WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Bonus Jigsaw Puzzle

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 18, 17 8:22 PM
Not sure if this is a tech issue or not....The Bonus Jigsaw Puzzle won't appear in my game. When I click on the link for the page, the page appears to open, but it's all black except for the menu/guide/hint etc buttons and a blank box for inventory. I waited a good 2 minutes to see if it would load, but no. I've completed both the main game and the bonus game. I didn't find all the morphs or the swirls in the first play through, but did go back and snag the missing ones from the bonus content. (At least I think I snagged all the swirls, actually, because now when I try to access the collectibles/swirl list the page closes within about 2 seconds...???). Is everyone able to access the jigsaw or is it just me, and do you know if you can't access it if you missed morphs or collectibles? And what's up with my Collectibles page shutting down?

ETA: Forgot to add that I'm playing on a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5.

Edited on 08/18/2017 at 8:28:56 PM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Bonus Jigsaw Puzzle

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 18, 17 9:22 PM
Hmmm, I had a similar issue with opening the collectibles page.
I actually opened it too early i.e. before I had played the main game, as I was aiming to click the achievements and see what was there, so I expected it not to open at all and to get the usual "this will be available after the main and bonus games have been played" pop up, but instead I ended up getting a completely black page.
I clicked about on the page, and it took me to one of the scenes in the main game, even though I hadn't played it yet.
Obviously there was a glitch, it shouldn't have opened at all and it certainly shouldn't of taken me to a scene I hadn't played yet. I think that when I clicked around in the black I hit what would, on a working collectibles page, be a silhouette spot for ones you have yet to get, that would take you back to the scene where you missed the collectible.
Anyway, I left and played the game, and I had to close the game a few times to go do other things, so it may have been this that reset the collectibles page, but when I had finished both the main and bonus games, I went back to do the extra stuff and was able to enter collectibles, where it now had the appropriate picture background instead of just black, and I was clearly able to see the space for the 2 collectibles I missed and click on them.
I was also able to play the puzzle.

I can only suggest fully closing down the game and starting again to see if it resets your jigsaw page, otherwise, I'm sorry but I don't know.
I just wanted to point out that I had a similar problem with the whole black page, and things glitching, but it did resolve itself.
I wish you good luck and I hope you solve this.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Aug 19, 17 6:41 AM
Wiljul, I missed a couple of collectibles too while playing so I went to find them through the extras as well. After I found them, I clicked on "collectibles" again and the page remained opened only for a couple of seconds, as in your case. It was enough, however, to see that I got them all. My guess is that you've found all the collectibles and that is why the page closes, since there is nothing more you can do there. Don't forget, you can always check the "achievements" page to see if you've found them all indeed.

As for the "jigsaw puzzle", I had the same issue too. Fortunately, when I opened the game for a second time, the black screen was no longer there so I was finally able to play the puzzle. Just like how it happened with sazoria. Perhaps you'd like to give it a try and see if it works for you as well. I hope it will.

ET correct typos.

Edited on 08/19/2017 at 10:27:11 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 26, 17 12:17 AM
Thank you so much sazoria and tammytheo! I shall go back to the game and try again! I appreciate It!

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Aug 27, 17 11:15 AM
Once I had finished the game, I had the same issue with the Jigsaw Puzzle. Just got a mostly black screen. All collectibles and morphs had been found.

I exited the game and then restarted it. Went to Extras and clicked on 'Jigsaw Puzzle'. Happily, the Jigsaw Puzzle was then available to play.

It is just a simple puzzle, but I like to fully complete a game, so was happy I could.

Go to: