great new avatars

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

great new avatars

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 20, 17 3:44 AM
So I'm really looking forward to getting these avatars, especially Merlin.

It will take some coins for some tasks (Fortune Wheel), maybe diamonds for others (dice), a load of airship items, a lot of pet food, some "interesting" ZZ tasks, and giving up some items to the inventory grabbing DQs. But at least there is no requirement for a specific 3,5, or 10 part DQ like last time that was so discouraging to some as tthey watched their inventory dwindle waiting for the "right" DQ to show up. (Thanks to the devs for that)

And these really nice looking avatars are worth it ---- unlike bunny costumes.

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

Re:great new avatars

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Aug 20, 17 4:40 AM
I really like the new avatars also. Especially Merlin.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Aug 20, 17 6:54 AM
I like the new avatars, too. I did not plan on participating in another castle challenge, but I am doing this one. I might have to spend some diamonds to send the airship.. I wonder how much it will cost me.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 20, 17 11:57 AM
If you are patient with the dice game, possibly none there, but the airship might cost a few ---- plus it will depend on just what the DQs want to take, but patience there too!

I hope no one gets hung up trying for 1 star on the Fortune Wheel. I know that I have spent way, way, way too much on that wheel ---- as many have chastised, corrected, and made fun of me about many times over. (Never posted complaining about those comments, though, because I know it's just a game, and all in fun.)

As I have said several times, the beauty of this game is that everyone can play according to what they think is best for them ---- it accommodates the differences in the playing styles. So much fun and diversity.

Good luck, and let's get those really nice avatars!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Aug 20, 17 3:23 PM
Merlin looks pretty cool.
Is the Joan avatar supposed to be Joan of Arc?

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Aug 20, 17 7:37 PM
Well..now I know it costs 3 diamonds per airship item. I didn't have one needed for an airship so I bought one. Afterwards, I realized I had already gifted myself the airship item I needed from my second game (along with several other friends) so I spent 3 diamonds for no reason.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Aug 20, 17 10:19 PM
Love the new avatars! I was going to skip this CC, but then thinking about it.. I really want the Merlin! Going for it!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Aug 20, 17 11:15 PM
More for my closet.
My Witch Queen rules!! Yaaaaaa!!!!!

alliebdive
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by alliebdive on Aug 21, 17 2:17 AM
I like the new avatars too and i'll be definitely doing the castle challenge. I generally don't spend any diamonds trying for the daily task. If something takes me a couple of days I am confidant that I can catch up and I trust the developers to have generally balanced the play to allow for this. Agreed something went a bit awry - to say the least - with some people's games on the last challenge. But by and large, it seems to work. Yesterday with the zz task it happened that both daily quests were also heavily filled with zz work so I managed to complete the challenge task and knock off 2 dq's at the same time. Today I have a slight quandary as Trina has been stuck for weeks since the last cc asking me for 300 wheels, but she also wants shards..... So do I go for the golden key or keep building up my shards......???? decisions decisions.....

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Aug 21, 17 5:52 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Merlin looks pretty cool.

Yes, I think Joan is meant to represent Joan of Arc -- she has been referred to as 'the maid of Orleans' in history and literature.

I like the new avatars so much more than the previous ones. But I will have my own challenge during the CC. I go in for surgery part way through and not sure how long before I can play again. Though this CC doesn't look too bad so I hope I can catch up quickly.

Good luck to all

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Aug 21, 17 7:18 AM
Ooooo, Elsa! I hope your surgery goes perfectly & your recovery is complete & swift.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Aug 21, 17 7:43 AM
Thanks, Druid. I'll post something closer to the time so my friends will know why I'm absent.

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Aug 21, 17 9:08 AM
I really like this set. I play them anyway to maintain my record of having finished them so far. Dread when some bad luck will break that record but 'til it does.

But this set of avatars being pretty cool is further incentive. I looked at it and said woah Merlin as the grand prize!? Awesome.

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Aug 21, 17 9:09 AM
Elsaemerald wrote:
Desertdruid wrote:Merlin looks pretty cool.

But I will have my own challenge during the CC. I go in for surgery part way through and not sure how long before I can play again. Though this CC doesn't look too bad so I hope I can catch up quickly.

Good luck to all

Good luck with your surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery and can catch up.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Aug 21, 17 3:38 PM
Thanks so much for your good wishes, unofrio. I'd love to get Merlin but we shall see.

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Aug 21, 17 5:42 PM
Adding my best wishes to you too, Elsaemerald! Hope all goes well.

~Paula

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Aug 21, 17 7:55 PM
Best wishes ElsaE! Hope all goes well and a speedy recovery!

I agree.. LOVE the new avatars!

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Aug 21, 17 9:32 PM
Really?
I think Maid Joan has a very dim-witted expression.

Anglesey
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Anglesey on Aug 21, 17 11:45 PM
I think Maid Joan has a very dim-witted expression.

You're not alone..........

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Aug 22, 17 1:44 AM
Hope you have a speedy recovery, Elsaemerald Please keep us posted.

Sending hugs, & Prayers & more hugs,

katiek

Go to: