Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystic Journey: Tri Peaks Solitaire here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 21, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/21/2017 at 9:47:02 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystic Journey: Tri Peaks Solitaire here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 21, 17 6:31 AM
I was hoping to get another Solitaire game, but this won't be it. Not even half way through the first level, I had a hand that appears impossible to win, at least in 12 tries. It isn't difficulty; it's a simple higher/lower game, but the hand should contain a sufficient number of cards needed to win the hand. This one didn't - at least in 10 of my 12 attempts. I didn't pay much attention the first two times. So, not a purchase for me.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 21, 17 6:48 AM
I had the same experience as jennsmom, the first 6 or 7 levels are doable, then you spend the rest of the demo replaying the same level over and over. Even if you somehow manage to beat the level, with a sparse amount of deck cards, it's impossible to get more than one star!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 21, 17 8:39 AM
Thanks, 5-BN Games, for this great game. I love this game. I am a huge fan of the "one higher or one lower" solitaire games. However, those of us who knows this type of game inside out don't want to play the tutorial. So it would have been great if I could have disabled it.

Be warned: some hands have cards in them that need to be taken off in a certain time (timer cards?). At least that's what it said in the help section.

A big plus for me is that something has to be build, and that we can buy bonuses with the stars we win.

The star system is a little strange, but I like it. When you get 3 stars in a game, and replay this same hand and get either 1, 2 or 3 stars, those will be added to the amount of stars you already have. You can check how many stars in all you have at the top where your profile is.

In order to win each level, you have to have a perfect. I like a challenge in solitaire games, and am glad to see they are included in this game. It's definitely a buy for me.

Forgot to mention: the subtitle of the game is deceiving. It's not a Tri Peaks game.

Edited on 08/21/2017 at 12:52:26 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 21, 17 9:46 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystic Journey: Tri Peaks Solitaire here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystic Journey: Tri Peaks Solitaire.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. In the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

And, finally, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators if there are any further questions. We're all happy to help out and listen as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Aug 21, 17 12:28 PM
pennmom36 wrote:I had the same experience as jennsmom, the first 6 or 7 levels are doable, then you spend the rest of the demo replaying the same level over and over. Even if you somehow manage to beat the level, with a sparse amount of deck cards, it's impossible to get more than one star!

Totally ageee. And also, am sick of all solitare games being high-low. Come on devs, get creative.

[Post New]by momvolpe on Aug 23, 17 12:26 PM
This game is boring. It has all the same problems that others have posted here Iwill try to change. Also it freezes up and cant get out of the game, and cant play any other game because is running and Im not a happy camper

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 23, 17 11:46 PM
I have finished building the boat and reached the second island. Although gameplay could do with some improvement, I still like it a lot.

You don't have to have 3 stars each time to advance in the game, but you need to have a perfect (take all the cards off the table) to get to the next level.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Mystic Journey: Tri Peaks Solitaire here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 24, 17 12:53 AM
Hmmm. Didn't get to the timed cards in my hour's free trial. Those would be interesting, I suppose, but not necessarily attractive.

And as others have said, you can end up re-re-re-playing a level until the stars are aligned well enough to get past it. Don't actually mind that, but I can see how it would frustrate some.

Not a buy for me. I've bought more than enough up-down Golf-style solitaires to keep me forever, and this one doesn't have anything extra that I care about.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Aug 27, 17 9:57 PM
I like a good solitaire game, and this one is very challenging to win.

The timed cards are really insane and if you don't see a card to clear them immediately, don't even bother playing the hand, its all but impossible to flip enough cards to find a match before time runs out. And of course all those possible matches / removable cards are gone unless you are very quick match/remove.

For a half price game, cheaper than a coffee. I am ok with it but they really need better odds at the card draw/flips for new cards. I regularly get 7 or 8 card draws in a row I can't do anything with. Once that happens I just abort the hand as there will be literally no way to finish the game with a perfect.

And if you think having 6 or 7 cards at the end and only 1 card left to clear are good odds to getting one -- think again. I tracked the times I was able to get a card needed when that happened and its around 7%.

I don't know if I will try to finish the game or not. And the thought of having to replay the lower levels at least 60 times to get enough stars to buy boosts is really not my cup of tea.

If you want a challenge this solitaire is for you.

jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by jujus1a on Aug 30, 17 4:25 AM
Waste of Money..
3 islands to visit - 20 levels each island - impossible to get the 3 star rating most of the time.
Even at 50 % off it was not worth it.

Go to: