bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 29, 10 2:26 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 29, 10 4:32 AM
I only occasionally buy a time-management game. I did enjoy demo-ing this one though, so maybe when it comes out as a regular release in a few weeks, I'll consider it. (I'm a sucker for tropical beaches .)

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Apr 29, 10 11:49 AM
Well that's gone and done it. I thought 'what's the harm in trialing Ranch Rush 2, I can just buy it when it comes out as normal'. Well. I have just completed the hour's demo and now I'm itching to buy it. Took a few rounds to get into, but now I am hooked! To buy or not to buy that is the question. I probably won't buy it till the 1st as I won't fill a punch card, but there is a very good chance I'll buy it then!! I loved it! The graphics are lovely, the storyline is fun and the game play is just as addictive as the first ranch rush. Good luck not buying it as soon as you demo!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 29, 10 12:15 PM
Awesome tm-game. Part 1 is one of my favourites. I wasn`t sure if to buying it as a Collectors Edition, but a very nice fishie wrote me that the extra content are 9 more week (50 levels). I will buy it this week. Great game. Ty

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 29, 10 12:44 PM
Eisteep, l always respect your TM-opinions, but l am not a keen lover of Collectors Edition.
l bought Dinner Dash Boom CE and regret it till today ..
Well, l'll try the demo first.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 29, 10 1:36 PM
Hi Fransje
I am also not a big fan from collectors edition, especially the hog ones (only 10 minutes gameplay more and paying 18 €, too much!) but I think Ranch Rush is worth the 18 € because of the great extra content. I hope you like it too

[Post New]by montauk1 on Apr 29, 10 5:33 PM
LIKE DEMO ALOT NEED TO BE ABLE TO OPT OUT OF THE GAMES!!!

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Apr 29, 10 7:05 PM
I can't get the game to download on my computer. How did you guys do that? What am I supposed to hit? I don't get the usual download button.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Apr 30, 10 9:55 AM
I loved Ranch Rush and really looked forward to Ranch Rush 2 and then they mentioned tropical and I thought that is crazy! Crazy or not it is definitely a winner - I love it, it's the first time I'm really tempted to buy the CE because I want to continue my play time and not wait. I'll have to check my budget for next month.

May 1st came and I bought the CE. I'm loving the game, it took me a few minutes to figure out how to escape getting bullied by the goat - but I have it now. The monkey is adorable and I love catching crabs and fish! I like the fact that more room was created to move things around and expand. The items are still plenty large enough to see. The monkey is adorable. In this game you can actually decorate the island by buying items with the coins you earn fishing. Watch for the crab that opens for a special treat. One thing that did bother me with the CE was I thought there was a strategy guide and there isn't. The extra non timed game is only unlocked after you play so many chapters of your timed game. But you must either finish the game or start a game under a different player name and unlock it to play - otherwise you end up losing the original timed version and will have to start again. It was definitely worth the difference in price on this game to get the game early and to have the free mode game. The music is great as well.

Edited on 05/13/2010 at 12:14:53 PM PST

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 30, 10 11:41 AM
l enjoyed the demo very much.
lovely game, beautiful graphics, nice Weekend games.

But l think l'll wait for the normal version.

[Post New]by zillygal on Apr 30, 10 2:39 PM
Love it! I am already to week 8 and can't quit playing. I love playing it all the way through one time, and then the second time I create a new person and then organize it much better.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 30, 10 5:24 PM
zillygal wrote:Love it! I am already to week 8 and can't quit playing. I love playing it all the way through one time, and then the second time I create a new person and then organize it much better.

If you play through the second time with the same person but in Expert Mode, you'll get a whole new set of orders, so that can be entertaining also. The Expert Mode orders are more items and less time, though, so you may just want to keep playing the Casual mode again.

Robin

pam1500
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by pam1500 on May 2, 10 9:13 AM
I like the game, but for some reason don't find it as compelling as RR1. That one I played over and over, then tried for the 'minimalist' game (where you plant only 3 of each crop, then add only 3 more for each additional machine / animal that uses it).

In this game, zooming all the way out is the only way for me to play as the levels get harder, but then sometimes I'd inadvertantly click the wrong thing and be holding a peacock feather when I meant to pluck the peacock. Part of the challenge! With the closest zoom, it was too easy to mouse near the edge and change the view when I didn't want to. I didn't use the medium zoom at all.

I like the storage benches and the ability to pick up 3 seeds and 5 crates at once.

As in RR1, speedy machines means the machines break a lot!

And, as in RR1, I really enjoy the music, the best by far of any other game I've played.

Initially I went without the decor, but there are so many little corners where you can stick something that I had fun with that. I especially liked the little waving gnome.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on May 2, 10 11:21 AM
Not normally my type of game, but I did enjoy the trial for this one. Kind of catchy. Smooth flow into other scenes, good graphics, no bugs on the trial. I will wait for the regular edition. Hopefully there are no problems like there was in another reg edition that came after a collectors edition. CE played fine, but SE would not play at all, so we'll see!

kempette
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by kempette on May 2, 10 12:13 PM
Clearly I'm missing something silly- it said I had expanded my farm, but it's not letting me put anything on the right side of the river. I try to move things over there & it won't allow it (everything is red). The left side is jam packed! If I have to buy anything else, I'm not going to be able to squeeze it in... I'm laughing at myself because I'm sure the solution is really really easy but obviously it eludes me today. I'm taking this Sunday relaxation a bit too far & not engaging the brain... a little help please? Thanks!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 2, 10 1:36 PM
kempette wrote:Clearly I'm missing something silly- it said I had expanded my farm, but it's not letting me put anything on the right side of the river. I try to move things over there & it won't allow it (everything is red). The left side is jam packed! If I have to buy anything else, I'm not going to be able to squeeze it in... I'm laughing at myself because I'm sure the solution is really really easy but obviously it eludes me today. I'm taking this Sunday relaxation a bit too far & not engaging the brain... a little help please? Thanks!

We try to avoid putting spoilers in the reviews topic, but if you start a new topic in the forum we can answer you there.

Or you could just take a look at the Blog Walkthrough. It has tips and tricks and covers what's involved in being able to get over to that other side.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, use this URL:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/ranch-rush-2-collectors-edition-walkthrough/

Good luck!
Robin

Meldandy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Meldandy on May 4, 10 12:15 PM
I liked Ranch Rush 2 as much as the first game, maybe even more. I will be waiting, however, until the standard version comes out and the price comes down. I have a hard time buying extras I won't use and for that same $20, I could buy a console or PC game with a lot more playability.

kgarrish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kgarrish on May 6, 10 4:17 PM
I hope someone is on that bought the game. What I want to know is the Bonus Freeplay mode. What is that all about? Do we get to make our own ranch and keep playing it if we want or is this a timed play too?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 6, 10 6:02 PM
kgarrish wrote:I hope someone is on that bought the game. What I want to know is the Bonus Freeplay mode. What is that all about? Do we get to make our own ranch and keep playing it if we want or is this a timed play too?

It's untimed, but there are 9 levels and once you complete all 9 levels the Ranch is done and you need to start over. So it's not an endless mode if that's what you're asking.

You can find more detailed in the Blog Walkthrough:

Robin

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 7, 10 1:34 PM
robin94122 wrote:
kgarrish wrote:I hope someone is on that bought the game. What I want to know is the Bonus Freeplay mode. What is that all about? Do we get to make our own ranch and keep playing it if we want or is this a timed play too?

It's untimed, but there are 9 levels and once you complete all 9 levels the Ranch is done and you need to start over. So it's not an endless mode if that's what you're asking.

You can find more detailed in the Blog Walkthrough:

Robin

The developer had posted in another Ranch Rush 2 thread, thats it is not 9 level, its 9 week = over 50 more level.

Go to: