Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Your experience in having game moved to new computer?

[Post New]by Howdah on Aug 20, 17 6:30 PM
I am about to make this move. I have my newish computer fairly set up to my liking and know that I have to contact support with my ID number and the ID number on new game I was going to start on new PC. I also know that friends are not imported so I have to make note or their number. Do I have to invite them to be friends again or how does that work?

Is this move always smooth? I was planning on doing it the first part of the week, but with the new CC starting, I want to be sure I won't lose anything in the move. If there is even a small chance of an issue I will just wait until after CC is done/

Please share your experiences when moving the game to a new computer.

dfkdkfl_1960
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Your experience in having game moved to new computer?

[Post New]by dfkdkfl_1960 on Aug 20, 17 6:46 PM
I moved the game with the backup, and all is preserved

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Aug 20, 17 7:22 PM
Never moved it new pc, but did it on iPad. It took a couple days (if I remember right) but it went smooth. One day I signed on and I was back to my current level, minus friends of course.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Your experience in having game moved to new computer?

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Aug 20, 17 7:28 PM
Howdah wrote:I also know that friends are not imported so I have to make note or their number. Do I have to invite them to be friends again or how does that work?

Yes, you would have to invite them again.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 20, 17 8:56 PM
Please understand how the "moving" process works......

You download the new game to the new computer. Take note of the game ID...

You then contact Customer Support to give them the old and new game IDs.....

They transfer the PROGRESS of the old game to the new game ID...... this is done by over-writing the new game file.....so.....any progress you make on the new ID is over-written with the progress on the old game ID.....

This also means that if you have worked through the first few days of the Castle Challenge on the new ID.....that progress will be over-written and you will be back at Day 1 once that progress is transferred (unless you made progress under the old game ID).

El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

[Post New]by El62 on Aug 20, 17 10:34 PM
quick and smoothly. it took cust. support only two days to do it for me lastyear

alliebdive
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by alliebdive on Aug 21, 17 2:04 AM
It all happened within about 3 hours. I emailed customer service with my old id and my new id and they acknowledged and then did it!!!!! All I then had to do was re-invite all my friends to my new id game. That was the longest bit of the whole process for me. Good luck!

whitemane
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by whitemane on Aug 21, 17 7:22 AM
A msg in the Forum might also be noticed by some of your friends and they would then be able to invite you.

Doc....................

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Aug 22, 17 9:00 PM
It can take a couple of weeks, especially if the customer support group is busy.
I would wait until after the challenge.

Go to: