Done with Wooden Chest

plduncan
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Done with Wooden Chest

[Post New]by plduncan on Aug 25, 17 5:33 PM
Took 12 pets but I am done. Received wooden chest from Winged Cat, Snow Griffin and Jack o lantern at Castle Gates. Good luck everyone.

das100
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:Done with Wooden Chest

[Post New]by das100 on Aug 25, 17 5:38 PM
got 2... snowman & snow griffin... and NO luck on the third

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Aug 25, 17 5:41 PM
I got 3 wooden chests.......snow griffin, flap eared puppy and hedgehog.....but it only gave me credit for ONE!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 25, 17 5:45 PM
susielee wrote:I got 3 wooden chests.......snow griffin, flap eared puppy and hedgehog.....but it only gave me credit for ONE!

I have never received a wooden chest from the Hedgehog. Are you sure 2 were not rusty chests instead?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Aug 25, 17 5:46 PM
got 1.... tried 13 pets that have been either reliable, or fairly reliable with giving wood chests and only snow griffin gave wood... will wait till this pet recharges and just use it.... (oh, what I did get was a TON of iron,,a couple of silver and a gold from Jack)... these same pets, when I want silver or iron in the future, will give wooden chests.... it's just one of those castle challenge things that makes it a "challenge"....

Rammygirl
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by Rammygirl on Aug 25, 17 5:51 PM
Sounds just like me. I got a gold from Jack too!

Waiting for snow griffen to recharge now. Fed nearly all my pets.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 25, 17 5:58 PM
Something interesting I have noticed on Jack-in-Box.......IF you are still working on the achievement --

Jokers Wild!
1. Use Jack-in-the-Box pet 1 time – 1 diamond
2. Use Jack-in-the-Box pet 5 times -- 3 diamonds
3. Use Jack-in-the-Box pet 20 times – Jester (avatar)

-- he generally gives a gold chest.....

HOWEVER.....IF you have finished this achievement..... he generally gives wooden (especially if fed 2x in same place).....

Griffin gave a wooden....Winged Cat gave Iron this go-around....... Jack-in-Box gave wooden (and I have completed the achievement....plus, haven't fed him in about forever, so I was pleasantly surprised)

Cook gave gold......may try this one in another hour at same location to see if I get the wooden chest..... otherwise, I will wait for Griffin to wake up and use him again.

[Post New]by krispond on Aug 25, 17 6:21 PM
I've fed 23 pets so far and not one wooden chest. Lots of gold, a couple silver and iron. I'll try again tomorrow.

mis_t
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by mis_t on Aug 25, 17 6:36 PM
Fed 16 until I finished this task.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Aug 25, 17 6:58 PM
I have had a lovely time feeding my many and I mean many pets . Level 78 game fed all my 53. Got the third wood with last unfed pet. Lots of coin and over 40 gems.
Level 43 game fed 51 pets and collected my third wood with one pet left unfed.. Lots of coin fewer gems. Bonus from the second game was the Treasure Avatar which gave me that 50 Avatar Achievement.
Now why did I keep feeding. Well first fed the usual suspects in both games neither gave wood. Since I only feed Dq's have an abundance of food in both games and being curious wondered who had the wood. They all came from different pets and all the wood came from pets who almost never give wooden chests.
Good luck to all in finding wooden chests feeding as few pets as possible.
As Always Happy Gaming to All

[Post New]by walkingstar on Aug 25, 17 7:03 PM
27 [!] for me and rusty from the snow griffin!..Gold mostly but without the usual "Haul." It's done but that's all I can say about It. Over & Out. Qatwar

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Aug 25, 17 7:04 PM
Iron chests done... oops wrong challenge. Not so wooden for me tonight.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Aug 25, 17 7:34 PM
All,

I fed pretty much every pat with even an outside chance of giving wooden chests. I got one from the Snow Griffin and one from the Jack-in-the-Box...and nothing else. Even the Winged Cat gave me an iron chest! I'm just going to wait for the Griffin to wake up.

Astra

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Aug 25, 17 7:46 PM
Got the first 2 right away with snow griffin and jack-in-the-box, then after 13 more tries, finally got the last one with the donkey. BUT, the donkey gave me a gold chest on my other (lower level) game. Going to wait for snow griffin and Jack to recharge on the lower level game since they both gave me wooden chests on that one as well.

Good luck to all!!

~Paula

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Aug 25, 17 8:50 PM
I finished this one, too. It took 4 pets. I did the snow griffin for wood. The winged cat gave me rusty/iron. I waited for the snow griffin to wake up and got another wood. Then I remembered that the Jack-in-the-box gives either wood or gold, so I took a chance and got wood number three.

Congrats to all who have finished. And good luck to everyone else. You have a full day, so if all else fails, wait for the snow griffin to wake up and you're most likely to get wood from him.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Aug 25, 17 10:01 PM
All pets fed and fat.
Took way too many to feed to get the 3 on PC. But I did get more gold chests than I ever have gotten, on PC and iPad. Still have one to go on iPad, but I was able to combine getting items and feeding pets with the challenge and -- did I mention more gold chests $$ than I have ever gotten? sorry.. I just couldn't believe it.
Waiting on one pet to refresh so hoping for that last wood chest on iPad.

lizdanny
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,252 Posts

[Post New]by lizdanny on Aug 26, 17 12:04 AM
Fed 24 pets, only got 1 wood from Snow Griffin.

Second round - Got wood from Cook and Baby girl.

Good luck to all.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Aug 26, 17 4:42 AM
Ended up feeding the griffin 3 times for the wood chests and it's done....

Good luck to all those still plugging away...

[Post New]by krispond on Aug 26, 17 10:26 AM
Now up to 65 tries and have 2 wooden chests and my pets are all getting fat. If you want me to quit the game, just tell me!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 26, 17 10:36 AM
krispond wrote:Now up to 65 tries and have 2 wooden chests and my pets are all getting fat. If you want me to quit the game, just tell me!
Is it the same pet that has given wooden? Whether it is just one or 2 different pets..... I would just feed those same 2 pets in the same location each time they woke up until I got the last wooden.

Go to: