Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Heart's Medicine: Hospital Heat Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 29, 17 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/29/2017 at 6:32:20 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Heart's Medicine: Hospital Heat Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 29, 17 6:38 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help. Checking out the help articles in Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of Customer Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Heart's Medicine: Hospital Heat Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by emofire01 on Aug 30, 17 12:05 PM
Just purchased and downloaded the game. Right before I even started playing, I tried to open the game to Full Screen mode, and it doesn't work! You can select it as an option but nothing happens. If I leave setting, it just resets everything! This is very disappointing, as I prefer to play my games in full screen mode. I use a Mac OSX, version 10.9.5. Please update the game for any bugs like this ASAP!

Brit1976
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Brit1976 on Aug 30, 17 1:29 PM
Having bought games first without the demo and ending up with a problem I know try them first to save the aggravation. This game worked perfectly for the demo the second you buy it glitches, it glitches, it glitches, it glitches, it glitches. This is very annoying.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 30, 17 2:15 PM
Hi emofire01 and Brit1976,

Thank you for taking the time to post what you are experiencing. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present and I definitely want to help point certain Big Fish Games Help pages that have been known to help resolves these issues.

emofire01, it is recommended to refer to the following help page for troubleshooting steps as it is specific to the Mac platform:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Brit1976, I'm sorry that after purchase, the games tend to not work as they should. It may be helpful to run your games as an administrator. This will allow the game to obtain the necessary permissions and resources to run properly. The following help page contains these steps.

Run Game as Administrator

If you find that issues continue to persist, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please reach out to any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by debopaints on Aug 31, 17 7:21 PM
emofire01 wrote:Just purchased and downloaded the game. Right before I even started playing, I tried to open the game to Full Screen mode, and it doesn't work! You can select it as an option but nothing happens. If I leave setting, it just resets everything! This is very disappointing, as I prefer to play my games in full screen mode. I use a Mac OSX, version 10.9.5. Please update the game for any bugs like this ASAP!

Same issue - no full screen mode same person Mac. Also, freezes when I try to buy anything!

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on Sep 1, 17 3:48 PM
Hello,
I was around level 25 when I left the game the usual way.
Now I returned and everything is lost and I have to start at level 1 again.
I hope you will fix this as well!
If this happens again, I dont want to start over a third time...

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 1, 17 4:21 PM
Hello debopaints and unicorn68,

I appreciate your patience while waiting for a response and am swimming over to offer some assistance.

debopaints: When a game won't respond to commands, such as playing in full screen mode, we recommend updating a few key pieces of software. The help page below describes how to do that and which programs to update.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

unicorn68: I'm sorry your progress was lost. To prevent this from happening again, please try running the game with administrator permissions. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs to save properly.

Should these steps not resolve matters, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're equipped to provide more solutions than we can in the forums.

Thank you for your understanding. Please PM me or another moderator if questions or concerns arise. We'll be glad to help.

bfgBeruna

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on Sep 1, 17 5:18 PM
Thank you for the answer Beruna
But I have no idea how to run the game with administrator permission.
I have the administrator permission for the whole PC but not for the game...

[Post New]by Momma_Llama on Sep 2, 17 8:39 AM
I love these games! However, this one has a minor problem... level 29 keeps crashing my computer. Unfortunately I don't have the exact error line as I can't get it to copy, but it keeps saying something about trying to access 0x00000 or some such.

I can't wait for the next game. Thank you for these! (And don't change them! They're hard enough for a non-expert computer mouser to do as they are! LOL!)

nmgirl98
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by nmgirl98 on Sep 3, 17 4:16 PM
Why is the main character (can't remember her name) freezing up in the nursery? Everything else I can click on and move but not here. Frustrating!!!!

[Post New]by khorgan on Sep 4, 17 12:08 PM
That has happened to me now twice on Level 34 about half way through in the same spot, Allison just freezes and I cannot get her to move anywhere.

I was able to get through level 34, I changed the difficulty to easy and never got near the spot where Allison froze. I avoided the bed on the top left which is midway on the left part of the screen.

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 12:56:40 PM PST

[Post New]by iseekgold on Sep 4, 17 9:48 PM
I have problem with the game freezing. I go into buy from the shop and it freezes. I use a mac. What is going on big fish, this is the second game i have bought and have problems with. Getting disappointed with the quality of games.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 11, 17 10:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so, so much for your patience while waiting for a response. I definitely understand how frustrating it would be to have a game freeze while it's being played and am here to offer some guidance.

When a game freezes, I recommend taking a look at whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. Display glitches can sometimes cause a game to freeze, and since the driver handles how graphics display on the screen, installing a new version can sometimes fix the matter. Please see the help page below for those instructions.

It'd also be a good idea to run the game in Administrator Mode. This will ensure that the game has the permissions to access all of the resources it needs to run smoothly. Below is the help article with containing those instructions.

Run Game as Administrator

Should those steps not fix the matter, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're the best equipped to takeover from the forums.

Once again, thank you for your patience. Please PM one of the moderators (myself included) if further questions or concerns arise. We're here and happy to assist.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by rideoutm on Sep 13, 17 11:24 AM
On challenge level 29 I get an access violation message every time. I am using windows 10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 13, 17 5:29 PM
Hello rideoutm,

I'm sorry to hear an access violation was received and am swimming over to provide some troubleshooting assistance.

Access violations are generic errors that happen during the installation process or when a game's being played. It sounds like the access violation was received while playing the game, so I'd suggest checking that the computer's video card driver is up to date. The help page below contains those instructions.

If the game still receives the error message after trying those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience. The Moderation Team and I are always available via a PM, so please reach out if more questions come up. Until then, have a lovely day.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by membree on Sep 17, 17 8:19 PM
I'm having a ton of trouble in the full screen mode. Trying to click "Skip" takes me to my desktop - minimizes the game. I can't complete challenge 18 because the diapers are at the bottom of the screen and every time I click on them the game minimizes and takes me to my desktop - it is super frustrating and i would really like a refund.

McKoehn
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by McKoehn on Sep 23, 17 11:10 AM
On level 38 the main character freezes up and can't move. It has happened at different spots after restarting the level.

Go to: