Too much $$$

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Aug 20, 17 11:26 AM
Is it just me or are others having the same problems? I have put so much real money into this game that I am considering not playing it anymore. I have started just going in and getting my gold and fight the 4 fights in the morning. I had 650 gold and tried to get some of the lollipops in Shivering Plains, spent it all and then had to buy some as I already had so much into trying to win one level.

Loosing so many times is not fun.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Too much $$$

[Post New]by maxbridge on Aug 20, 17 12:30 PM
Hi - as I've gone through I've given up on trying to do all of the four fights, they are too expensive,
I would lose more than I could gain, so it isn't worth it.
I didn't use much real money other than to buy my Fasttrack man which gives me three extra turns on every level.
I'd rather just play the main game, I do find that good still, but it's getting harder!!

I did start the whole series again, earlier on, knowing that I would need heaps for later on and I just saved saved saved up the gold coins and benefits.

Also I use the red fireflies only for the 25% off potion - if only to reduce the cost of more boosts, you get a bit more that way..

Still a great game. Good luck..

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 22, 17 6:37 AM
You don't have to spend any real money to progress. Personally, I think it's only fair to spend some money on each game, but the prices are really exorbitant.

The key to all FTP games is to progress slowly, so it's best to not focus on any one game at a time. I have not spent anything on SMAL, but I progress only a couple of levels a day (don't play much, either, just a few lives daily). Unfortunately, many of the levels are too dificult to pass without boosts, and my aim is to use as few as possible (rather than none at all, which for some levels is almost impossible, or requires endless tries, which render the game unenjoyable for me). So, if I don't pass after 3 or 4 tries I use boosts, using coins I have earned in the game. It's usually hammers and extra moves. Trinkets are also very helpful and I never bought any because of winning them elsewhere.

The airship is a great device, and much cheaper than building farms and buying MBs, so a lot can be saved from there.

The arena is definitely worth giving a try, particularly for the boosts at levels 3 and 4. But there are days when all or most opponents are difficult ones, in which case I just skip it. I never use boosts of any kind on the arena, though, I just try the wheel for the extra strength, but only if it's worth it .

I don't have much gold, but enough to get by. I am currently in world 9 and have 8000. And if need be, I can always go back and replay stages 2 and 3, which I normally don't play unless necessary.

Edited on 08/22/2017 at 6:46:03 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 24, 17 4:07 PM
Hello Everyone,

I definitely understand wanting to be able to play a game without spending too much money to advance. Are there levels in particular that seem to require lots of boosts to win? I'd be happy to provide some gameplay advice, and if there are enough comments about a particular level, it's possible that the developers behind the game will take a look at it. The Moderation Team isn't involved in making changes to the game, but we love to advocate for our players. We'll pass along feedback we receive about specific levels as well as the game.

Thanks for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me (or another of the active Moderators) if further questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: