Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Loss here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 21, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/21/2017 at 8:56:51 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Loss here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 21, 17 8:56 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the Big Fish Games Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can contact our Support Team with the form on that linked page. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Ellijay on Aug 21, 17 4:13 PM
when I tried to open it and play all I got was a white screen

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 22, 17 10:27 AM
Hello Ellijay,

I'm sorry the game only shows a white screen when it's opened and am swimming over to provide some troubleshooting help.

Whenever a game experiences a display error, such as a white screen, I recommend checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver helps determine how the game and the computer's graphics will interact, and installing a newer version can often resolve display issues. Below is a help page containing instructions for this process.

I'd also suggest running the game in Administrator Mode to ensure it has the necessary permissions to access the resources it needs. Please see the help page below for further instruction.

Run Game as Administrator

Should those steps not fix the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by laurel63 on Aug 26, 17 7:22 AM
I am having the same problem with the white screen. I'm using Mac OS 10.9.5 and the various troubleshooting ideas that I can find don't make a difference. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Sometimes if I open and close the game enough times it will suddenly work.

nmjb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by nmjb on Aug 27, 17 12:20 PM
new Mac running OSX 10.12.6.
yesterday, I downloaded the demo, played through it, purchased it and played more.
Now today, the very next day, i'm trying to start it and only get a white screen. I've deleted it, removed it, reinstalled it and my computer MANY, MANY times, still nothing.
please help!!

[Post New]by KatesMomWA on Aug 29, 17 9:39 PM
nmjb wrote:new Mac running OSX 10.12.6.
yesterday, I downloaded the demo, played through it, purchased it and played more.
Now today, the very next day, i'm trying to start it and only get a white screen. I've deleted it, removed it, reinstalled it and my computer MANY, MANY times, still nothing.
please help!!

Re the white screen on the mac. I receive this sometimes with this game and also Pretty Snails. To fix this, I have to swipe right to go back to my desktop, then swipe left back to the game and a smaller black screen will appear in front of the white screen. If I just wait a few seconds, the white screen populates with the game. I can then click on that window and the black screen disappears and the game is there.

FYI in case that helps you.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 31, 17 2:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report what is being experienced while playing Mystery Loss as well as your patience while waiting on a response. It appears that players on Mac are reporting that there is a white screen that will sometimes appear. This display issue can definitely make it impossible to continue playing, and I wanted to provide some suggested steps to try to see if further assistance is necessary or if the issue can be quickly resolved.

For Mac games that have a display issue like what is being reported, the following steps have helped players in the past:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Hopefully that will help resolve that white screen issue. katesMomWA reports a workaround that has worked in their case, and may assist as well. Thanks for swimming by to let us know what has worked for you in the past for a similar situation.

For any problems that continue after trying those suggested steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. Don't hesitate to contact any of our moderators via PM if there are further questions or concerns. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

elderdame
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by elderdame on Sep 3, 17 10:16 AM
I am having the same problem with the white screen as these other folks. The game ran fine as a demo and the first time I played it after purchase, since then I get the white screen.

I am running the game on a 3 year old iMac with the most recent OS. I am up-to-date with my software as far as possible. (I re-installed Adobe Flash and Shockwave to be sure.)

I see the tech says to make she the "video card drive" is up-to-date. How does one do that?

I am willing to try any suggestions within reason. I think, however, it is the game's designers that need to up-date the game to stop the problem.

[Post New]by rr2729 on Sep 4, 17 5:47 PM
I am using an HP Envy running windows 10. Played a few levels after purchase which worked fine. Every attempt to play since then has resulted in a white screen as well. I even deleted and re-installed the game to no avail.

[Post New]by fcec0289ly on Sep 11, 17 10:35 AM
I am have same problem with the white screen I have done ever thing tech said to do but still have a white screen I done ever thing I could think to do but still have a white screen anymore suggest

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 11, 17 1:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like players are reporting an issue where a white screen is presented rather than the game's graphics as expected. Thank you to players who have taken the time to contact our Support Team regarding this. While this issue is being investigated, I wanted to provide some suggestions that might help resolve this issue, as well as how to contact our Support Team if more assistance is necessary.

Since it sounds like players on Windows and Mac are experiencing this issue, I wanted to provide some general steps to take when display issues occur. For Windows players, the following page of steps can assist with display issues such as this:

The following page of steps may assist players on Mac when a display issue occurs:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If those steps do not help resolve the issue or if you've already tried those steps, then please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report and description of what has occurred. Our Reps will be sure to pass along these details to the right teams for their investigation as well as follow up as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other forum moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 09/11/2017 at 1:17:46 PM PST

kiwicrone
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by kiwicrone on Dec 21, 17 6:11 PM
I am on Win 10 and the game had been playing fine for days then instead of playing the selected level it went to white screen during the game], and hasn't appeared since.I have shut it down and restarted I have re installed. I have waited a month then re installed ...still no game. I have checked game updates nothing I am on a laptop that can play Sims 4 and the graphics card, an Nvidia, is up todate

Go to: