Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Cursed Gift Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 24, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/24/2017 at 6:55:42 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Cursed Gift Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Aug 24, 17 12:58 AM
The only issue I had with the demo is when opening the cardboard boxes to find matching items. It tweaked out a little bit, but I was able to finish the puzzle. One box with the green vase in it would open a second time, so the vase looked like it wasn't matched. I didn't have any other issues. I'll probably buy it, I'm a fan of this series.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Cursed Gift Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by j62janet on Aug 24, 17 2:17 AM
The problem I have is, it takes along time to actually open up, when it does it plays alright, I had to restart my laptop twice before it opened up, I use Windows 8.1, I will still buy it though, because it does play, I just have to be more patient!

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Aug 24, 17 5:06 AM
I play on windows 10 and found gameplay to be lagging . It took a while to open up and when tried to exit the game froze .

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 24, 17 6:14 AM
D/L the demo, it played just fine. Bought the game and got an error code 5 while attempting to d/l. I am so tired of trying to get BF games to install on my computer. I'm playing on Windows 10 64-bit OS. NVIDIA automatically updates my graphics card. I've even tried turning off McAfee and the firewall. Nothing helps including changing to the alternate method on the GM. This problem has just appeared this year. What in the world has happened to BF of old?

Edited: Success at last. Don't ask me what I did. I tried so many methods I've forgotten. I think I removed all the app data from the demo, re-loaded the demo without going to BF site, just signing in on GM marked it to buy and GM told me I already owned the game and did I want to activate it, told GM "yes" and full game loaded. ??

Edited on 08/24/2017 at 7:16:15 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 24, 17 6:58 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator
Windows 10

If you are on a Windows 10 system and find that the above help article doesn't resolve your issue, please try to adjust your screen resolution with the steps below:

1) Lower your screen resolution. This is generally 1900x1080. Switch to 16001200 or lower.
2) Launch the game.
3) Exit the game.
4) Revert to preferred resolution.

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Aug 24, 17 12:25 PM
There is a bug in the game where you have to shoot the dwarf, I have hit him MORE than 10 times, but only 2 of the 10 times i got him is shown. Please fix this.

[Post New]by Julie4563 on Aug 24, 17 6:37 PM
I had trouble once I put the saw together and put it in the door to saw it would only move a very very little and I had to keep clicking it to go back and forth and it still did not move. Had to finally end the game.

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Aug 25, 17 5:49 AM
RasmusB wrote:There is a bug in the game where you have to shoot the dwarf, I have hit him MORE than 10 times, but only 2 of the 10 times i got him is shown. Please fix this.

It took me a while to realise.......you're not shooting the dwarf. It's the knives you're blocking!!

[Post New]by goodmojo on Aug 25, 17 8:07 AM
Another game that will not start. I have tried everything suggested and still it wont open. The demo played fine. I am also getting tired of having this issue and have now wasted 2 game credits. At first I got error message 5, then changed resolution, updated video card, ran as admin, don't even remeber all that I did.

Addendum Thanks Sazoria, I took off the run as admin, but I also ran a compatibility check and am running for Win 8. Not sure what did it but thank you

Edited on 08/26/2017 at 8:31:21 AM PST

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Aug 25, 17 8:35 AM
@goodmojo
Have you tried the lower resolution fix with the default settings, i.e. without having changed any of the admin mode or compatibility mode stuff or anything else?
Sometimes running as an admin can stop a game from working altogether, and the lower resolution fix, on it's own, does work for a lot of different games.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 25, 17 10:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what is occurring within their game as well as letting others know of their suggestions. It is greatly appreciated.

For players that are having trouble progressing in the game, it is recommended to run the game as an administrator. This allows the game to pull the necessary resources and permissions to run properly. Please refer to the Big Fish Games Help page below:

Run Game as Administrator

goodmojo, thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. sazoria is right that lowering the screen resolution may help resolve this issue. Please be sure that the game isn't running as an administrator before implementing the steps below. Lowering the screen resolution is specific to the Windows 10 operating system. If you are playing on something other than Windows 10, please reach out to our Customer Support Team.

1) Lower the screen resolution. This is normally 1900x1080. Switch to 1600x1200.
2) Launch the game.
3) Exit the game.
4) Revert to preferred resolution.

Thanks everyone for your patience and for your support of other players. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Aug 25, 17 11:14 AM
Ok I am doing a HOP game almost at the end ! We have to put a pearl necklace together but it wont let me pick up the last pearl !! Anyone else have this problem ???

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Aug 25, 17 11:27 AM
Julie4563 wrote:I had trouble once I put the saw together and put it in the door to saw it would only move a very very little and I had to keep clicking it to go back and forth and it still did not move. Had to finally end the game.

If you click and hold the saw going back and forth it will saw through the door !

[Post New]by Ellis_Alexander on Aug 25, 17 3:48 PM
The game froze three times in the first few minutes. The third time it closed and said the trial had expired. We deleted and reloaded the game, and of course it still says the trial expired, although we had played for only a few minutes.

chaela1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by chaela1 on Aug 26, 17 10:50 AM
puzzle on cemetary door not working windows10

[Post New]by amberpuss on Aug 27, 17 3:31 AM
Penny1942 wrote:D/L the demo, it played just fine. Bought the game and got an error code 5 while attempting to d/l. I am so tired of trying to get BF games to install on my computer. I'm playing on Windows 10 64-bit OS. NVIDIA automatically updates my graphics card. I've even tried turning off McAfee and the firewall. Nothing helps including changing to the alternate method on the GM. This problem has just appeared this year. What in the world has happened to BF of old?

Edited: Success at last. Don't ask me what I did. I tried so many methods I've forgotten. I think I removed all the app data from the demo, re-loaded the demo without going to BF site, just signing in on GM marked it to buy and GM told me I already owned the game and did I want to activate it, told GM "yes" and full game loaded. ??

I had the same problem with this and another game and tried everything I could think of. In the end, I deleted the whole thing and reinstalled the game from my purchase history, which worked just fine. Hope this helps someone else.

[Post New]by TheHerb on Aug 27, 17 4:36 PM
played demo, liked game, bought collectors edition but it will not download

[Post New]by LindaJ88 on Aug 28, 17 1:42 PM
The game kept freezing whenever I had to interact with the knights (guards). Had to restart the game each time. Also I have not been able to find the bonus chapter. I played the game twice just in case I missed something.

doobiemom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by doobiemom on Aug 28, 17 7:07 PM
There seems to be a glitch at the cemetery door. I know the order in which I have to put the tiles, but I can't switch the last two tiles I need to make the correct pattern

Edited on 08/28/2017 at 7:08:17 PM PST

Go to: