cera123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

error code 809

[Post New]by cera123 on Aug 21, 17 10:39 PM
Dire grove set up but the error code 809 comes up when I press play...I have reinstalled it after changing computer running windows 10...have followed the instructions for 809 code....but none of them work

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:error code 809

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 21, 17 11:15 PM
Current fix for games that won't play in windows 10.
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

If this doesn't work then It's also possible that the game won't play because it is too old and is no longer compatible with more modern devices, which eventually happens for all games.

Go to: