Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Hidden object-level 186.

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Aug 24, 17 9:02 AM
There is supposed to be a pocket watch to find in this level, but I can't see it. The hint button suggests it is on the far left of the picture. Playing the game in full screen, there is a thick black border and it would appear that the item is underneath this border, but switching to windowed mode, the watch is still not there. I see you can skip the puzzle. but I'd rather not have to!

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Re:Hidden object-level 186.

[Post New]by skpjazz on Aug 24, 17 10:16 AM
Hi Showgirl25,

I've been switching back and forth with another game, so I have only gotten to level 77. But I will keep a watch out for level 186 when I get there.

I hate to admit it, but level 77 is giving me problems, and I can't seem to figure out the strategy yet! I'm sure it must be something so simple that I'm overlooking , since you aren't given that many moves. I also haven't figured out how to get more gold coins, yet. I assumed that there would be levels that would give you more (as in PR, PS, & OR), but maybe the devs decided to make it tougher on us this time around!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 24, 17 10:30 AM
@skpjazz: It was posted in the "more gold" thread that replaying levels 30 or 60 gives you more gold. As for being stuck on level 77, does this mean I should buy the game? LOL

Obviously this is the longest game Intersol's ever done, but I still have to wonder if they cloned any of the levels from their other games.

@Showgirl25: I don't have the game, but have noticed that the HOs are sometimes mis-named by this dev, with occasional unintentional hilarity. Maybe it's a small clock, timer, or wristwatch. If I were going to be more farfetched I might even think they got the "watch" part wrong in the meaning, which could mean the object is possibly something you use to observe things with like a small spyglass?

Edited on 08/24/2017 at 10:58:23 AM PST

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Aug 24, 17 3:30 PM
SynthpopAddict,

I think I've been having a "senior moment" (or 2 or 3), on level 77! Now that I can get more gold, I will play around with the right combination of powerups. I am just now getting back to the game (I haven't played since my earlier post), so I will try and "get my act" together and not let this level defeat me. Of course I don't know yet whether there are cloned levels...but the devs definitely got more creative with the moving tile boards. It's up to you if you want to take a chance on this game, but if I still have trouble with certain levels, I may want your input!

There is more narrative with this story, and even with making allowances with the translation, I'm not quite following everything. I guess it will make "sense" at the end (?). The hidden object scenes are done very well, and the item names are pretty clear so far, but I haven't gotten to level 186 yet!

(BTW, in the MV game, I meant to say battle boards (in lieu of challenge boards) in that you have to play against an opponent by creating bombs or amphora. It was OK for a few levels, but after that I just skipped it.)

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Aug 24, 17 5:21 PM
I had to update in a separate post...I got past level 77, and I am at 91. I would like to expand upon my comment that the hidden object descriptions are "pretty clear". I personally don't have a problem finding them when the translation is not exactly what the items are, but evidently some people are "offended", based on another post in the review thread.
Lighten up, everyone, I doubt if we could do any better if we were translating into russian. Besides, I find it harmlessly humorous. I ran out of time on one of the hidden object levels, because I was looking for an "apple stub" and couldn't stop laughing! I also got thrown off by the sign on the zoo cage that said " Caution, Throw Poop". So what if a coin purse is called a wallet....I found it anyway. However, it did take me a little longer to find the sponge that looked like a loofa! Also, if sardines are in a unique can, I guess tuna can be also. And....in Owl Rescue, it made perfect sense to me that a "nap sack" was a sleeping bag!

Laugh a little, Live a little!!!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 25, 17 6:06 AM
Glad you got past 77 skpjazz. I'm completely with you on the occasional fractured English in Intersol's games. Some players probably don't realize that most "casual" games are made by very small groups of people (less than 10 employees in the company) and they aren't just lacking the bandwidth to do the depth of QA that bigger companies can, but most of these companies are in locations where English is not the native language. I did do proofing of all the game texts for a couple of game designers who have games out on this site, but all of it was on a volunteer basis. I suspect that other casual game companies have to get this type of work done pro bono from volunteers as well, if they have nobody in the organization who is a native speaker.

Apologies for derailing the thread.

Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Aug 26, 17 9:50 AM
Everyone will be glad to know that I completed the game today, but it had a very uninspiring ending. Anyway, I had to skip that HOP at level 186 and this gold pocket watch came whizzing off the edge of the screen! I'd be interested to know how other players get on with it.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 26, 17 2:19 PM
Congrats on finishing the game! How many levels are there, and if you played any of Intersol's other games, are all the levels in Mystery Loss new, or were there any that were cloned? I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to check this one out.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Aug 26, 17 8:00 PM
Showgirl 25,

I am sorry that I got sidetracked regarding your problem with level 186, but I just finished all 210 levels, and I would say that "uninspiring" is putting it mildly for the ending to the story!! Did you follow all of it?? Someone definitely got carried away writing this story, but even taking into consideration the translation problem, I just scratched my head most of the time! At least that part was kind of amusing!

I didn't have a problem seeing the gold pocket watch on my screen, so I don't know what happened on yours. But at least it actually "was" a gold pocket watch!! Unlike the "bean bag" and some others, lol!

To answer SynthpopAddict: there were a few boards that were similar to the other games, but they didn't really "feel" the same. Not sure how to explain it. But you may want to get this game on sale just for the "novelty" of the story.

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Sep 3, 17 7:27 PM
No gold watch for me. Good game with match 3s but story is idiotic and not worth the time. Worthwhile to mimic Candy Crush etc but without using one's own money. Would love to see someone come up with a more coherent version of this game.

Go to: