Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 19, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/19/2017 at 8:08:56 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by fevis1 on Aug 19, 17 2:41 AM
the game crashes when I go to the tree near the well with the horse after I attached the hook to the chain and throw it in. I get a runtime error. I use a PC with Windows 7

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Aug 19, 17 3:12 AM
i played the demo some times is slow but i could finish. But i couldnt close the game it froze and had to use alt ctrl del.
Windows 10.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Aug 19, 17 4:46 AM
HI

Same issue at the well on Windows 10.

[Post New]by romanelia on Aug 19, 17 6:19 AM
Hello,

I have the same crash near the well !! I use WINDOW 10 me too

Help or return my money please !!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 19, 17 8:08 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator
Game Compatibility (Computer)

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the Big Fish Games Help pages, please get in touch with our Technical Support Team. You can contact our Support Team with the form on that linked page. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sdcolyer on Aug 19, 17 9:49 AM
My game is also crashing when I try to return to the tree. Please advise.

Edited on 08/19/2017 at 9:49:57 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Aug 19, 17 9:57 AM
Running Windows 10, I can download the demo, bought the game and when I go to activate the game it starts another download, but it wont happen. My computer is compatible, so I feel that it is something with the game itself.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirits of Mystery: The Moon Crystal Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by FunIt on Aug 19, 17 9:59 AM
Same issue with the tree at the well. Windows 7.

Edited on 08/19/2017 at 10:00:09 AM PST

ivy9179
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ivy9179 on Aug 19, 17 10:21 AM
Same problem bought the collectors edition game and it won't download, had no problem downloading the demo. I have a HP laptop with window 10

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Aug 19, 17 10:39 AM
no hints.cat is there but is frozen

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 19, 17 10:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry your games aren't working and am swimming by to offer some troubleshooting advice.

If your game won't download then please take a look at the help page below.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

The steps outlined in that aforementioned article explain how to download this game directly from the Big Fish Games app, which is the first step I'd recommend. The article also provides guidance on how to download a game in Alternative Mode by adjusting the network settings in the app. Please try both processes.

For those whose games are crashing at the well, please check out the instructions contained in the help pages below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

The first article explains how to check whether a computer's video card driver is up to date. Installing a newer version, if it's available, might prevent the game from shutting down. The second page will guide you through running a game with administrator permission. This process ensures the game can access all of the resources it needs to operate properly.

Should the aforementioned help pages not resolve these issues, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide more assistance.

If you write in because your game crashes at the well, please include the part of the game -- for example, Chapter 2 - when this happens. It will help the teams behind the game investigate this further.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 08/19/2017 at 10:49:48 AM PST

[Post New]by Trisa13 on Aug 19, 17 1:29 PM
I have Windows 10. I downloaded the trail game and played it, but it wont let me download the real game. I have removed the trail and reloaded it, removed the app and reloaded it and of course I bought the game. Help!!!

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on Aug 19, 17 7:53 PM
Why is it every time you buy a game and its really good, there is a glitch. I am having the same problem by the tree and I get a run time error. This is crazy. Now we have to wait 3 or 4 days for them to correct the problem. I have tried everything and nothing they say to do helps. As usual. Please fix this game. This designer of game should have tried to do a game play before putting it out there for purchase. Please help us.

Game won't even open Win 10

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Aug 19, 17 8:06 PM
This game would not even open on my Windows 10 laptop that is less than a year old.

Very frustrating.

[Post New]by aborisch16 on Aug 19, 17 8:28 PM
Same issue with the tree. I've had runtime errors at numerous other spots in the game too but I was always able to get past those. I can't get past this one.

[Post New]by PD1047 on Aug 19, 17 8:42 PM
Same here. Runtime error when I try to click on the tree.

GaPeach1981
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,588 Posts

[Post New]by GaPeach1981 on Aug 20, 17 12:29 AM
I'm not having the same error as the previous posters, however, I am experiencing a glitch. As soon as I put the octopus figurine in the door, it started getting stuck on sounds and did it repetitively. The sound of the door opening, then when I went outside to speak with the girl, her first word, "hello" was repeated over and over until I closed the chat bubble. I then continued to another area and another sound was repeated over and over until I went to a different area. What gives...?

Peach

[Post New]by scampers999 on Aug 20, 17 1:19 AM
Same here. Runtime error when I try to click on the tree. None of the suggestions work.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Aug 20, 17 3:23 AM
The error with the tree at the well seems only to occur when you attach the hook to the chain BEFORE you light up the well. I started with a new profile, waited with the hook and it worked!
So, definitely a glitch. Updating your drivers and all the other things won't work.

Go to: