penguin rescue level 96

[Post New]by loveraidercat on Aug 25, 17 8:53 AM
I never give up playing a game but level 96 has me going crazy, I just can't get the combo's to even get 1 star let along the 3 stars I try for. I will be great full for any help thank you loveraidercat

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:penguin rescue level 96

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 25, 17 11:28 AM
Welcome to the pond!

I'd have to restart the whole game to get to level 96 due to having finished the game some time back and the white screen bug. Can you describe what the goals are for this level in more detail and maybe a bit about how the level looks? Otherwise we'll have to work out a way for you to send me a screenshot.

[Post New]by loveraidercat on Aug 28, 17 11:50 AM
I would like to thank you first for you help,I wasn't sure if anyone would see my post or care, so thank you. On level 96 you have to merge Super penguin with a penguin bomb 2 times and merge a colorful penguin with a super penguin. I guess I don't know the difference between a Super penguin and colorful penguin is. All I know is
I've played level 96 at least 125 times and haven't gotten 1 star. And I've bought all the extra to help but it no use. So again thank you for any help you can offer me.
loveraidercat

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 28, 17 2:26 PM
You're welcome, and I'm glad you came back with the extra info. Here's how you create the different powerups.

Super penguin: match 4 penguins. The super penguin looks like it's got a vertical or horizontal line or snowstorm going around it. If you set off a super penguin by itself, it clears either a column or a row depending on the orientation of the line going around the penguin.

Bomb penguin: match 5 or more penguins in either an L or T shaped match. Looks like a bomb and clears out a 9 space area if set off by itself.

Colorful penguin: match 5 penguins in a straight line. This penguin is the multicolored one wearing a cape and removes all of one color if set off by itself.

Since the level 96 goals are to make 2 combos of super + bomb penguins and 1 combo of colorful + super, you have to make a lot of bigger matches first and then get the requisite specialized penguins lined up to combine them. If you're running low on gold, I think it's levels 30 and 45 that give you more gold for replaying. You don't have to finish the levels, just go back to them, make a match, and exit back to the map and it should start giving you more gold after the second replay.

If you do the combos it's asking for in level 96 correctly, the super + bomb causes a large cross shaped explosion clearing 3 rows and columns, and the colorful + super causes super penguins to appear all over the screen blowing lots of stuff up everywhere...it's quite awesome.

Using the +5 moves and/or the free move powerup ought to help with getting the penguins to line up for the combinations. Good luck and hope that helps!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 30, 17 8:50 AM
On second thought, I just realized that if you try to get all your combos set up at once, you're going to end up exploding all the single powerups by themselves as soon as you create one of the combos. So it's better to work on 1 combo at a time. Anyway, hope you've gotten past 96 by now.

[Post New]by loveraidercat on Sep 2, 17 8:14 AM
I did it!!! Your advice was all I needed to figure out who to get thru level 96. Buying the switching power up was what really helped. So again thank you and I'm already on level 121. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend,

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 3, 17 7:34 AM
Glad to hear you made it through! Level 121 is one of the few timed levels if I'm recalling it correctly. I posted a tips thread elsewhere in this forum with how to do those if you get stuck.

Go to: