Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 3, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/03/2017 at 8:55:15 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Order Zero here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 3, 17 8:55 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vermillion Watch: Order Zero here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vermillion Watch: Order Zero.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. In the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Finally, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators if there are any further questions. We're all happy to help out and listen as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 3, 17 12:11 PM
One of the features I love about Vermillion Watch, is that they have different areas to investigate, and you can choose which areas or chapters you want to play in whatever sequence you choose. In Order Zero, The areas you'll investigate are the Zoological Garden, Ahab's Ship and the Museum, all of them are unique, and even though they are all part of the same investigation, it's like playing three different games! I also love the London factoids they give, when the game is loading, such as the fact that the Victorian London Postal Service ran deliveries 12 times a day! The graphics are really good, and the characters are very lifelike, this is a solid game throughout, one that actually peaks after the demo, in my opinion.

VERMILLION WATCH GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
1-Moorgate Accord (June 23-16) 3.8
2-Fleshbound (December 31-16) 3.7
3-Order Zero (August 5-17) 3.9

The Collector's Edition has 15 Achievements to earn, 9 Concept Art pictures, 9 Wallpapers, 9 Before and After Dev pictures, 13 replayable Movie Videos, 12 Music Soundtracks, 14 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, 14 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, Collectible item searches and a Souvenir Room, Collectible Ruby Boots, 31 replayable Mini Games, 42 Hidden Stars, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 4, 17 11:24 AM
Bought the CE and loved the game. For me this is the best "Vermillion Watch" so far.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Sep 22, 17 12:44 PM
Based on completed game: x many!

This game is a work of love and it's showin' in my review. I was completely immersed in the story, fab. graphics, cut scenes, great HOPs and friggin' fantastic puzzles!

I actually liked the way it was divided into diff. parts & locations which also made it a really long game.

Only minor complaint was the lack of a skip button (or help) for 2 areas - the planets (on top of the staircase) and that big water tank. For the life of me, I couldn't fathom what was needed. I hate checking the WT but had to for these 2 bits.

Love the way this team constantly improves their game - kudos!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 24, 17 12:39 PM

Oh dear, I seem to be swimming against the tide here. When I saw the names of the other characters it was, for me, a deal breaker and spoiled the game. What a load of old tosh, couldn't they think of some original names?

I enjoyed the other Vermillion games and, as usual, there were really superb graphics in this one. However, the plot was so convoluted that I lost it.

IMO there are too many puzzles in HOP games but maybe that is because I don't have the patience to sit and work them out. I just want to get moving and get on with the story.

This game is not for me but it will suit many other players. I bought it because of the Vermillion title, I should have done the demo and saved my money.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 26, 18 8:25 PM
layzeedaisy wrote:
"I enjoyed the other Vermillion games and, as usual, there were really superb graphics in this one. However, the plot was so convoluted that I lost it.

IMO there are too many puzzles in HOP games but maybe that is because I don't have the patience to sit and work them out. I just want to get moving and get on with the story.

This game is not for me but it will suit many other players. I bought it because of the Vermillion title, I should have done the demo and saved my money.
"

What to say, I both enjoyed and disliked this game. It was the numerous Mini-games that I disliked. Some had no 'skip' button so tough if your mouse and hand couldn't get accurate enough to complete in a timely way. Plus I don't enjoy feeling stupid when I couldn't read the minds of the Dev's as to what was expected to be accomplished in some of the Minis'.
The story-line was just fine and so were the graphics so it is truely a toss-up to score this one.
So I'm going to give this one a for everything else but the Mini's and lack of hog scenes which I'm giving a on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

Go to: