asking for update that is not available?

[Post New]by serendippyme on Aug 21, 17 10:06 AM
Today I started getting the message I cannot visit my friends until I update. I have the latest update and am finishing the palace. I did a manual check for updates but none show for Sunken Secrets.

Re:asking for update that is not available?

[Post New]by Luna50 on Aug 21, 17 10:10 AM
Same here. Ollie moved but no connection to friends

playmegal
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by playmegal on Aug 21, 17 10:19 AM
Same here. I cannot visit anyone island until I do an update that is not available. This is frustrating! What can we do now?

sessemis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sessemis on Aug 21, 17 10:31 AM
I can visit my friends but not my followers and those that ask for help.

[Post New]by Semifreddo on Aug 21, 17 10:59 AM
I have the same problem. Can visit some of the friends and some not. Asks for a update though I have the latest one. And there are no update available.

denilu
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by denilu on Aug 21, 17 11:00 AM
Me too! Can't someone help us! won't let Me visit any of My friends! HELP!

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 21, 17 11:03 AM
To try and keep this discussion together, shall we use the "Ollie Has Moved" thread?

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Aug 21, 17 11:28 AM
I have the same problem. If they give me an island not in my friends or other I can visit them. I turned the computer off trying to get the update symbol, but, no luck. This is trying my patience. smile

cj53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by cj53 on Aug 21, 17 11:52 AM
I DOWNLOADED THE SUNKEN SECRETS AS I WAS GETTING THE ABOVE MESSAGE---SO I UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALED SUNKEN SECRETS AND I AM STILL GETTING THE SAME MESSAGE IN GAME----I LOOKED UP HOW TO UPDATE AND CAN'T FIND APP STORE (UNLESS IT'S WHERE YOU PURCHASE GAMES) AND NO UPDATES FOUND.

HOPE THIS HELPS

SO I FOUND IT HELPFUL INSTEAD OF USING THE ARROWS YOU GET WHEN IN THEIR STORES TO SKIP THAT AND GO TO THEM INDIVIDUALLY AND I CAN GET TO THOSE ISLANDS, SOMETIMES

Edited on 08/21/2017 at 12:05:53 PM PST

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 21, 17 12:24 PM
You don't need to update. You need to wait until your friends or followers will open their games. The update is automatic but people need to open the game first
I have 2 games. In one I was able to visit a few people but I couldn't visit my second game. I have opened that game and the problem has solved
And at the beginning, the game doesn't say "Checking for updates " like usually, when it's opened for the first time. It says something else that I didn't notice when I opened my first game

[Post New]by MrMikester on Aug 21, 17 1:50 PM
Cannot visit some friends here either because it says i need to update. No new update available here. AlexRaluca,How do you have two games ?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 21, 17 2:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know that you are seeing the changes that were made to the game to help players who were seeing Ollie not move out of the way for the new area. It sounds like some players are seeing a message asking them to update despite either already receiving it, or with no update available to download.

This likely means that the friend's island being visited is not currently up to date with the newest update. What we recommend in this case is waiting for a while until that player has had some time to receive that update. After both players are on the same version, they can visit each other's island again without that message getting in the way. Sorry for any confusion that message might've caused.

Thank you for your time and patience! If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Aug 21, 17 2:04 PM
MrMikester wrote:Cannot visit some friends here either because it says i need to update. No new update available here. AlexRaluca,How do you have two games ?

When I downloaded this game, I had multiple users on my PC. I started one, got a id code for it and about one month later I started the game on another user (no downloading was necessary). I got more then one from the moment I downloaded it.

kiwicrone
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by kiwicrone on Aug 21, 17 2:47 PM
Seems to be connected to the guy in the hot air balloon, as on my island he is in the very front of the palace/island area that cannot be cleared yet, left of the gazebo, but when I visit the very few islands that the game is presently allowing me the balloon is over the hedge between the house and right of the gazebo, where he has been before in the game. So I can visit islands where the balloon is in different places!!! but these players are all at a similar level of play and palace building which is the recently opened area. Playing on PC. Electric Crocodile

[Post New]by MrMikester on Aug 22, 17 7:47 AM
Thanks AlexReluca, I'll give it a try!!

michsheps
Clownfish
Clownfish
627 Posts

[Post New]by michsheps on Aug 22, 17 11:47 AM
kiwicrone wrote:Seems to be connected to the guy in the hot air balloon, as on my island he is in the very front of the palace/island area that cannot be cleared yet, left of the gazebo, but when I visit the very few islands that the game is presently allowing me the balloon is over the hedge between the house and right of the gazebo, where he has been before in the game. So I can visit islands where the balloon is in different places!!! but these players are all at a similar level of play and palace building which is the recently opened area. Playing on PC. Electric Crocodile

You can only visit the islands that have updated. Please read the previous Ollie thread

kiwicrone
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by kiwicrone on Aug 22, 17 9:50 PM
Then how come I can get a call for help and when I try to go to that Island I get the same update message? I assume that you have to be playing which means updated to call for help.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Aug 22, 17 11:01 PM
kiwicrone wrote:Then how come I can get a call for help and when I try to go to that Island I get the same update message? I assume that you have to be playing which means updated to call for help.

If you mean the calls for help that appear as announcements, they don't get sent out until a help call has gone unanswered for a long time.
Certainly, if you are seeing green numbers on your friends tab, that's odd.

kiwicrone
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by kiwicrone on Aug 24, 17 2:16 PM
Yet I can still visit ReShon who has not played in some months (still at level 8) nothing has changed on the Island,and who I helped, as my happy face is over their machine and she has not activated the help and I am stuck with that player on my helped list.
I can also visit many others who are inactive and have been for sometime from my followers and helped/helper lists. Simply just going in and playing your game is not all that is needed.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Aug 24, 17 3:47 PM
The inactive people you can visit are two updates behind, at least, they never downloaded the palace update which put Ollie in the wrong place for some people and the next one moved Ollie which prevented us from going to islands who did not move Ollie, it's a whole graphics thing on how we view our own islands compared to how we can view friends islands, that other graphics update we had back in April or whenever it was caused all sorts of havoc with people not being able to see answered help calls and they have been complaining about it ever since. The dead islands on your helped list will be there forever unless they release a game wide activation to close them up which some people say would not be that difficult to do, but every time they fix one problem it seems to cause another

Go to: