Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Leaves 2: The Return here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 23, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/23/2017 at 9:54:19 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Leaves 2: The Return here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Aug 23, 17 6:51 AM
Return to the most frustrating, mind bending realm of Mononino, where those adorable Treefruities are once again in trouble. The gust of wind was nothing compared to a tree cold, and when a tree sneezes, poof! The leaves have scattered once again, so you must search for clues, find useful inventory items, and solve tricky puzzles, to earn your leaves back.

If you don't enjoy solving puzzles without guidance, you won't enjoy this game, there is no hand holding, no how to's, no tutorial, no hints. However, there are plenty of clues, you just have to figure out how to apply those clues. I'll give you an example, so here's fair warning of a SPOILER ALERT in case you want to discover it for yourself (just a clue, not the answer)

-pull down the inventory map, click to get a clue, open the statues head, figure out how to place the keys, figure out what happens when you are correct! END SPOILER ALERT.

Not so easy to figure out the puzzles, certainly not so easy to navigate, but if you're patient, and willing to use neurons, then just go ahead and purchase the game, because the demo isn't long enough to explore all the options, and there's so many leaves to find, enjoy the journey!

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Aug 23, 17 9:02 AM
I am so excited. I loved the first one which we got recently on Big Fish. Yes I got some frustrated at times but that was ok. I played for days. You get to use your mind and actually write down things like old games. New games won't let you remember a code 1-2-3 to open a safe. You have to click on the code to but in inventory - then click to put on the game - (cause you cant remember) then open the safe - never mind the zipper pull and oil for rust.

So please don't let the no walkthrough scare you away. The game does give you little hints and clues. But remember there is an EXCELLANT video step by step on-line when you cant figure things out. I am not too proud to say I use it when needed. The last Leaves- The Journey had an (spoiler) an adorable ending - so hope this one is as good.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 23, 17 9:51 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Leaves 2: The Return here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Leaves 2: The Return.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. In the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

And, finally, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators if there are any further questions. We're all happy to help out and listen as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Aug 24, 17 11:51 AM
First game in a long, long time that actually made me have to THINK!!! If you are tired of all the hand holding and same old, same old, and REALLY want a challenge, this is the game for you! So good, I went and bought the first one too without even trying the demo! Not for the easily frustrated though!!! Good video help online though, when you get stuck!

[Post New]by skunkluvr66 on Aug 26, 17 7:43 AM
Hi Fishies,
Boy do I like these type games. My brain is working overtime and I live it. What drives me crazy sometimes is where are some of the clues hiding? I am greatful that there is a You Tuber out there with help. I was not able to find one of the creatures when I got to the end of the game and I am going in again and try to find them. I saw a post about the hints and I wish I had known about that, it would have helped too. I think if you like to be challenged you will like this game. I finished Leaves 1 too and used the Forum and You Tube as it is no shame not to know, only not go looking for the answer. I can't wait for another game if there is one on the way.

Edited on 08/26/2017 at 7:44:16 AM PST

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Aug 28, 17 6:35 PM
This is a brilliant game. I worked on the first one for weeks, and then this one was released and I couldn't resist. The story is adorable and very challenging. I really strained my brain, and yes, had to use the videos quite a few times. But I was also impressed with how many of the puzzles I could actually solve on my own. I think the developers of these two games are geniuses. I'm just so happy that there are challenging games like this - so thoughtful and magical and charming at the same time. I loved the artwork, the sounds, the odd creatures lurking along the way, & the creativity and imagination that went into making this game. It was so refreshing to see a couple of games released that weren't about a princess in distress, or a kingdom under attack, etc. This game is about solving puzzles/the game and it's a marvelous journey. The only negative thing I have to say about Leaves - The Journey, and Leaves 2 is this - they have totally spoiled me. Only this caliber of game will do from now on, and they are so rare. In spite of that, thank you developers and Big Fish.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Aug 28, 17 6:53 PM
This game, as well as "Leaves the Journey" are the absolute best games I've played in a very long time. They are both so creative and well thought out, I'm amazed at the talent that was able to develop these. Some of the puzzles are VERY challenging, and some are a bit easier. I'm so delighted with myself when I'm able to figure one out on my own. Love it. There is help available without having to get out of the game. On the main page, there is a button "need help?". Of course, you have to solve a puzzle before you get the hint. But the puzzle is doable. I have to say one other thing. I'm one of the group that loathes the use of "gadgets", and I've made that known. These games have a gadget. However, they have created some of the most adorable and funny "inhabitants" that you find with this gadget, even I don't mind using it. I hope this group of artists continue to give us many more of these wonderful, challenging, delightful games. These games are both A+.

Edited on 08/28/2017 at 6:55:06 PM PST

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Sep 6, 17 4:16 PM
I so very much agree with what all that has been said regarding the challenges and the uniqueness of this game....the atmosphere...the delightful creatures. Kudos to the developers and BF for bringing such a thought provoking and imaginative game to us! Such a treat from the norm that is usually offered here.

I had to have a bit of help getting through the first one...Thank you YouTube ...but was able to get through this one with minimal help after I had gotten the gist of the game. Lots of rewarding and 'AHA' moments when you're able to figure out one of the many challenging and often times WOW! puzzles. I'm feeling a bit let down that I've finished the game...wanted it to go on and on....I so hope that there will be a third one!

Edited on 09/06/2017 at 6:06:35 PM PST

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Oct 9, 17 7:04 AM
I've finally finished this game after a week or so of work - kinda dragged out the last few days because I really didn't want to leave this charming little world. The first game took ages and I kept having to resort to the videos to understand basic game play, but it was huge fun and kept my interest all the way through. Now that I know the "ropes" it was much easier to navigate through Leaves 2. The puzzles are great and very involving, especially the last one which is more of a HO puzzle combination, and the inhabitants are surprising and cute. When I got lost part way through, it was my own fault for losing focus on where I was. Note-taking is important here and I have pages of little maps and instructions which I now don't want to throw away (I kept my Myst notebook for years!). These are definitely replayable games. They also have distinct endings, not just "you solved this, thanks." I will be watching closely for another Leaves-world installment from this game developer.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Leaves 2: The Return - Is there going to be a Leaves 3?

[Post New]by A1psyko on Nov 6, 17 11:51 AM
I really really enjoyed this game. The first one did require some help due to not being able to exactly figure it out. This second game - I did figure it out and love that there isn't any hand holding. I had to find my way through it and it is not an easy play in an hour game. Love it Love it.

Is there going to be another like this one? Worth every penny to purchase it and will gladly be in line for the next level. Please please please!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 10, 18 5:26 PM
I have no idea how to play this game. The rate I'm going the leaves will be falling in my own yard by the time I figure it out. Glad I used my free coupon to buy!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jan 17, 18 1:56 PM
I've tried playing again but since I don't understand how to do anything I'm going yo delete it.

Go to: