Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Donna Brave: And the Strangler of Paris Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 26, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/26/2017 at 10:41:22 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Donna Brave: And the Strangler of Paris Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 26, 17 10:40 AM
Good Morning!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Mac Game Troubleshooting

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.[/color]

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Donna Brave: And the Strangler of Paris Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by mackin on Aug 26, 17 11:40 AM
I recived a error message that my Graphic card not supported I am running windows 7 what can I do

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Donna Brave: And the Strangler of Paris Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 26, 17 4:20 PM
Hello mackin,

I'm sorry the game hasn't been working. When a message says a graphics card isn't supported, that means a new graphics card will be needed in order for the game to run on that computer. I would suggest contacting our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding. Please feel free to PM me or another active Moderator if further questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Melissabar on Sep 1, 17 3:00 PM
Hi!

As I'm playing the game, it will suddenly pause/minimize. I can open it up, click on the pause = - and start playing again. It was worse when I was playing the trial version - I hoped it would be fixed with the paid version and it doesn't happen as often -- but it still happens.
It occurs with no regard for what I'm doing in the game, so I can't connect it to one function.

I'm running Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Evaluation copy Build 16199.rs_prerelease.170513-2252

I realize that I'm running a beta version of Win10 -- but I can play all my other BigFish Games with no problems. Only this one has this issue.

I haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling anything --- is there some way I can save my game progress before I do that?

Thanks --- Melissa

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 1, 17 4:13 PM
@Melissabar
Sometimes when a game is randomly paused and you are taken back to your desktop it's because another programme on your computer is trying to do something.
Have you checked to make sure this is not the case.
Otherwise that's all I've got, repost so that you are visible at the end of this thread (as I'm aware that by replying I've sandwiched in your comment, and if this isn't the case you'll need more help) and wait for all the techie fishies to swim by.
Good luck

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 1, 17 5:16 PM
Hello Melissabar,

It's good to meet you, although I'm sorry your game keeps pausing. Thank you sazoria for reaching out and providing some help, too.

When a game periodically pauses, that indicates a display error might be occurring. The help pages below offer some time-tested solutions for games that freeze.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

The first article will walk you through how to check that the computer's video card driver is fully updated. Since the driver controls how graphics will be displayed, it's a good idea to check to see if the developer has published a new version. Running the game in Administrator Mode -- those instructions appear in the second help page -- will give the game the permissions it needs to access necessary resources.

Should these suggestions not fix the game, I'd recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to offer a new solution.

We appreciate your understanding. Please PM one of the other moderators or me if further questions arise. We'll be glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 2, 17 1:43 AM
Having bought this game it is stuck in download with error message 912. As its stuck here I can't reinstall. I tried going to Big Fish help and it was not available. Please can you help?

Linda

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 3, 17 11:04 PM
Hi

I just wanted to say I did contact Tech Support, and they very kindly gave me a code for a free game. Thank you Big Fish.

Linda

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Donna Brave: And the Strangler of Paris Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by stoler53 on Oct 4, 17 9:45 PM
I played the trial game and purchased the game, however, I have not been able to play it since buying it. I am really frustrated by this. I went to the help section and did as it stated it is still not working. It gets to the activate process and does nothing? Please help! The error Code I get is..806400. I am playing on Windows 10

Edited on 10/04/2017 at 9:55:43 PM PST

Go to: