Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Tales: The White Lady here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 1, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/01/2017 at 5:28:08 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Tales: The White Lady here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 1, 17 5:28 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Grim Tales: The White Lady here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Tales: The White Lady.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 2, 17 3:36 PM
The review page blurb asks if I can save my nephew from an unimaginable fate, but I have a huge imagination! I haven't finished playing the entire game yet, but I did check out this Standard Edition version, midstream of the Collector's Edition version that I purchased. For me personally, I prefer the CE version, because I love Morphing Objects and collectibles, so if you don't care about those features, this version is perfectly fine. One thing I did notice (both versions) is that the children's characters are really cartoonish, and for the life of me, I can't understand why! I remember playing the beta version of Bloody Mary several years ago, and in one of the scenes, there as a class picture hanging on the wall, that required some type of interaction. On the survey afterwards, I asked why the picture of the children was so cartoonish and fake looking, when all the other characters and animals etc.were fantastically realistic. They actually did change the picture to look slightly more realistic, but it was still cartoonish and looked out of place, it was a photo, not a drawing by one of the kids. That's all worthless information, but after seeing those same cartoonish graphics again in The White Lady, I have to wonder why their graphics department still can't portrait more realistic, lifelike kids after 4 years! Other than that flaw, this is a great game, not the best Grim Tales, but a solid game with good entertainment value.

GRIM TALES GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating

1--The Bride (November 19-11) 3.8
2-The Legacy (January 5-12) 4.6
3-The Wishes (July 12-12) 4.5
4-The Stone Queen (January 3-13) 3.9
5-Bloody Mary (August 1-13) 4.3
6-The Vengeance (May 15-14) 4.5
7-Color of Fright (November 6-14) 3.8
8-The Final Suspect (May 16-15) 3.8
9-Threads of Destiny (October 7-15) 3.9
10-The Heir (February 25-16) 4.3
11-Crimson Hollow (August 25-16) 4.1
12-Graywitch (February 2-17) 4.0
13-The White Lady (August 3-17) 3.9

You can read my full review on the main sales page, but in a nutshell, these are the features available in the Collector's Edition: 1 Screensaver, 8 Wallpapers, 8 Concept Art pictures, 5 Music Soundtracks 20 Achievements to earn, Archives, 36 Collectible Emblem pieces, Morphing Objects, 14 Portraits, a Secret Room, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Nov 11, 17 4:05 PM
Just finished this one; it was not a bad game but could have been better.
I skipped the Collector's Edition since the extras were not enough to get pay the extra money.
My main gripe with this game is the ending. very abrupt.
The gameplay was fine, but the graphics were very dark and for older eyes very hard to see.
Judge for yourself, on a scale of 1-10 I would say this is only about a 5.

CelticCoco

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Nov 27, 17 12:48 PM
Based on completed SE:

Great graphics, good animation and VOs but that's about it.

Story is same 'ol "soul-consuming dude with the goal of eternal life" stuff. Most puzzles and mini-games weren't interesting or challenging. It's also time-consuming thanks to all that unnecessary back-and-forth. Overall, all of this makes it quite boring plus the usual "find and fit" many trinkets/ pieces/ shapes.

Could've been so much better with more editing or a slightly more developed story.....or so I think as there was a lot of effort put into its making. It doesn't live up to the standard of the series - too bad!

Go to: