Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Forgotten Sins Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 2, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/02/2017 at 10:03:02 AM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Forgotten Sins Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 2, 17 3:39 AM
It's 3:30 am here, & I'm too tired at the moment to go into all the details, but I wanted to throw out a couple of quick "snapshots": (1) Having completed the demo, this game looks really good to me so far, in terms of fun, level of challenge, graphics, collectibles, & especially, storyline. Unfortunately, (2) I had some problems w/ it, which included freezing (once), dropping to my desktop (once), & lagging & a floaty cursor (which seemed to have smoothed out towards the end of the demo). I'll be watching the tech issues thread & hoping for the best, as this is a game I'm really interested in.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Whispered Secrets: Forgotten Sins Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Sep 2, 17 4:43 AM
I had the same technical problems as you, nextgengranny, playing on Windows 10. Luckily, it played perfectly on my Mac and I bought it. It's a very good game.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 2, 17 4:50 AM
I have Windows 8.1, & have never had problems, hence my concern. I have to admit, I envy you, as it does look like a very good game. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 2, 17 5:00 AM
Oh...& unfortunately, when the game froze, I had to go back & start over w/ a new profile, & by the time I completed the demo, my time was up. Otherwise, I'd try uninstalling & reinstalling, but it won't do me any good w/o being able to try playing it again.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 2, 17 5:53 AM
@nextgengranny

It's 3:30 in the morning, maybe your computer is just tired lol

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 2, 17 5:57 AM
@pennmom36, But I gave it ...

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 2, 17 7:46 AM
Finally! A game that doesn't take place in a haunted house, and doesn't involve Princesses or glitter! I absolutely love the fresh storyline and locale, I think I even got a little sand in my shoes! Although I'm not a fan of unrealistic gadgets that find hidden symbols, I'm willing to overlook this feature, because of the storyline. Whispered Secrets also has a unique feature, of finding hidden caches with photographs you find during the adventure, by aligning the photo with the correct area of a scene. This Collector's Edition version has 74 hidden Crystals, usually two in each scene (there is a pull out tab that shows if you have located all crystals in that scene) I will admit, that some of these are very well hidden, nearly impossible to spot in some scenes. I enjoyed searching for them, but I don't think offering a bunch of crystals is worthy enough to constitute the CE price, unless you take advantage of the 2 for 1 Labor Day sale, however, it does offer 2 Bonus Chapters!

WHISPERED SECRETS GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
1- The Story of Tideville (October 7-12) 3.9
2- Into The Beyond (November 14-13) 4.1
3- Into The Wind (October 4-14) 4.2
4- Golden Silence (August 6-15) 4.2
5- Everburning Candle (March 31-16) 4.5
6- Song of Sorrow (November 12-16) 3.7
7- Forgotten Sins (September 2-17) n/a
This Collector's Edition has replayable Hidden Object Scenes and Mini Games, replayable Movie Videos, 8 Music Soundtracks, 10 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Art Workshop pictures, 74 Collectible Crystals, a built in Strategy Guide and two Bonus Chapters Her Shattered Dreams & His Frenzy, enjoy!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 2, 17 10:00 AM
Greetings Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Whispered Secrets: Forgotten Sins Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Whispered Secrets: Forgotten Sins Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 2, 17 10:08 AM
Based on the demo: I enjoyed playing this (despite the frustrations detailed above). The setting is different, & the graphics, imo, are well done & work nicely w/ it. Gameplay has involved a good mix of HO scenes & mini-games, & I found the pace to be fairly good (which, for me, mostly means that I never felt like I was cooling my heels, guddling around w/ a mountain of minutiae). If you've played many games by this dev, you'll recognize some things, but nothing they've overdone. Most of the mini-games presented so far haven't been overtaxing, but most of them do require some thought, & this dev generally ups the ante in that regard as the game progresses. The collectibles are sometimes very challenging to spot, as they're of a variety of shapes & colors, & at times, somewhat translucent. What really hooked me, though, was the direction the story went in near the end of the demo. It's the kind of thing that makes me inwardly rub my hands together & cackle w/ glee, as it's right up my alley, & this dev's, as well, so I expect good things to come. As my demo was interrupted, I'm unsure how long it took to play, but my guess would be around 70 minutes or so. All in all, this looks to be a decent game to me, so I definitely recommend doing the demo, & seeing what you think. Happy Saturday, all.

Post Script: Unfortunately, having now purchased & played the game, I have to say it didn't really live up to my expectations. I won't go into all the details, as I just got done doing that in a review for the sales page, but suffice it to say I rated it three stars. It's an average good game; I was just hoping for great.

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 4:45:15 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Sep 2, 17 12:28 PM
I'm really enjoying game! Its not my regular fairy tale, but really after a dry spell of demons ghosts monsters, this is a breath of fresh air! Did have a problem at 1st game not accepting that I purchased it. Did a couple of tricks got it going! Not sure if that's what did it or a delay in accepting my purchase! That's happened before w/ new games! I'm playing on W10 PC!
BF PLEASE! Keep these kind of games going & Ill love you to death!
Like variety of HOs, Seems like a long game too! So I'm as happy as a pig in mud!
It may not be everyone's cup of tea! But its only fair to be kind to others differences!
All I can say for me is Woo Hoo!!!!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Sep 2, 17 1:41 PM
The game had promise, but really missed the mark. New setting for a tired theme of unsuspecting person finding or buying an ancient artifact and unleashing a demon/ unscrupulous human bent on destructive revenge. Names are similar to a certain genie-themed movie from a very popular movie/TV/theme park franchise. the devs have given us another gimmicky gadget that requires finding symbols again to activate it, and even threw in a broken zipper pull just in case we were missing it. I really wanted to like this game, but the CE is a no buy for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 2, 17 2:23 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to those who do a much better job than I. This makes #7 in this series. Graphics and animation are very well done, with eye movements and the like, making it more realistic. Again, the colors are a little muted, mostly in the outdoor scenes, but still quite nice. Maybe it's the bright sun of the desert that causes the colors to fade a bit. Inside colors are very bright and true. Voices are age and character appropriate and we do not have to choose dialog! Voices do speak with emotion and the animation reflects the emotion quite well, and you can click through dialog if you read faster than they speak. Music is appropriate for the setting and is quite soothing until something is about to happen. The sound fx are very realistic, right down to that nasty snake. So far, we have only had one. There seemed to be a little more character interaction in this addition.

HOPs are varied, with straight lists, find and replace items and interactive lists as well. I did not see that you could switch to something different, but I really wasn't looking for it either. The HOPs are well done and the scenes are clear. Items are not difficult to find. Puzzles are the usual variety, and mostly simple. However, I did run across a couple that took me a bit of time and thought to complete. Instead of a helpful friend, we have a cube that helps dispel evil magic sand left by the bad guy. When you use it, you have to find symbols. I don't much care for this type of puzzle, but it was okay. If you have difficulty finding anything, just wait a second and a twinkle of light will point the way. It's not used that much, and so far we don't have any of the annoying line draw type puzzles. Occasionally we find a photo with the "x" that marks the spot. These help give you more insight into the story and also give you items to help as you progress through the game. The hint system is very helpful and we do have a transport feature in this one, which comes in quite handy since we to back track to longer locations quite a lot. The jump map is also very helpful in case you get stuck and aren't sure where to go next.

Collectibles aren't too bad, but not really much either. We have 74 crystals of various shapes to find. So far there are two in each scene. This is the real challenge to this game, as the crystals are blended into background and colors, making them difficult to see. I figured out the secret to find them, but I won't give that away. I still like having morphing items thrown into a game, even if they are just in the HOPs. A little more challenge.

This story was a little different, mostly because of the setting and era. There is no lag time in the story and it is easy to follow, which makes it more interesting. I found the need to continue on and see what happens in this one. It is a very nice addition to this series and one I think most all levels of players will find this one fun and interesting for one reason or another. I gave this one a 4.25 on my scale. Yes, I will add this one to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews!

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Sep 2, 17 8:40 PM
This game had some potential with a change of scenery, and could have offered a different storyline. Alas, it didn't. Same old "bad guy" disappearing in a puff of smoke stealing away with persons who you, the detective, have to find and save. Then there's that magic cube. Good grief! Are you kidding me? I might have overlooked the slow, jumpy cursor if this game had something different to offer. As it didn't, I'm going to pass.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 3, 17 8:02 AM
The first thing that striked me when I came to the first scene was how multi-coloured the room was. I am so tired of the one-coloured games (usually blue shades with a touch of violet/red), and it was a delight to see a game that has colours.

I am disappointed in the collectables in that I can't see them unless I consult the SG. They simply fade too much into the background. If I am going to buy the CE, I won't bother looking for them. No fun when I have to check the SG first.

I loved what I have played so far. Liked the puzzles, which I was able to do, and the HOS. Also liked the characters and their voices.

Story is a bit old. In a lot of games I keep having to travel to excavation places where evil has been unleashed. I am also not a big fan of the "find 7 symbols" thing. Again, been there, done that. Otherwise a fun game.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Sep 3, 17 1:46 PM
Just finished 1st chapter! I'm usually the complainer, but I'm really enjoying game!I feel there's lots of variety! I don't see it same too much of same theme, but that's my opinion! & tend to be picky

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 3, 17 8:55 PM
@nanafraser, I have to admit, I thought of you when I demoed this, wondering if the "sand spirit" would be a turn off for you. Glad to hear it wasn't, & that you're enjoying the game. Regards, nextgengranny

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Sep 5, 17 1:11 AM
Sorry, this is a definite no buy for me ...even though the graphics are very colorful and beautiful, there are waayyyy too many puzzles in this game to even consider buying....I found the crystals difficult to find as well....had to turn the music off, was very annoying to me....but those of you that love the game, enjoy!

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Sep 5, 17 12:19 PM
Pickles77 wrote:Sorry, this is a definite no buy for me ...even though the graphics are very colorful and beautiful, there are waayyyy too many puzzles in this game to even consider buying....I found the crystals difficult to find as well....had to turn the music off, was very annoying to me....but those of you that love the game, enjoy!

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm tired of buying HOGs only to find out they're really puzzle games with some HOs thrown in. I don't like most of the puzzles in these games and skip them which reduces the number of minutes I get for game play.

So it looks like a no-go for me. I do hate to pass up genies though.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 9, 17 10:23 AM
I just wanted to add to my above comment that this game is not just beautifully colourful, but interesting: interesting story, and interesting sites to visit. Love it.

Go to: