bfgFlounder
12,344 Posts

Flying Fish Quest

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 17 12:29 AM
Dolly, the little fish and Tim, her sea-horse friend live in a beautiful undersea world. Dolly is a flying fish and likes to fly out of the water to enjoy the warmth of the sun. One day, it suddenly grows darker right in the middle of the day! As the darkness sets in, Dolly and Tim become more and more concerned. Help them on their journey to save their beloved lagoon and overcome many puzzles and obstacles along the way!

Re:Flying Fish Quest

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 4, 17 6:12 AM
I didn't play this at all, but if it's the latest game from Intersol, they really need to stop making the same game over and over based upon how the screenshots look. Also, based upon the screenshots, if you're going to make a limited moves M3 please don't make it look like a kid's game. I can see players thinking this is going to be some kids/chillout game and getting a rude awakening.

skpjazz
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Sep 4, 17 1:37 PM
First of all, I agree with everything that SynthpopAddict said!

However........I did demo this game -- I couldn't resist to see if Intersol made any "real" changes to their game. There were a few shifting around of locations for gold levels and boosters, and they went back to the hidden objects within the map (instead of HO levels and a disastrous attempt of a story as in Mystery Loss). The basic concept of the game is the same as the other four, and there are variations of the moving tile boards, along with removing obstacles, collecting fish of a certain color, bringing down components, and creating various combos of "super fish". So far everything is basically the same as Penguin Rescue, Pretty Snails, and Owl Rescue, except (of course) everything is "fish-related".

I will admit that it was a "feel-good" game to me, in that the fish were a delight to watch and the music was uplifting. Having played the previous four games, I found it amusing to see how the boosters/powerups were transformed into "fishy" effects and names. I've only played a few levels, but I'm sure that there will be some cloned boards from the other games, but so far, it doesn't matter to me, because I've focused on the fish!

I don't mind the limited moves, but I know that a lot of players do. You would think that Intersol would read the objections and "no-buys" from these players and include an option for a relaxed mode.

I have said this in other forums -- but I would love to see Intersol create a totally new concept for a M3 game, even though I love the current concept...it does get old after a while! I fell in love with Intersol's Penguin Rescue, in spite of the technical issues surrounding that game. At least those bugs were worked out for the later games, but IMO it's time for Intersol to use their wonderful creative skills for something new.

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 1:49:18 PM PST

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 5, 17 8:57 AM
Hi skpjazz, good to see you here, and thanks for confirming my suspicion that this was the latest offering from Intersol. To me they must be overly focused on profit margin as they put out a new game every month ever since Penguin Rescue came out. That's crazy fast for new releases as other games I've played from other companies take a year or more to make. If Intersol would back off their production schedule it would help them make better games in the long run, but that's just my opinion.

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 12, 17 10:11 AM
I said I wasn't going to play it, but I was bored so finally demoed it and now I'm hooked! I must just be a sucker for fish and anemones LOL. And it's nice that they used something that looks like seaweed that spreads over the screen in some levels instead of those gastroenteritis-looking tiles from Owl Rescue.

Have only played 12 levels so far, but it appears harder than the early games Intersol released. Not much in the way of playing instructions either, but if you played any of the earlier games you'll be able to figure out what everything does.

[update] A little further along now at level 33. This time, Intersol switched the sequence of their cloned levels, so many of the levels which once appeared much later in earlier games now show up very early on, accounting for the extra challenge. They are not in the same order as the other games. I'm curious as to what the last third of the game will be like at this point, as it seems that they're going to run out of cloned levels by then. Excessive copying of things aside, I still love those cute fish and how they're animated!

Another observation: There appears to be no "water shock" powerup to add moves to the dynamite. Guess that would make sense since, well, you're underwater in this game LOL!

Edited on 10/14/2017 at 9:52:07 AM PST

Go to: