bfgFlounder
12,510 Posts

Flying Fish Quest

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 17 12:29 AM
Dolly, the little fish and Tim, her sea-horse friend live in a beautiful undersea world. Dolly is a flying fish and likes to fly out of the water to enjoy the warmth of the sun. One day, it suddenly grows darker right in the middle of the day! As the darkness sets in, Dolly and Tim become more and more concerned. Help them on their journey to save their beloved lagoon and overcome many puzzles and obstacles along the way!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,571 Posts

Re:Flying Fish Quest

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 4, 17 6:12 AM
I didn't play this at all, but if it's the latest game from Intersol, they really need to stop making the same game over and over based upon how the screenshots look. Also, based upon the screenshots, if you're going to make a limited moves M3 please don't make it look like a kid's game. I can see players thinking this is going to be some kids/chillout game and getting a rude awakening.

skpjazz
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Sep 4, 17 1:37 PM
First of all, I agree with everything that SynthpopAddict said!

However........I did demo this game -- I couldn't resist to see if Intersol made any "real" changes to their game. There were a few shifting around of locations for gold levels and boosters, and they went back to the hidden objects within the map (instead of HO levels and a disastrous attempt of a story as in Mystery Loss). The basic concept of the game is the same as the other four, and there are variations of the moving tile boards, along with removing obstacles, collecting fish of a certain color, bringing down components, and creating various combos of "super fish". So far everything is basically the same as Penguin Rescue, Pretty Snails, and Owl Rescue, except (of course) everything is "fish-related".

I will admit that it was a "feel-good" game to me, in that the fish were a delight to watch and the music was uplifting. Having played the previous four games, I found it amusing to see how the boosters/powerups were transformed into "fishy" effects and names. I've only played a few levels, but I'm sure that there will be some cloned boards from the other games, but so far, it doesn't matter to me, because I've focused on the fish!

I don't mind the limited moves, but I know that a lot of players do. You would think that Intersol would read the objections and "no-buys" from these players and include an option for a relaxed mode.

I have said this in other forums -- but I would love to see Intersol create a totally new concept for a M3 game, even though I love the current concept...it does get old after a while! I fell in love with Intersol's Penguin Rescue, in spite of the technical issues surrounding that game. At least those bugs were worked out for the later games, but IMO it's time for Intersol to use their wonderful creative skills for something new.

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 1:49:18 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,571 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 5, 17 8:57 AM
Hi skpjazz, good to see you here, and thanks for confirming my suspicion that this was the latest offering from Intersol. To me they must be overly focused on profit margin as they put out a new game every month ever since Penguin Rescue came out. That's crazy fast for new releases as other games I've played from other companies take a year or more to make. If Intersol would back off their production schedule it would help them make better games in the long run, but that's just my opinion.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,571 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 12, 17 10:11 AM
I said I wasn't going to play it, but I was bored so finally demoed it and now I'm hooked! I must just be a sucker for fish and anemones LOL. And it's nice that they used something that looks like seaweed that spreads over the screen in some levels instead of those gastroenteritis-looking tiles from Owl Rescue.

Have only played 12 levels so far, but it appears harder than the early games Intersol released. Not much in the way of playing instructions either, but if you played any of the earlier games you'll be able to figure out what everything does.

[update] A little further along now at level 33. This time, Intersol switched the sequence of their cloned levels, so many of the levels which once appeared much later in earlier games now show up very early on, accounting for the extra challenge. They are not in the same order as the other games. I'm curious as to what the last third of the game will be like at this point, as it seems that they're going to run out of cloned levels by then. Excessive copying of things aside, I still love those cute fish and how they're animated!

Another observation: There appears to be no "water shock" powerup to add moves to the dynamite. Guess that would make sense since, well, you're underwater in this game LOL!

Edited on 10/14/2017 at 9:52:07 AM PST

skpjazz
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Oct 17, 17 2:53 PM
Hi SynthpopAddict!

I just now noticed your posts in this forum! To be honest, I couldn't figure out why you didn't at least demo it sooner, but since there hasn't been much to play lately, it doesn't surprise me that you broke down and tried it! I knew that you would probably get a "kick" out of the fish animation, as well as some of the HO descriptions. When I was first playing this game, I remember thinking that you would get a chuckle out of the "sheep wheel"! There would have been more to share with you, if you had played sooner -- but nooo -- you just "had" to pass on it, LOL!!

BTW, when you referenced the gastroenteritis-looking tiles in Owl Rescue in a different forum, I went back and played to refresh my memory. It all came back to me, because originally I saw what you were seeing, but I chose to see them as "chocolate turtles" or some type of nutty candy instead! Also, I probably should know this, but do you know what the round white spiky things are supposed to be (in FFQ)? (Nevermind, I looked it up --- one of the many, many sea anemones)

I really miss participating in a forum for a new, challenging, interesting game --- where there is a lot of participation. When is it coming?

Afterthought question: the person in the thread for level 90 had sent me a PM, asking for further help. After I wrote the reply in this forum, I never heard back from them. If you read my explanation, did it make sense to you? What I told him/her, was not necessarily how I won the level, but I was hoping that might be a way of winning it if someone didn't know all the in's and out's.

Edited on 10/17/2017 at 3:19:40 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,571 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 17, 17 10:02 PM
Nice to see you again skpjazz! Yeah, I was seriously resisting playing FFQ because I'd thought I'd seen it all with Intersol's earlier games already, but better late than never. LOL my new favorite phrase has got to be "Dang youuuuu, squiiiiiiiiiids". But I am the type of sick fishie who likes twisted stuff like this in spite of the extra challenge, heh!

Wouldn't have thought the round spiky things were a type of sea anemone; thanks for that tidbit. I was thinking they were just spiky balls or maybe chunks of coral.

Your post in the level 90 thread made sense to me. I don't remember exactly what I did, but upon looking at the level again, I think I might have picked the shell powerup to start with and used it to break the ice off one set of powerups at the bottom to make one combo right away, then that combo opened up all the other ice blocks so I could make a second one. For the third bomb + super I either used free moves or landing net to make/move the powerups together.

Go to: