Jewel Quest 11

[Post New]by PAAZinoh1941 on Aug 27, 17 5:15 AM
Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 , about 4 yrs ago, I have not been able to play Jewel Quest 11. Playing the game has been frustration but I love the game a lot.
What has been more frustrating is the attitude of the site and its servers. What is so difficult about upgrading this game to play in Windows 10? My personal opinion is this is not a very good business practice. Selling a game knowing it won't work is a bit devious. I have tried numerous times to get help but rather than help I get , we will give you credit for another game. These people are really dense. If I wanted another game I would have bought it. I just don't understand how they can get away this this kind of practice. This game is still popular even if it is an old one. I have gone into the forum and there were at least 50 complaints about this game . What's the deal? Seems to me the server I Win and the Big Fish site need to hire better technicians.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Jewel Quest 11

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 27, 17 6:00 AM
Welcome to the pond!

I can understand your frustration with an old game not running on the latest OS, but it's really not a Big Fish issue as they are just the portal and the problem you're having has to do with the game software itself. It might not seem like that long, but the game came out 10 years ago, and anything more than three or four years in the tech world is ancient history. There's no way for developers to know what kind of technology is going to be out in the future when they code their games, so it's pretty inevitable that sooner or later you're going to come across something that simply stops working because it was designed for older technology that isn't being used anymore.

You could try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 but if that doesn't fix the problem there will be no way to work around it, unless you have a computer with an older OS on it somewhere to play the game on.

Go to: