per day though.

Later on in the event, you'll need to help an NPC train their unlikely companion to participate in the race!

The event will run until Friday September 1st at Noon PDT.

Re:Dog Days of Summer Event 2017

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Aug 18, 17 12:39 PM
Event Achievements - POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!

There are 14 possible Achievements in the Dog Days of Summer 2017 event:

Achievements Returning for 2017:
Pool Digger - Build the Pool for the Dog Days event.
Safety First! - Help at each pool-side station during the event.
Safety to the Max! - Help at each pool station 50 times - must first complete "Safety First!"
Doggy Daycare - Complete all the doggy dailies.
Man's Best Friend- Level your doggy pet up to level 10.
Training Day - Complete all the puppy training quests.

Added/Changed for 2016:
Pool Party Procurer - Purchase all the custom items for 2017.*
Dog Days Race Track - Successfully win 5 bets on the Companion Race Track.
Pro Racer Assesser - Buy all the racer assessment upgrades for the Companion Race Track.
The Plodding Blob - Help Shayla Sharker train her blobfish for the Companion Race Track.

We have 4 achievements from previous years, which may be earned by spending some Bush Bucks, if a player was not present/didn't earn it during the initial year:
Dog Days Sale - Buy all the custom items and pool items from 2013.
Dog Days Outlet - Buy all the custom items for 2014.
Summer Supplies - Purchase all the custom items for 2015.
Summer Souvenirs - Purchase all the custom items for 2016.

* The Dog Days Mini Golf piece is NOT included in the achievement, and therefore it is not a required purchase.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Aug 22, 17 8:12 AM
Do you have to finish your pier before the event ends?
Any advise would be great!!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Aug 22, 17 9:00 AM
clm5457 wrote:Do you have to finish your pier before the event ends?

Yes, you will need to finish the build a dock quest before the event ends to get the dock.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Aug 22, 17 10:54 AM
erika_kramer1 wrote:
clm5457 wrote:Do you have to finish your pier before the event ends?

Yes, you will need to finish the build a dock quest before the event ends to get the dock.

Thank you erika!!

[Post New]by alittlefishtoo on Aug 23, 17 11:48 PM
After you finish the dock, are you supposed to get quests from the fisherman guy who helped build the dock? I saw somewhere in the past that there were quests, but I'm not getting any. Thanks.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Aug 24, 17 10:05 AM
alittlefishtoo wrote:After you finish the dock, are you supposed to get quests from the fisherman guy who helped build the dock? I saw somewhere in the past that there were quests, but I'm not getting any. Thanks.

The additional fishing quests for the dock are a second year quest, and will be available when you play the event again next year.

shercat486
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by shercat486 on Aug 24, 17 2:52 PM
I am fostering a dog for Nate. Am I supposed to buy the dog now during the pet pack sale or will there be an opportunity to purchase the dog I am fostering at the end of the event?

[Post New]by alittlefishtoo on Aug 24, 17 10:33 PM
Got it. Thanks, Erika!

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Aug 25, 17 11:24 AM
@ shercat: The dogs are only available for real money during the event.

You can either purchase it now, or you will have a chance as the event ends as well.

Edited on 08/25/2017 at 11:29:37 AM PST

shercat486
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by shercat486 on Aug 25, 17 1:43 PM
Thanks Erika.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Aug 29, 17 9:10 AM
I thought the race track was a great addition to the event. LOL the blob fish racer, so cute. The only thing I have an issue with is only being able to win once a day. So far, I bought all my event items in the main zone first to make sure I got them, and now I am buying the books. Sadly, I am horrible with luck and I can't seem to win the races. I still need one more book and in 5 days of betting a few times each day I have only won one time. At this point, even if I buy the other book, I don't have enough days left to win once a day and get the achievement. Still think it was a great idea, just needed to either tell people to buy the books first, or lower the amount of wins needed. But then, might just be my horrid luck too lol

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Aug 29, 17 3:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback soymocha.

We went for 1 win per day just so that it was fair for all players, since you do get the 5 Dog Days tokens and a quest satchel on completion.

Otherwise you are just meant to spam guesses to try and get 5 wins out of the 13 days it was available.

Edited on 08/29/2017 at 3:20:37 PM PST

Teddyfish
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Teddyfish on Aug 30, 17 5:20 PM
Hi soymocha...Obviously you are a seasoned player and with this particular quest, there is a question..me too. I finally bought the last book, and it helps..but wondering how some of the newer players can afford the coins/tokens it takes to purchase this last book when trying to complete this and other achievements?

I don't believe it's your horrid luck, soy...I think it's a matter of buying the last book to insure the winner or perhaps not. I agree with you, this was a great addition to the game, just hope it's really fair to all players.

teddy

Edited on 08/30/2017 at 5:25:18 PM PST

VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

[Post New]by VisionAri on Aug 31, 17 5:17 PM
soymocha wrote:I thought the race track was a great addition to the event. LOL the blob fish racer, so cute. The only thing I have an issue with is only being able to win once a day. So far, I bought all my event items in the main zone first to make sure I got them, and now I am buying the books. Sadly, I am horrible with luck and I can't seem to win the races. I still need one more book and in 5 days of betting a few times each day I have only won one time. At this point, even if I buy the other book, I don't have enough days left to win once a day and get the achievement. Still think it was a great idea, just needed to either tell people to buy the books first, or lower the amount of wins needed. But then, might just be my horrid luck too lol

Maybe it's just me, but I collected all the books and they didn't seem to give me that much of an advantage. The racetrack was still super-fun, though! I think it was the highlight of this year's Summer Event.

[Post New]by sylvr_moon on Sep 1, 17 8:09 AM
One of the wild "dogs" in the "Tough Love" quest is actually a red panda! O_o

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Sep 1, 17 8:30 AM
Hi Teddy,
Yes, I am capped an in the flux at the moment so I have played for a while. As was mentioned by another player, I have bought all the books and they have been no help what so ever. I go with the racer that has a 20% better chance of winning.. and I loose. I go with the one that has a high % and is excited... I loose. So yes, so far, with all books and 5 races I have lost every one this am. I quit other games that used a "Luck" factor in a game thinking it was fun. To me, it is not. It is annoying. Especially when you are told to "buy" books that seem to be no help at all.

But, as I mentioned earlier. I think the race track (side area) of the event was a great idea. I do hope more side areas are added. Just for me, this one was annoying. But, I am sure I am not the norm and most people probably loved the idea of the race track.

Go to: