bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 29, 10 2:27 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tuko51 on Apr 29, 10 4:55 PM
i am getting an access violation error any help

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Apr 29, 10 7:02 PM
I can't even get into the game to download it. My computer is not showing where the logo usually says, "Play free for one hour" and then download. Nothing is coming up. What's going on? I really would like to play this game.

[Post New]by isabellesmomster on Apr 30, 10 8:19 AM
I've downloaded it, and played some. Problem is, after playing the first time, going back in to play again it never pops up on the screen. When I press play again, it tells me there's already a game in progress and to end that game or restart my computer. So, I've had to restart my computer 3 times now, just to play this game!

[Post New]by shirl17 on Apr 30, 10 9:34 AM
i hear the music after i download it and hit play now but my screen is black. Why won't the picture show and it has already taken 4 minutes off the playing time

chiklit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by chiklit on May 1, 10 5:53 AM
I'm having somewhat the same problem as isabellesmomster.

Only in my case I downloaded the game fine but have never been able to get it to run. I don't get a blank screen or anything and I don't hear any music. I double-click in the BigFish Games Manager and nothing happens. The Windows Task Manager shows that the game's .exe is there, but is showing 00 for activity (meaning that it's not doing anything).

If I try to restart, the BF Games Manager says that there is already a game running and won't try again.

When I kill the process in Windows Task Manager, BF doesn't indicate that any time has gone by (thank goodness for small favors), but it won't run.

I tried looking through the Help section, but I couldn't find anything on my specific issue. And I more than exceed all of the game requirements.

Too bad, too. I loved the first one and I was really looking forward to playing this one.

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on May 1, 10 2:37 PM
Can't display this game - incompatible video mode - 1024x768 - and its graphics don't look that fancy....

tb412
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by tb412 on May 1, 10 5:44 PM
I was having the same problem but if I closed all windows (including games manager) and just leave Ranch Rush in Task Bar, it worked. By clicking it in Task Bar, it would open. Don't know why - it just worked. It wasn't necessary to restart computer.
Computer uses Vista OS - HTH

[Post New]by LilyJustice on May 1, 10 6:46 PM
I have just downloaded the trial of Ranch Rush 2. The download went fine. However I am having terrible trouble with the cursor - it shakes, disappears & gets a section of a square around it when I do manage to move it. I love this game to bits so I am hoping you will be able to tell me how to rectify this problem. I really want to buy the collector's edition but will not do so whilst this issue persists.

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on May 2, 10 12:50 AM
isabellesmomster wrote:... Problem is, after playing the first time, going back in to play again it never pops up on the screen. When I press play again, it tells me there's already a game in progress and to end that game or restart my computer...

Exactly the same problem. My computer takes ages and ages to restart as well... Oh well,,, off to restart yet again...

[Post New]by michaelz948 on May 2, 10 10:22 AM
I have Access violation problem too. Can you please fix it? Thanks a lot!

MYSQ4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by MYSQ4 on May 2, 10 6:54 PM
Game opens 2 EXE files after the first time played. The only way I can get into it the second time is to delete it and reload it every time I want play it. I have had to do this several times now. You get the message that another game is already running. It does not help to delete one of the exe file from the applications window, because that just closes the whole thing.

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on May 2, 10 8:32 PM
Have tried downloading the game from 3 different sites and same problem each time. Must be them and not us.

[Post New]by Shay1872 on May 3, 10 2:36 AM
I'm getting an access violation error also. It has happened twice. Both instances of the error occur on Friday Week 9 in Expert Mode when I was deleting soil plots. The first time it happened I was mass deleting some bananas (11 tiles). I tried the level again after the crash and when deleting empty plots I did it individually only to get the error and crash again. It didn't happen initially but after several deletes in both cases.

The exact error I received was "Error: Access Violation at 0x10016DB3 (tried to read from 0x00000004), program terminated."

Also, I had stuck goats! I think it was somewhere in Week 7. I bought 2 goats and they just wandered around the farm. I deleted one and repurchased to see if it would rectify itself (it didn't) so I just deleted them altogether and resigned myself to failing the level. When I restarted I bought 2 more. The one goat was okay but the other wandered around like before and eventually got stuck in a patch of wildflowers. I moved the flowers out from under and around him but it didn't work. I kept him to see if he'd fix himself but he didn't, just walked in place for the duration of the level. I don't know if it was the level or just a bad batch of goats. Mercifully, I completed the level with the one goat, replaced the nutty one at the beginning of the next level and all was well. Perhaps it was just a "thing".

Maybe I just have a whizzed install. I sincerely doubt it's a hardware issue but if any techie wants to see specs I can produce a dxdiag.

Thanks. : )

[Post New]by michaelz948 on May 3, 10 6:35 PM
I have Access Violation error twice with 2 games of BFG. None of solution works. And they never reply to my question. I don't know if they care about customers or not. I'm really disappointed

coppermermaid
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by coppermermaid on May 4, 10 3:23 PM
I downloaded the trial version from BF and had no problems. I'm also a GH member and found out they removed it from their site because of problems and will make it available again when it's fixed. Maybe BF will do the same thing. I'm waiting for the regular version to come out before I buy it.

[Post New]by aprilmay_sun on May 4, 10 4:30 PM
i am getting the same access violation error also. i was looking forward to this game. mayge when the regular one comes out it will be ok. i just know i am not paying 20.00 for a game i cant even try. very frustrated also.

[Post New]by Ecclectic on May 5, 10 12:12 AM
I am also getting an access violation code everytime I delete a large patch of soil. I have done everything suggested to fix the problem but it is still occuring. The frustating thing is I have paid for the game. Is there going to be a fix come out or are we just suppose to suffer the consequence?

[Post New]by CathyJohnson4200 on May 5, 10 10:12 AM
I am not able to play at all. I have a 19" monitor but the images are so large that I can only see about half of what I think I should see. I can see part of Sarah's face and what looks to be some type of message board on the far right hand side of my screen. I can not see a menu or any options to change anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I do not have a problem with any other games or software at all so I don't think it is a system problem. What can I do? I need a fix or a refund.

[Post New]by qbuniverse7 on May 5, 10 10:09 PM
during the game, the play will speed up really fast. the timer runs out faster too. has this happened to anyone? it's happened twice to me.

Go to: