Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

It is worth buying the collectors edition?

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 29, 10 10:31 AM
Hi fishie, I will buying Ranch Rush 2 for sure, but I am thinking if to buying the collectors edition. It is worth the 20 $ (18 € for me)? I have read that the collectors edition have only 9 extralevels. Is this right? Has the "standard version" in a few weeks also 160 levels or less levels? Ty.

khumprp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:It is worth buying the collectors edition?

[Post New]by khumprp on Apr 29, 10 11:39 AM
The Colletors Edition has 9 extra weeks (50+ levels), which take place in a brand new game mode to the Ranch Rush series. There's also additional trophies you can get in the C.E. mode!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 29, 10 12:16 PM
Thank you very much for your answer. I am off to buy it now.

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Apr 29, 10 2:09 PM
Thanks for asking that question Eisteepfirsich. I haven't down loaded the game yet, now I am sure that I will no doubt make the big purchase.

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Apr 29, 10 3:58 PM
It says you get bonus free mode. Does this mean there is no free mode in the standard game?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 29, 10 4:23 PM
NZBloke wrote:It says you get bonus free mode. Does this mean there is no free mode in the standard game?

Yes thats right. The standard game hasn`t a free mode, it is only included in the collectors edition.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 29, 10 7:00 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:
NZBloke wrote:It says you get bonus free mode. Does this mean there is no free mode in the standard game?

Yes thats right. The standard game hasn`t a free mode, it is only included in the collectors edition.

Does that mean free mode from the start ... or do you have to finish the whole game first?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 29, 10 7:25 PM
patnsky wrote:Does that mean free mode from the start ... or do you have to finish the whole game first?

You have to play 3 weeks of the Casual mode to unlock Freeplay mode.

At that point you can go to Freeplay if you like and try it--you're allowed one ranch for each mode per profile, as khumprp pointed out. Just remember to choose Continue when you want to go back to the Ranch in the other mode.

Robin

Edited on 05/01/2010 at 12:38:17 AM PST

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 29, 10 7:39 PM
robin94122 wrote:
patnsky wrote:Does that mean free mode from the start ... or do you have to finish the whole game first?

You have to play about halfway through the Casual mode to unlock Freeplay mode.

Then you have a big decision to make. If you leave Casual mode and start Freeplay mode, you lose your Casual Ranch altogether, so you'll have to start it over at the beginning if you ever want to get ALL the trophies (which require playing all 9 weeks of all modes).

If you don't care about the trophies, then you can switch to Freeplay mode as soon as you've unlocked it.

Robin

Thanks Robin, even in Casual Mode I am not that Quick. Love Ranch 2, am passin.

khumprp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by khumprp on Apr 30, 10 7:45 AM
patnsky wrote:
robin94122 wrote:

You have to play about halfway through the Casual mode to unlock Freeplay mode.

Then you have a big decision to make. If you leave Casual mode and start Freeplay mode, you lose your Casual Ranch altogether, so you'll have to start it over at the beginning if you ever want to get ALL the trophies (which require playing all 9 weeks of all modes).

If you don't care about the trophies, then you can switch to Freeplay mode as soon as you've unlocked it.

Robin

Actually Robin - You can start a new Ranch in Freeplay or Expert mode and it will not hurt your Casual Ranch.

Basically, you can have 1 Casual, 1 Expert, and 1 Freeplay ranch going at the same time... But if you want to start a new Casual / Expert / Freeplay ranch, you'll have to erase your current one, or start a new profile.

Hope that helps!
Thanks Robin, even in Casual Mode I am not that Quick. Love Ranch 2, am passin.

[Post New]by BethnJulia2 on Apr 30, 10 10:03 PM
This is the best game to come along in a while. I've got credits I haven't used. I wouldn't mind spending two of them on this game, but I will not pay out another $20 for it on top of what I already pay each month. Com on Big Fish. Let us use 2 game credits to buy this game.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on May 1, 10 6:39 PM
Looks like the CE is everything the SE should be, but won't. I'm willing to spend 2 Game Credits on this, but I'm not going to pay $20 for a video game.

If this is how Big Fish treats its customers, I'll have to start re-thinking about whether or not I'll remain one.

Go to: