bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 29, 10 12:05 AM
Sara is back in a new exotic adventure! Design and decorate your ranch and corral exotic animals in this Time Management game.

This is a special Collector's Edition early release. The game is scheduled to be released in 3-4 weeks so, the Collector's Edition is for those who can’t wait to start their exotic ranch. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases counts toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

Experience all the exclusive Collector’s Edition extras!
The Collector’s Edition includes:

* Bonus Freeplay mode
* Exclusive trophies to unlock
* Special titles to discover
* A unique Easter Egg to find

Edited on 05/18/2010 at 2:31:59 PM PST

Re:Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by larascupboard on Apr 29, 10 2:17 AM
Woohoo, been waiting for this game for over a year now. Thank god it finally arrived, though, I did jump the gun and purchase it off the developer a couple of days ago...

Just as exciting as the first game, though based on a tropical island. Lots of fun, lovely fishing adventure bonus levels. You won't go wrong with this version or the first.

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on Apr 29, 10 4:26 AM
i just finished the free one hour play and i am definitely going to buy this game...i already love it.Great graphics , nice story... just perfect.

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Apr 29, 10 10:38 AM
How frantic does this game get? I love the look of it, and the reviews are excellent. I read it has a relaxed mode, so that got my interest. I've only heard good things about Ranch Rush, but I'm not very good with games that get very fast as I get wrist problems. I like the idea of the goals though.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 29, 10 5:51 PM
gailsgame wrote:How frantic does this game get? I love the look of it, and the reviews are excellent. I read it has a relaxed mode, so that got my interest..

All players have to play the about 1/3 of the game in Casual mode. Then Freeplay (untimed) mode unlocks for those who bought the Collector's Edition.

Expert can get VERY challenging if you are trying to get the trophy for never ever failing a level on time.

However, one of the interesting things about Ranch Rush 1 and 2 is that if you do fail a level by running out of time, when you restart your Ranch is at the exact state it was when you failed.

This means you can, if you choose, use your time to "prep" all the machines and animals by giving them all the inputs they need but just letting the outputs stack up.

For example the Juice machine can hold 3 juices on its output tray and the ingredients for 3 more on its input tray.

To prep the machine, you would make all 3 juices but not pick them up, and load up the machine with the ingredients for the next 3.

Then if time runs out, when you restart you can get 6 juices very quickly just by picking up the 3 that are sitting on the output tray and letting the machine make the next 3 you already had lined up.

This technique means that even those who want to play fairly slowly can still eventually finish any level, even Expert 9 Friday, by prepping everything, not picking up the outputs, letting the time run out, and then restarting the day.

It does mean you have to forego getting the Trophy for no time fails, but it gives you a lot of choice over how quickly you want to play even the timed modes.

The other thing is that you can create an action chain that is VERY long in this game. That actually lets you click more slowly, because you the person can be deciding what to do and then clicking while Sara the character is still working her way through things you clicked on earlier.

That's why this series is more of a Resource Management game than a Time Management game. There are no surprises except the occasional machine breakdown. You know what all your orders will be at the start of the day, and you can decide how to handle them without having to ever cilck superfast.

Good luck--I really enjoyed this one!

Robin

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 5:01:05 PM PST

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Apr 30, 10 8:06 AM
robin94122 wrote:
All players have to play through Casual mode. Then at the end of that those who buy the Collector's Edition have the choice of playing either the Expert Mode or the Freeplay (untimed) mode.

Expert can get VERY challenging if you are trying to get the trophy for never ever failing a level on time.

However, one of the interesting things about Ranch Rush 1 and 2 is that if you do fail a level by running out of time, when you restart your Ranch is at the exact state it was when you failed.

This means you can, if you choose, use your time to "prep" all the machines and animals by giving them all the inputs they need but just letting the outputs stack up.

For example the Juice machine can hold 3 juices on its output tray and the ingredients for 3 more on its input tray.

To prep the machine, you would make all 3 juices but not pick them up, and load up the machine with the ingredients for the next 3.

Then if time runs out, when you restart you can get 6 juices very quickly just by picking up the 3 that are sitting on the output tray and letting the machine make the next 3 you already had lined up.

This technique means that even those who want to play fairly slowly can still eventually finish any level, even Expert 9 Friday, by prepping everything, not picking up the outputs, letting the time run out, and then restarting the day.

It does mean you have to forego getting the Trophy for no time fails, but it gives you a lot of choice over how quickly you want to play even the timed modes.

The other thing is that you can create an action chain that is VERY long in this game. That actually lets you click more slowly, because you the person can be deciding what to do and then clicking while Sara the character is still working her way through things you clicked on earlier.

That's why this series is more of a Resource Management game than a Time Management game. There are no surprises except the occasional machine breakdown. You know what all your orders will be at the start of the day, and you can decide how to handle them without having to ever cilck superfast.

Good luck--I really enjoyed this one!

Robin

Thank you very much for your detailed response. I will have to think about it though, as I just read the freeplay is only in the CE and I don't know if my wrist will hold out to justify spending $20. If they put freeplay into the standard I'll be definitely looking at it.

[Post New]by catznap on Apr 30, 10 1:34 PM
You only have to go a couple of "weeks" into casual mode to unlock freeplay.

Go to: